Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a new shooting coach. Tre is gonna put in work this summer and Devonte will have a summer with our coaches, development staff, learning plays, and first training camp. We're fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't understand liking all these players that led this team to 22 wins as some kind of supporting cast to put around Wemby and expect him to stay after his first contract. I hope most of the 2022-23 team is gone in 2-3 years when Wemby would be entering his prime. Sochan looks like a keeper and Vassell shows some promise if he can stay healthy but otherwise pls kill me if Tre Jones is still the starting PG.
    The best players on this team before Wemby hardly played together. This season wasnt at all a litmus on how those guys truly are.

When they did play together they played well. Won some games they shouldnt have, and when they were together and were doing well, pop would alter the rotation and kill any notion of winning games they shouldnt.

Tre Jones is a more than fine point guard to have for a couple years start. We’re acting like this guy is some G League point guard when hes not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how good Micic would be in the NBA, but there's no reason why the Spurs should look to move him because of his age. In five years, he should still be in his late-prime. It would be a fascinating question as to which le team had the youngest "oldest" player. I wouldn't be surprised if no team has won a le without a player in his 30s. For the Spurs, the youngest was 36-year-old Jerome Kersey in 99. I don't see any reason to look to move on from a guy who's 35 -- let alone 31 or 32. If he's not getting it done anymore, sure. But I'd want more guys in their 30s the closer the Spurs get toward making noise.
    I'm just saying, I'd view him as a likely bridge. Of course, it could work out to be longer term, but in 5 years he'll be 34.5, almost certainly clearly post prime.

It's not just that, it's what they'll likely need out of that position eventually, which is a star or at least someone with the skillset (if not the efficiency/consistency) of one.

Tre Jones is a more than fine point guard to have for a couple years start. We’re acting like this guy is some G League point guard when hes not.

He's literally the worst primary initiator in the league. A small guard, who can't shoot and is a mediocre play maker for others has no business starting in '23.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-04-2023 at 03:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tacko Fall is playing like Shaq in the Chinese League and the highlights are must-see - SBNation.com

hmmn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's literally the worst primary initiator in the league. A small guard, who can't shoot and is a mediocre play maker for others has no business starting in '23.
    Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devonte swing!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What shoes is he wearing? The midsole looks like it's scooped out. Seem interesting. Haven't kept up with shoe tech the past 4 or 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What shoes is he wearing? The midsole looks like it's scooped out. Seem interesting. Haven't kept up with shoe tech the past 4 or 5 years.
    Air Jordan 34 Low 'EYBL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could totally see Graham being a nice feature to the roster next season. Hits some big threes. Kinda the opposite skills of Jones so between the two you have a Swiss army knife guard/ballhandler corps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    devonte knows this is a prove-it year given his lack of significant guarantees beyond this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just saying, I'd view him as a likely bridge. Of course, it could work out to be longer term, but in 5 years he'll be 34.5, almost certainly clearly post prime.

It's not just that, it's what they'll likely need out of that position eventually, which is a star or at least someone with the skillset (if not the efficiency/consistency) of one.

Hes literally not if you’d watch the games, but me responding to your drivel is more than i wanted to in the first place, so whos the real idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tacko Fall is playing like Shaq in the Chinese League and the highlights are must-see - SBNation.com

hmmn

lol china

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes literally not if you’d watch the games, but me responding to your drivel is more than i wanted to in the first place, so whos the real idiot.
    He literally is, if you're not a myopic homer and/or someone with a rudimentary understanding of the game/league.

This isn't the 90s, when you could get by with a PG like Johnson (if you had superstars like Robinson and Duncan, that is).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hmmn

And DeJuan Blair Charles Barkley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And DeJuan Blair Charles Barkley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you posting highlights of a trash player who had to go to china to have anything resembling pro basketball success?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you posting highlights of a trash player who had to go to china to have anything resembling pro basketball success?
    Chris Andersen NBA Champion as Miami Heat beat Gregg Popplevich, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs.

Birdman Chris Andersen!

Say o to the "Birdman" Chris Andersen. He was a player who left it all on the court. Much like Brandon Jennings, Andersen started his career in China before going to the NBA. Birdman left junior college for the NBA but didn't sign up for the draft.

These NBA Stars Played Overseas In China (msn.com)

Are you claiming that Greg Popplevich, greatest coach of all time didn't / doesn't know what he is doing?
    Jimmer Fredette agrees to deal with San Antonio Spurs - ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Andersen NBA Champion as Miami Heat beat Gregg Popplevich, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs.

Birdman Chris Andersen!

Say o to the "Birdman" Chris Andersen. He was a player who left it all on the court. Much like Brandon Jennings, Andersen started his career in China before going to the NBA. Birdman left junior college for the NBA but didn't sign up for the draft.

These NBA Stars Played Overseas In China (msn.com)

Are you claiming that Greg Popplevich, greatest coach of all time didn't / doesn't know what he is doing?
    Jimmer Fredette agrees to deal with San Antonio Spurs - ESPN
    some good nba players have played in china. some of then like birdman played in china before the nba. some of them like marbury/mcgrady went there because they were washed up nba players.

and then some were players who simply couldnt hack it in the nba and instead played in china. jimmer, fall, etc

fall was complete ass in the nba. meanwhile mengke bateer is a multiple time league mvp in the chinese league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could totally see Graham being a nice feature to the roster next season. Hits some big threes. Kinda the opposite skills of Jones so between the two you have a Swiss army knife guard/ballhandler corps.
    I just can't imagine a playoff team would want him. He can't play both sides.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I just can't imagine a playoff team would want him. He can't play both sides.
    Neither can Duncan Robinson and he has played a huge role for the Heat in their finals run this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A while back, I was more optimistic about Jones as a potential starter. But still, he’s a great back up option. Definitely bring him back. He will be good for compe ion. If someone can play better than him, then they can be the starter, basically.
    I think you have to look at Jones as our coaches and GM do. Would they really be trying to shoehorn Sochan into a PG role if they wanted to keep Jones as the starter. Sochan to PG sounds like a desperation move to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you have to look at Jones as our coaches and GM do. Would they really be trying to shoehorn Sochan into a PG role if they wanted to keep Jones as the starter. Sochan to PG sounds like a desperation move to me.
    They did that because Primo got cut and Wesley blew out his MCL, and they were without a backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SOCHAN IS NOT A PG AND WILL NEVER PLAY PG.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think they want compe ion and for someone to play better than Jones. I imagine that’s how the coaches see it.

Could be desperation with Jeremy, or, you know, tanking while developing skills.

Thread Information