Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a S&T to Portland for the #3 pick tbh.
    I think it would be more likely he'd be part of a trade to send Lollard to Boston. Maybe ship Brown and White or Brown and Brogdon for him. Portland would probably want Williams but no way I'm parting with him if I'm the Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean does Boston have to offer him the supermax? Can’t they just offer him a 4 year deal instead? Do what the Suns did to Ayton and just match an offer? Something like that. I don’t pretend to know the CBA.

Brown needs to learn how to dribble. Maybe Danny Green can teach him
    Ayton was a restricted free agent which is why Phoenix kept him even though he didn't want to be there. Brown will be unrestricted after next season and has full control where he goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would be more likely he'd be part of a trade to send Lollard to Boston. Maybe ship Brown and White or Brown and Brogdon for him. Portland would probably want Williams but no way I'm parting with him if I'm the Celtics.
    Eh, if Brown were younger I could see it, but he'll be 27 next season. Think if Portland moves Lollard it'll be for picks and young prospects, not an established player(s) who has probably hit his ceiling.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Last edited by The Gemini Method; 05-31-2023 at 04:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, if Brown were younger I could see it, but he'll be 27 next season. Think if Portland moves Lollard it'll be for picks and young prospects, not an established player(s) who has probably hit his ceiling.
    You're not getting high end prospects for 33 year old Lollard. Bridges who Brooklyn got out of the Durant trade is older than Brown and no way Dame is valued as high as KD by NBA GMs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston's the only one who can offer him a supermax.
    Yeah, but I doubt there's a single team out there who would offer him one outside of Boston to keep him. His value simply cannot be $300mil at this point. Is he even a top 25 player?

That's why the Celtics are ed. Either they pay this man and lock themselves into a bad contract, or let him walk and don't have the cap room to get anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brown isn't a supermax player. I would be surprised if the Celtics sign him to that kind of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brown isn't a supermax player. I would be surprised if the Celtics sign him to that kind of money.
    What do the C's do if they don't? Depending on the cap situation from the NBA, they would have a max of a few million dollars to throw around if they dump him.

I guess you could try to trade him? But I don't see anyone taking him on a supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum twisted his ankle on the first play, it's not as if he choked it all away. He should have been benched. Game was over then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum twisted his ankle on the first play, it's not as if he choked it all away. He should have been benched. Game was over then.
    A supermax player doesn't throw down 8 turnovers in game 7 when his team's best player is hurt.

Brown could have taken over and been 1A with Tatum as the best player in Boston and one of the best players on the planet.

Instead he's going to be a massively overpaid player that no one wants to touch even if he goes off in the regular season next year, because everyone will assume he's a wildcard come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A supermax player doesn't throw down 8 turnovers in game 7 when his team's best player is hurt.

Brown could have taken over and been 1A with Tatum as the best player in Boston and one of the best players on the planet.

Instead he's going to be a massively overpaid player that no one wants to touch even if he goes off in the regular season next year, because everyone will assume he's a wildcard come playoff time.
    Yep that's true and probably no one agrees more than Brown. It's gonna be a long, hot summer for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do the C's do if they don't? Depending on the cap situation from the NBA, they would have a max of a few million dollars to throw around if they dump him.

I guess you could try to trade him? But I don't see anyone taking him on a supermax.
    Convince him to take less. Nobody is paying Brown 66 millions a year, tbh. If he doesn't accept, just trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Convince him to take less. Nobody is paying Brown 66 millions a year, tbh. If he doesn't accept, just trade him.
    Man... who's going to take the goat of the ECF? Dude was by far the worst player on the court per dollar. I wouldn't want him on the Spurs unless he carried basically 0 cap hit.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    To be fair, the margin between say the Bucks and Celtics in the last 5 years has been razor thin (a KD toe perhaps). The Bucks have had the #1 seed in the entire league 3 of the past 5 years and shat the bed every year except 2021, where they almost got dumped by a KD solo effort. They then had a midget-led Hawks team and a CP3 choke team as their reward in the Finals (Boston faced a much harder opponent in GSW).

The East is full of chokers (Celtics included ) so you can argue running it back with Tatum and Brown gives them a good shot as any to get back to the Finals - just offer him less than the supermax. I really don't know what trade would put them in a better position (Lillard?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, the margin between say the Bucks and Celtics in the last 5 years has been razor thin (a KD toe perhaps). The Bucks have had the #1 seed in the entire league 3 of the past 5 years and shat the bed every year except 2021, where they almost got dumped by a KD solo effort. They then had a midget-led Hawks team and a CP3 choke team as their reward in the Finals (Boston faced a much harder opponent in GSW).

The East is full of chokers (Celtics included ) so you can argue running it back with Tatum and Brown gives them a good shot as any to get back to the Finals - just offer him less than the supermax. I really don't know what trade would put them in a better position (Lillard?).
    I don't ever see the Celtics as constructed going back. MAYBE more ECF runs, but even that's iffy. They're pretty exposed at the moment, getting taken to G6 by an absolutely horrific Atlanta team, needing the choke artists of the league to do their thing in Philly, and then getting absolutely hammered by the Heat, not just in game 7, but in multiple games in the series against a wholly inferior foe. Brown just ain't it, and Tatum, despite his superstar calls, isn't a superstar. Tatum reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady if TMac had been in Boston. Good to great player that can have huge nights but is overall just an echelon away most of his career from being elite (although Tmac was definitely elite for 2-3 seasons).

