Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and thens he gone. Very rare that guys like Duncan and Robinson come along and stay in a small market,,,,,the chances of it happening a 3rd time for San Antonio are very slim. The dude will split for a big market just like Shaq did from Orlando,,,Durant from OKC,,,,LeBron from Cleveland,,, , Kobe almost left a big market for another big market in Chicago and Duncan was dangerously close to leaving for Orlando. Wemby has already served notice to the small market Spurs that he expects to win les immediately. If you dont think it can happen,,,,go ask all those fans in other cities when their generational #1 pick left town,,,,

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on vacation in Orlando the day Shaq left. The town was like a morgue.

Wemby went to his dream team. Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and Bruce Bowen played for the Spurs. He will never leave as long as the Spurs are always trying to win.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boomer OP is wrong about literally everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I want Chet instead, he'll appreciate it more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wemby went to his dream team. Tony Parker, Boris Diaw and Bruce Bowen played for the Spurs. He will never leave as long as the Spurs are always trying to win.
    Trying to win and actually winning are two diffent things,,,,Pop cant do right now. Spurs couldnt even keep Kawhi,,,,what makes them think this wonderkid is gonna stick around after 4 years? No chance. Its as close to a sure thing as you can get,,,San Antonio cant compete with LA or New York when they come calling,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless he quits like Leonard he would be stuck in SA for 7 years.
    4 years on the rookie contract, and presumably the Spurs would offer the max which means he would have to sign a minimum 3 year offer sheet with another team, which Spurs get to match.

But he could certainly quit like the last guy so if he really wants out it could happen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and thens he gone. Very rare that guys like Duncan and Robinson come along and stay in a small market,,,,,the chances of it happening a 3rd time for San Antonio are very slim. The dude will split for a big market just like Shaq did from Orlando,,,Durant from OKC,,,,LeBron from Cleveland,,, , Kobe almost left a big market for another big market in Chicago and Duncan was dangerously close to leaving for Orlando. Wemby has already served notice to the small market Spurs that he expects to win les immediately. If you dont think it can happen,,,,go ask all those fans in other cities when their generational #1 pick left town,,,,
    When was the last time an international superstar asked out?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this mean he would decline 35 million contract and play for 12 qualifying offer?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Wemby market a whole country who loves the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait til Wemby’s jersey is in the rafters after a long, healthy, illustrious career with the Spurs tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to win and actually winning are two diffent things,,,,Pop cant do right now. Spurs couldnt even keep Kawhi,,,,what makes them think this wonderkid is gonna stick around after 4 years? No chance. Its as close to a sure thing as you can get,,,San Antonio cant compete with LA or New York when they come calling,,,,
    Pop just came off his finest season as a coach and developed a great young team to pair with Wembanyama.

Kawhi wanted to play for the Lakers or the Clippers. If he had been drafted by one of them, he'd have never left. Wembanyama was dying to be a Spur. He will never leave.

BTW, there is no way anyone is taking seriously someone who separates sentences with a series of commas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

OP a dumbass but what is the Bruce Bowen connection?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says a Laker fan. Funny that’s exactly what my friend told me and he’s a Laker fan
    Last edited by John B; 05-27-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen is the Michael Jordan of the French League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miserable needs attention again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m gonna enjoy the out of these next 7 years. Yes, there is always a risk of flight (there always is), which is why turning around a winner by year 3 should be a top priority

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 4 years, I’m going to enjoy watching him sign the Super Max extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the kid stays healthy

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to stay with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is not a spoiled American. The Spurs are the adopted team of France and the likelihood of Wrmby being a Spurs lifer if far greater than him signing a contract to play with the Knicks or Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trolls all over.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is not a spoiled American. The Spurs are the adopted team of France and the likelihood of Wrmby being a Spurs lifer if far greater than him signing a contract to play with the Knicks or Lakers
    Spurs still have to build a winner around him. It's on the front office now to do that.

He isn't going to stay just because France has Spur fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the best development environment for him, so we should be able to keep for for at least 7 years. If he decides he's had enough development time and wants to leave, the spurs can probably trade him for like 2 all stars and 8 first round draft picks. That's the price and we're sticking to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce played in France when he was coming up. Tony Parker was a kid who would come to the games with his dad, who would give Bowen advice and they became friendly. Tony was excited to be drafted by San Antonio because he could play with Bruce. There is a video on EDIT: the NBA app about Bowen that is pretty good. I guess they don't mind saying good things about him now that he is an employee.

Thread Information