Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brown's ego will probably force them to trade him if they don't offer him supermax.
    Which is what the Celtics should do anyways, tbh.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Not disagreeing really but who is gonna displace the Celtics from ECF? Embiid is a bigger choker than Tatum/Brown and may lose Harden (GOAT choker). Giannis looked down right scared of the ball late in games in the first round (they choked 14+ 4Q leads in back to back games). Brooklyn and Atlanta ain't getting any better. So I guess that leaves the Heat?

They can definitely move some pieces and get a better playmaker since neither Tatum/Brown are great at it...and like most are saying, Brown hopefully will accept less money. You'll get pennies on the dollar in most trades with him anyways and their cap situation is dicey.
    The East runs through Miami until the 2026-2027 season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you are looking at your salary cap, realizing you're about to give $500,000,000-$600,000,000 to two players who couldn't beat a hobbled 8th seed as the core of your entire future franchise.

Me thinks Tatum and JB should get the bags they deserve...but, they probably send JB to Houston to play with Bin Harden and Coach Ime - for picks/players.

Either way, Boston in trouble. If they pay both and keep them, they gonna lose players like Grant...and the new luxury tax rules gonna put a whoopin on them courtesy of the new CBA.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Whip out that Coc!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whip out that Coc!
    No Josh, don't!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not disagreeing really but who is gonna displace the Celtics from ECF? Embiid is a bigger choker than Tatum/Brown and may lose Harden (GOAT choker). Giannis looked down right scared of the ball late in games in the first round (they choked 14+ 4Q leads in back to back games). Brooklyn and Atlanta ain't getting any better. So I guess that leaves the Heat?

They can definitely move some pieces and get a better playmaker since neither Tatum/Brown are great at it...and like most are saying, Brown hopefully will accept less money. You'll get pennies on the dollar in most trades with him anyways and their cap situation is dicey.
    Well, contenders often rise that we don't see coming, but you're right. The East might be the weakest it's ever been right now with regard to the top 8 teams. Unless the bucks figure it out there's no one outside of Miami this season that's even close to elite. Denver would have swept Boston.

That said, we've seen this before. When a team peaks and has a performance like this, it generally falls off pretty hard. Even if Boston doesn't keep brown or keeps him for less cash, they're still hamstrung. 163mil on the books next season with only 10 players.

Maybe Tatum can improve enough to make me wrong. He is only 25. We'll see. I would feel good about betting on Boston to get back anytime soon though. Definitely not to the finals.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Welp looks like it's the supermax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JB isn't worth that much cash. That kind of money only goes to those that have already led a team to the promised land. Really good player, but supermax $$ is just a head scratcher. This is the type of move that can send a franchise into the basement for years if it doesn't produce a ring. Alan Houston comes to mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they'll have buyers remorse by year 2-3 of the deal

for a while every public figure was basically saying "yeah this feels like its too much for brown but they're probably going to do it" and thats what happened

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The …
    ing …
    Celtics ….
    If this is what the Spurs we’re gonna face Be glad they didn’t trade for Brown and chose the Raptors poo-poo platter
    In the end you hit on Wemby …
    Raptors got a chip …
    Clippers stuck with a broke down version of Kwai
    And Brown making 60 million well past his 20s
    If you count Wemby as the prize the ing Spurs and the raptors won.
    The clippers lose again

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Btw upstairs I remember some advocating for Brown I got receipts I said Tatum or no deal …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    instead of supermax to scrubs who are not franchise players but nothing more then overglorified robins...why not just reward them 5-10m for achieving whatever nba awards each year?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    they'll have buyers remorse by year 2-3 of the deal

for a while every public figure was basically saying "yeah this feels like its too much for brown but they're probably going to do it" and thats what happened
    They had said remorse before it was signed. But had no other choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you are looking at your salary cap, realizing you're about to give $500,000,000-$600,000,000 to two players who couldn't beat a hobbled 8th seed as the core of your entire future franchise.

Seems like ever since Lenny Bias was given tainted coke by Stern and the Lakers drug dealer the Celts have simply been a show.

Ok 2008 they brought home the bacon. Only to F it up royally in the 2010 giveaway.

1 le in 36 years. Red A turning over in his grave.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seems like ever since Lenny Bias was given tainted coke by Stern and the Lakers drug dealer the Celts have simply been a show.

Ok 2008 they brought home the bacon. Only to F it up royally in the 2010 giveaway.

1 le in 36 years. Red A turning over in his grave.
    Yep, Bias going like that was a harbinger, Mult. Almost surreal. Usually that would happen to us. Not that time.

& truth be told: I was counting on them not 2 months ago to be the last line of defense had the Suns gotten into the Finals. There was nobody else that I believed was quality enough to stop 'em. They weren't near capable. A GD miracle that Denver rose up like that. Yes, the foreign center (name escapes) was a given, but that Murray kid. I figured he'd the bed first game out and there'd be no going back, that the Suns would come out of the West and nobody to protect from ringage cept the Celtics. I was willing to break that Finals lock just to keep the Suns away from breaking their cherry.

Water under the bridge, now, sure, but I had many sleepless night till Denver ended my misery.

Yet, it is still a concern. I still have nobody in the East, or the West that is capable of stopping THESE Suns. The Detroit Hit Man has set me in genuine peril. We'll know by New Years Day if they're going to ring, or, not. Then? It'll come down to an act of God in order to get 'em stopped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, Bias going like that was a harbinger, Mult. Almost surreal. Usually that would happen to us. Not that time.

& truth be told: I was counting on them not 2 months ago to be the last line of defense had the Suns gotten into the Finals. There was nobody else that I believed was quality enough to stop 'em. They weren't near capable. A GD miracle that Denver rose up like that. Yes, the foreign center (name escapes) was a given, but that Murray kid. I figured he'd the bed first game out and there'd be no going back, that the Suns would come out of the West and nobody to protect from ringage cept the Celtics. I was willing to break that Finals lock just to keep the Suns away from breaking their cherry.

Water under the bridge, now, sure, but I had many sleepless night till Denver ended my misery.

Yet, it is still a concern. I still have nobody in the East, or the West that is capable of stopping THESE Suns. The Detroit Hit Man has set me in genuine peril. We'll know by New Years Day if they're going to ring, or, not. Then? It'll come down to an act of God in order to get 'em stopped.
    When did anything close to that ever happened to “you”?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When did anything close to that ever happened to “you”?
    You're right.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Mehhh they the faves on paper but that hasn’t worked for recent faves

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mehhh they the faves on paper but that hasn’t worked for recent faves
    No. And they ain't reached bottom over this past playoff debacle either. Not even close.

Thread Information