Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Brigham Young Cougars
    which types of oil do u use to prepare ur meals.......do u use margarine or butter.......

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    OP uses other men's butt grease

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Olive oil and butter

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Love me some olive oil but over here sunflower oil is king

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Olive oil and kerrygold

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Love me some olive oil but over here sunflower oil is king
    Sunflower oil is omega 6 heavy and like most vegetable oils creates partially hydrogenated trans fatty acid when frying. Definitely not king.

Olive oil (mufa).... canola oil (omega 3 heavy), and butter (saturated fat isn't so unhealthy in moderation) are kings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Sunflower oil is omega 6 heavy and like most vegetable oils creates partially hydrogenated trans fatty acid when frying. Definitely not king.

Olive oil (mufa).... canola oil (omega 3 heavy), and butter (saturated fat isn't so unhealthy in moderation) are kings.
    I’m not ranking them by health. Sunflowers are king here. You can’t go far in the Ukrainian countryside without passing vast fields of them. Especially in the east or south where dead russkies have fertilized the soil.

I can’t find Canola oil here. Olive oil yes, but go into any shop and it’s wall-to-wall sunflower oil with maybe 2-3 bottles of olive oil

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I’m not ranking them by health. Sunflowers are king here. You can’t go far in the Ukrainian countryside without passing vast fields of them. Especially in the east or south where dead russkies have fertilized the soil.

I can’t find Canola oil here. Olive oil yes, but go into any shop and it’s wall-to-wall sunflower oil with maybe 2-3 bottles of olive oil
    They have food there in Ukraine? I thought they live off mealy bread and the occasional stroganoff if you're lucky enough to get access to red meat and noodles.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Olive Oil (EVOO and OO) and Butter. I have Grapeseed Oil/Avocado as well.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just depends what we're cooking and what's in the cupboard or fridge. Usually a rotation of olive oil, butter and coconut oil are kept on hand here.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Still can't believe vegetable oil largely replaced lard and beef tallow in the 90s. Yeah let's cook with something just as bad for you but with none of the flavor!

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Still can't believe vegetable oil largely replaced lard and beef tallow in the 90s. Yeah let's cook with something just as bad for you but with none of the flavor!
    You mean worse.

Lard and tallow (any meat fat really - butter is fine too) are actually healthy and borderline essential in moderation (at least one of those). Vegetable oil (not counting olive oil, canola oil and a couple others that are omega-3 and mufa heava but most liquid vegetable oils including corn oils that are omega-6 heavy) is actually quite bad when cooked on high heat, as it produces acrylamide and hydrogenates in heating. Acrylamide causes cancer and free radicals and hydrogenated oil causes clogged arteries, heart attacks, and strokes. Not to mention IBS and various GI issues. There's a reason I got stomach cramps as a teen when eating Mexican food out (it's almost always cooked in high-heat Mazola corn oil, which means lots of toxic high heat omega-6 byproducts as aforementioned) vs. homemade Mexican food made with olive and/or canola oil and butter. Also, when eating store-bought pies with store bought stuff using Crisco which is the partially hydrogenated shortening crap vs. homemade pies made with frozen lard left behind and stored up from the last pork roast.

The FDA and unbridled population control woke globalist capitalism, it's the same consortium that pushed the bigpharma covid jabs that have killed hundreds of thousands, poisoned the reproductive abilities of millions, and still very much counting.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    M and M giving his 2 cents when he searches for the worst food he can steal in homeless shelters.
    And M and M is totally disregarding oil temp when speaking about hydrogenation of polyunsaturated fats.

Olive oil and butter. Especially for non battered fish. And Its a sin to batter good fresh fish.
    Speckled Trout, and flounder. Redfish half s ed on the grill use the butter and olive oil on the top.
    Sheepshead can be wonderful as well but they have to small a yield per gram of fish. Harder to clean.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Big Oil. Anything fried in beef tallow is pretty good.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Big Oil. Anything fried in beef tallow is pretty good.
    Where do you find tallow though? The only way seems to be to save the end marbling / tallow off a steak or other piece of beef/red meat since that isn't something explicitly sold in most stores like lard.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    M and M giving his 2 cents when he searches for the worst food he can steal in homeless shelters.
    And M and M is totally disregarding oil temp when speaking about hydrogenation of polyunsaturated fats.
    Huh?

I haven't done food pantry since 2018 because I haven't been poor since then. I was legitimately poor in 2017 and '18.

Also, I did speak multiple times regarding the oil temperature. Yeah, omega 6 pufa is safe in moderation when it's not cooked on high heat as far as not hydrogenating, but why would you even want excess omega 6 pufa in your body anyway when you can have mufa like olive oil or omega 3 heavy pufa like canola oil? There's also flaxseed oil which is omega 3 heavy and avocado oil which is expensive and both of those are hard to find. Canola is about the same price as omega 6 heavy stuff so might as well get canola for general use. Olive oil is a bit of a luxury but can't argue with a mufa heavy diet as the long-living Italians and other southern Europeans who eat a lot of it tend to live on average into their 90s and up. The fish oil pills are a fairly lousy source of omega 3 pufa. Remember that fat in general is a macronutrient (and the most dense of the three macros to boot) and not a micronutrient and so attempting to get your macros especially fats through supplementation is a futile and probably not recommended idea. The same could be said about protein powder to a lesser extent. Eat your meat and beans, skip the protein shake made with partially synthetic dried protein.

Butter is mainly stearic and palmitic acid which is saturated but not as damaging in moderation compared to a high omega 6 : 3 ratio or trans fats found in margarine. Also, less myristic saturated fat which is a bit more linked with heart disease. The ruminant (natural) trans fat is not a heart disease issue. It also contains some natural mufa, even though it's animal fat, and has a bit of protein.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Olive oil and butter. Especially for non battered fish. And Its a sin to batter good fresh fish.
    Speckled Trout, and flounder. Redfish half s ed on the grill use the butter and olive oil on the top.
    Sheepshead can be wonderful as well but they have to small a yield per gram of fish. Harder to clean.
    That's some very expensive food.

For the trout I would suggest brushing with a light coat of olive oil and baking it for about 10 minutes on 425-450 degrees. That's what I did in Wisconsin this past March with my ex girlfriend using her food stamp money, and it turned out wonderful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Them Cheeseheads know how to have Walleye fish frys

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Try some coconut oil on Ukraine and Ruskie babes.
    Do ent and report back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When baking brownies, coat the bottom of the baking pan with coconut oil instead of butter.
    Or mostly coconut oil and some butter.

Combines nicely.

Thread Information