I would put Tatum in the same level as I would Booker, Towns, and Trae. Guys who just are missing a piece to their game to be in the mix at the top. I know that's probably heinous to say to most basketball minds but I've been watching this dude his entire career. He wants to be Kobe who wanted to be Mike, and they're all bad copies of the person they're emulating. Yeah, he rolled his ankle, and yeah, he had "nice" numbers in the ECF at 25 10 and 5.5, but he shot like garbage from 3 and turned the ball over MORE than Brown did despite Brown's terrible final game. Against a Miami Heat defense he should have detonated for 30 points per game on easily. I understand there will be calls about coaching but WTF we're talking about a guy who's supposed to be one of the 10 if not 5 best players in the league and he let an 8 seed run over him for 3 games. Absolutely no compe ive fire from him.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I would put Tatum in the same level as I would Booker, Towns, and Trae. Guys who just are missing a piece to their game to be in the mix at the top...
    Same should be said of Joel Embiid despite the MVP.

TMac comparison fits with Tatum. Or more recently, Paul George.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can.

At that point about 7-8 teams around the league with cap space to burn are going to look at their roster and see that Brown, incredibly flawed player or not, is an upgrade over, say, Kelly Oubre Jr., and the desire to sign him will be high. Dude has some major issues but he's still a better guard than quite a few starters in the league. I think at the very least, someone is going to pay him more than Boston reasonably can if they try to duck the supermax extension.
    It only takes one GM to overpay a player. That leads to a third option in Boston's dilemma (overpay him or let him walk for nothing), which is a sign-and-trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not just trade Brown, either now or more likely at the trade deadline this upcoming season?
    Some team will be willing to overtrade in the thinking that Brown is the missing piece to a chip.

Have no idea why some of you are floating overpaying this sellout. If he gets treatment for his gambling addiction or whatever he has going on, great. Only way i would consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man... who's going to take the goat of the ECF? Dude was by far the worst player on the court per dollar. I wouldn't want him on the Spurs unless he carried basically 0 cap hit.
    If that's the case, then Brown doesn't have much leverage to ask for the supermax, tbh. Brown is the one in a tough spot here, not the Celtics.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    there are magnets in the ball. Everybody knows that
    Springs! That's how it bounces. One must have come loose.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Joe Mazzulla didn't make the necessary adjustments. This isn't about game 7 but how they got behind 0-3 to that seed. Granted, the Heat made it to the ECF so they were obviously a worthy opponent, however I think this loss gets chalked up to the Ime Udoka event and that it was Joe's 1st season. With other coaches now available, I'd expect the Celtics to hire one as a message to fans that they are making necessary adjustments.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Joe Mazzulla didn't make the necessary adjustments. This isn't about game 7 but how they got behind 0-3 to that seed. Granted, the Heat made it to the ECF so they were obviously a worthy opponent, however I think this loss gets chalked up to the Ime Udoka event and that it was Joe's 1st season. With other coaches now available, I'd expect the Celtics to hire one as a message to fans that they are making necessary adjustments.
    If it's on Mazzulla that they got down 0-3, shouldn't he get credit for getting them to a game 7 after getting down 0-3? It's hard to reconcile only giving criticism to Mazzulla for the ECF without acknowledging he did something strategy wise or motivationally to get them 3 straight wins too. Especially considering everyone in the basketball universe had the series as over after game 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Coc back!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's the case, then Brown doesn't have much leverage to ask for the supermax, tbh. Brown is the one in a tough spot here, not the Celtics.
    Brown's ego will probably force them to trade him if they don't offer him supermax.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't ever see the Celtics as constructed going back. MAYBE more ECF runs, but even that's iffy. They're pretty exposed at the moment, getting taken to G6 by an absolutely horrific Atlanta team, needing the choke artists of the league to do their thing in Philly, and then getting absolutely hammered by the Heat, not just in game 7, but in multiple games in the series against a wholly inferior foe. Brown just ain't it, and Tatum, despite his superstar calls, isn't a superstar. Tatum reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady if TMac had been in Boston. Good to great player that can have huge nights but is overall just an echelon away most of his career from being elite (although Tmac was definitely elite for 2-3 seasons).

I would put Tatum in the same level as I would Booker, Towns, and Trae. Guys who just are missing a piece to their game to be in the mix at the top. I know that's probably heinous to say to most basketball minds but I've been watching this dude his entire career. He wants to be Kobe who wanted to be Mike, and they're all bad copies of the person they're emulating. Yeah, he rolled his ankle, and yeah, he had "nice" numbers in the ECF at 25 10 and 5.5, but he shot like garbage from 3 and turned the ball over MORE than Brown did despite Brown's terrible final game. Against a Miami Heat defense he should have detonated for 30 points per game on easily. I understand there will be calls about coaching but WTF we're talking about a guy who's supposed to be one of the 10 if not 5 best players in the league and he let an 8 seed run over him for 3 games. Absolutely no compe ive fire from him.
    Not disagreeing really but who is gonna displace the Celtics from ECF? Embiid is a bigger choker than Tatum/Brown and may lose Harden (GOAT choker). Giannis looked down right scared of the ball late in games in the first round (they choked 14+ 4Q leads in back to back games). Brooklyn and Atlanta ain't getting any better. So I guess that leaves the Heat?

They can definitely move some pieces and get a better playmaker since neither Tatum/Brown are great at it...and like most are saying, Brown hopefully will accept less money. You'll get pennies on the dollar in most trades with him anyways and their cap situation is dicey.

Thread Information