Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should branch out in another direction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm satisfied with rolling with Tre myself next year. Scoot is the only clear cut guy I'd have above him day 1 in the draft and i still can't see us trading up that high. There's a few guys that may be better after a little seasoning and I'd be happy with them (Cason/ Bufkin) but, I still don't know if there's enough difference to justify trading up for them.

There could be a guy or two that falls into the 20's that could get PG minutes behind Tre that could be interesting. I still like NSJ alot if he falls, but I dont expect him to fall out of the lottery... Brandin Podziemski is getting some attention as a PG/SG and it's possible that Cason, Bufkin, or Hood-Schifino fall into that range...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see so many people just ready to get rid of Tre. While I dont see him as a star I see how much better he and his brother have gotten since they entered the league. Tre is not a bad player and all good teams have their players that can be improved on. The spurs had Green for years. They had multiple C after David retired. I am not against getting an older vet but we dont need to pay someone big money to get them. this is an article saying tre is one of the best PG on the FA market this year.
    https://www.si.com/nba/spurs/news/sa...ba-free-agents
    Yeah. I don't get why Tre shouldn't be prioritized and wanted him to be replaced with an unproven player via draft but I think they'll bring him back. Tre one the Spurs player who reacted via Twitter when they got the #1 pick tho doesn't guarantee anything:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I don't get why Tre shouldn't be prioritized and wanted him to be replaced with an unproven player via draft but I think they'll bring him back. Tre one the Spurs player who reacted via Twitter when they got the #1 pick tho doesn't guarantee anything:

its up to him. If he’s going to accept backup money, sure why not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should absolutely try to lock up Tre long term. Even if we get a better PG at some point he‘ll still be an elite back up off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm satisfied with rolling with Tre myself next year. Scoot is the only clear cut guy I'd have above him day 1 in the draft and i still can't see us trading up that high. There's a few guys that may be better after a little seasoning and I'd be happy with them (Cason/ Bufkin) but, I still don't know if there's enough difference to justify trading up for them.

There could be a guy or two that falls into the 20's that could get PG minutes behind Tre that could be interesting. I still like NSJ alot if he falls, but I dont expect him to fall out of the lottery... Brandin Podziemski is getting some attention as a PG/SG and it's possible that Cason, Bufkin, or Hood-Schifino fall into that range...
    Who do you see in the lottery?

Wemby
    B Miller
    Scoot
    Amen
    Cam Whittmore
    Jarace
    Ausar
    Hendricks
    Black

I think those are almost certainly top 10 locks.

Lively

Are almost certain to be among the next to go.

Bufkin
    Coulibaly

Are getting a lot of buzz. That's thirteen players.

Jordan Hawkins
    Cason Wallace
    Keyonte George
    Jalen Hood-Schifino
    Leonard Miller

These players have also seen some buzz and interest. Smith would have to jump past these players and maybe the rank above to be in the lottery. Then there are players like Jett Howard, Clowney, Whitehead, Jackson, Sensabaugh, and others who might still push past him.

I think it's as likely Nick Smith Jr is closer to the 20s before it's done. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing for him in the long run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wemby
    B Miller
    Scoot
    Amen
    Cam Whittmore
    Jarace
    Ausar
    Hendricks
    Black

I think those are almost certainly top 10 locks.

Lively

Bufkin
    Coulibaly

Are getting a lot of buzz. That's thirteen players.

Jordan Hawkins
    Cason Wallace
    Keyonte George
    Jalen Hood-Schifino
    Leonard Miller

These players have also seen some buzz and interest. Smith would have to jump past these players and maybe the rank above to be in the lottery. Then there are players like Jett Howard, Clowney, Whitehead, Jackson, Sensabaugh, and others who might still push past him.

I think it's as likely Nick Smith Jr is closer to the 20s before it's done. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing for him in the long run.
    I think you're pretty close there, especiallyyour top 10... I hope you're right and NSJ slips enough that he'd be a good gamble moving up for. I don't think he falls though. He had a good pro-day that limited alot of the concern some scouts had. I think he goes between 10 and 16.

My current board looks like this:

Tier 1:
    1. Victor Wembanyama
    Tier 2:
    2. Scoot Henderson
    Tier 3:
    3. Jarace Walker
    4. Cam Whitmore
    5. Amen Thompson
    6. Brandon Miller
    7. Ausar Thompson
    8. Taylor Hendricks
    9. Gradey
    Tier:4
    10. Nick Smith Jr
    11. Cason Wallace
    12. Anthony Black
    13. Jordan Hawkins
    14. Kobe Bufkin
    15. Kris Murray
    16. Rayan Rupert
    17. Bilal Coulibaly
    18. Keyonte George
    Tier 5:
    19. Leonard Miller
    20. Dereck Lively II
    21. Jalen Hood-Schifino
    22. Dariq Whitehead
    23. Gregory Jackson II
    24. Brandin Podziemski
    Tier: 6
    25. Maxwell Lewis
    26. Brian Sensabaugh
    27. Jett Howard
    28. Noah Clowney
    29. Tristan Vukcevic
    30. O-Max Prosper

It's not a Spurs centric board.... I definitely think a few guys like Bilal, Lively, and Miller will go higher than I have them rated, which just means someone will fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre definitely needs to be brought back, he’ll get easy shots for Wemby. Tre had a good connection with Zion at duke

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I think most folks here like Tre. He’s in my view the exact type of blue blood upper classman worthy of a SRP.

