Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/news/philadelphi...-as-head-coach
    Report: Sixers expected to hire Nick Nurse as next head coach

Nurse, who led Toronto to its 1st NBA le in 2019, reportedly will replace Coc Quitters as coach in Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia 76ers are expected to hire Nick Nurse as their next head coach, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Nurse was fired as coach in Toronto after the Raptors were eliminated in the 2023 AT&T Play-In Tournament. He led the Raptors to their first NBA le in 2019 and overall went 277-163 in five seasons with Toronto.

He will replace Tom Rivers, who was let go after the Sixers the bed in the 2023 playoffs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Philly expects a lot from a known quality in Harden and an emotionally immature Embiid.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wonder if Philly fans wish they chose Jimmy over anyone on this team, especially Harris and disregard Embiid's complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Losses All Time for head coaching could, make that will see Pop pass up Doc Rivers. Unless yet another contender wants Doc.

OTOH Pop is going to add to his already most wins all time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure nurse aint no better than rivers -

lol philly

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Monty goes to Detroit.

Maybe teams who are struggling should just put their coaches names in a hat and just draw for who goes where. Sports teams recycling the same useless morons seems to be a universal practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter who's coaching the team

If the roster is or if your franchise player is a sfot choking pheggit, notihng is gonna change that

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Detroit was rumored to be down to Kevin Ollie and Charles Lee. Puke. Tom Gores stepped in and made Monty an offer he couldn't say no to. Compared to Ollie or Lee, Monty looks like Phil Jackson. Pistons have tried new names before, proven assistant coaches with their first chance. Michael Curry, John Kuester, John Loyer. They've hired proven NBA head coaches with SVG and Casey. Since Flip Saunders, they've all been bad. Retreads, new bloods, supposed rising stars. None of them worked. First and foremost, it's about the talent on the roster.

Monty has had mixed results. But he's done pretty well getting teams from bad to compe ive when he's had talent. Pistons aren't in need of a coach to get them over the top for a championship. They're trying to climb out of the basement. They have a few high draft talent players. Can Monty help develop that? I think it's a different ask than what Philly or Milwaukee were looking for. Development and consistent compe iveness.

Considering the options, Charles Lee, Kevin Ollie, Jarron Collins, Monty feels like a solid hire.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Since no big names want to intentionally go to Detroit, Monty has his work cut out for him.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Since no big names want to intentionally go to Detroit, Monty has his work cut out for him.
    Which is precisely why they are banking on the idea that Monty is good at development. Cunningham, Wiseman, Ivey, Duren. Pistons aren't paying Monty to bring in big name free agents. They're paying him to try to develop and maximize the potential of those young high draft picks. Sure he has his work cut out for him, and that's what they're paying him for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good upgrade for Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    monty on same salary as pops

Thread Information