But the very fair question I think folks are asking (self included) is whether it’s wise to start him in a SL otherwise very limited shooting wise. You can make a case that Graham should start over him for this reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You definitely resign Tre this summer. We need him, badly. You can move him later. We're past the point where people are going to go from "Who is Derrick White?" to comparing half the players in this draft to Derrick White. Eyes are going to be on this franchise and its young players are going to be seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I think most folks here like Tre. He’s in my view the exact type of blue blood upper classman worthy of a SRP.

But the very fair question I think folks are asking (self included) is whether it’s wise to start him in a SL otherwise very limited shooting wise. You can make a case that Graham should start over him for this reason.
    I think most people here do like Trey, the question becomes how much do we like him ? 8 mil. per year, 10 mil. per year , 12 mil. per year ? What if he says no to what the spurs offer ? Then maybe a draft pick or a player from another team makes more sense . A lot of things are up in the air right now and things will probably get trickier as the draft nears. The front office has some hard decisions to make.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A while back, I was more optimistic about Jones as a potential starter. But still, he’s a great back up option. Definitely bring him back. He will be good for compe ion. If someone can play better than him, then they can be the starter, basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You definitely resign Tre this summer. We need him, badly. You can move him later. We're past the point where people are going to go from "Who is Derrick White?" to comparing half the players in this draft to Derrick White. Eyes are going to be on this franchise and its young players are going to be seen.
    Who else besides Black is being compared to Derrick White? Asking because I’m down to draft Derrick White again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else besides Black is being compared to Derrick White? Asking because I’m down to draft Derrick White again.
    I've lost track, but it's usually players who can impact games rather than just running around real fast. Guys like Podziemski. There have been others. They don't always have much in common with White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Colby Jones has spurs written all over him, gives me Derrick White and Malcolm Brogdan vibes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lively

I rather see

Lively

Personnaly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most people here do like Trey, the question becomes how much do we like him ? 8 mil. per year, 10 mil. per year , 12 mil. per year ? What if he says no to what the spurs offer ? Then maybe a draft pick or a player from another team makes more sense . A lot of things are up in the air right now and things will probably get trickier as the draft nears. The front office has some hard decisions to make.
    Will be interesting to see how Much Wemby impact players' decision to stay or come, maybe for a smaller offer in both cases but ways to compensate with endorsements and stuff or just the will of being in potentially the team of the years to come, with a lot of attention and hopefully success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be interesting to see how Much Wemby impact players' decision to stay or come, maybe for a smaller offer in both cases but ways to compensate with endorsements and stuff or just the will of being in potentially the team of the years to come, with a lot of attention and hopefully success.
    There may be an impact once Wemby has proven in the NBA he is a franchise caliber player that can lead a winning team. Even in this best case scenario we should probably not have unrealistic expectations, we only have to take a look at what kind of free agents other MVP caliber players in small markets (Tim himself, Giannis, Jokic, etc) have managed to lure, and it isn't an overwhelming list of top talent. With that said, if Wemby and the rest of the core are compe ive by year 2, the FA class of '25 is deep enough that we could conceivably land one or more interesting free agents.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't understand liking all these players that led this team to 22 wins as some kind of supporting cast to put around Wemby and expect him to stay after his first contract. I hope most of the 2022-23 team is gone in 2-3 years when Wemby would be entering his prime. Sochan looks like a keeper and Vassell shows some promise if he can stay healthy but otherwise pls kill me if Tre Jones is still the starting PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't understand liking all these players that led this team to 22 wins as some kind of supporting cast to put around Wemby and expect him to stay after his first contract. I hope most of the 2022-23 team is gone in 2-3 years when Wemby would be entering his prime. Sochan looks like a keeper and Vassell shows some promise if he can stay healthy but otherwise pls kill me if Tre Jones is still the starting PG.
    In all fairness, the team did what it was set up to do: tank for Wemby.

We have some decent role players, but still need another star. That and another couple more solid role players would make us contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who here is advocating Tre Jones as the starter when Wembanyama enters his prime?

And 2-3 years Wembanyama will be 22. That's hardly his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about some reassessing of Devonte Graham and his possible value to next season? He came over from N.O. at the trade deadline and his first game with the Spurs hit 31 points. Granted this was a happy fluke but read this article which explains a lot about his movement and progress since coming into the league. 'Whatever Coach Pop Needs': Spurs PG Devonte' Graham Embracing New Team Role (msn.com)

I didn't know he had been a starter at Charlotte. apparently, he can shoot. I'm just wondering if we have a sleeper hidden in the roster for the PG slot, whether starter or backup???

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about some reassessing of Devonte Graham and his possible value to next season? He came over from N.O. at the trade deadline and his first game with the Spurs hit 31 points. Granted this was a happy fluke but read this article which explains a lot about his movement and progress since coming into the league. 'Whatever Coach Pop Needs': Spurs PG Devonte' Graham Embracing New Team Role (msn.com)

I didn't know he had been a starter at Charlotte. apparently, he can shoot. I'm just wondering if we have a sleeper hidden in the roster for the PG slot, whether starter or backup???
    I'm personally not a fan of undersized shooting guards. If Toronto loses Van Fleet maybe they would want to replace him with someone in the same mould?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I think Pop is enamored with having an “Eddie House” type of player off the bench at all times (he’s referenced that specifically player before). Instant offense/microwave. It explains Neal, Mills, Forbes, and now Graham.

Thread Information