Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can you co exist with Trump s?

Some really nice country places but they are loaded with Magats.

Does the population of the town / city / area matter to you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The state is very large with wide variations among regions, and I don’t know where you’re coming from, why you’re coming, or what you’re accustomed to.

Parts of the state are filled with some of the tiest swine masquerading as humans on earth.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    South side of Dallas

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm currently living in Budapest with my gf. It's quite an international environment so something similar would be nice.

I've heard good things of Austin, so we're considering that. Also that would allow me to be close to San Antonio to go see the Spurs, but my gf is concerned about the shootings.

I'm moving because of working purposes, but I've been told it doesn't necessarily have to be Texas. Although considering taxes and the offer, I'm not sure there could be a better alternative.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm currently living in Budapest with my gf. It's quite an international environment so something similar would be nice.

I've heard good things of Austin, so we're considering that. Also that would allow me to be close to San Antonio to go see the Spurs, but my gf is concerned about the shootings.

I'm moving because of working purposes, but I've been told it doesn't necessarily have to be Texas. Although considering taxes and the offer, I'm not sure there could be a better alternative.
    If you're a liberal and still don't like state tax, move to the State of Washington or New Hampshire. Texas is full and we all have lots of guns and like to shoot with them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Why are you concerned more about shootings in Austin vs other places in Texas? The two worst mass shootings in this area were in small towns, eg Uvalde (population 15,000) and Sutherland Springs (population 600).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The DFW area has affordable places to live and plenty of variety on neighborhoods, lifestyle, etc. in and around the suburbs. If you want to narrow your search I'd probably start there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    If you do happen to experience a mass shooting then do me a favor and use gui ude as a human shield

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If a person had a place on the Colorado River could they boat all the way into Austin?
    Like what if you're way out like Highland Heaven?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    oh boy

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm gonna save the rant, but any big city in Texas is going to be a complete sh!thole, more particular, Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston are a special kind and at that point you are moving into Mogadishu, Kabul, Riyadh, Baghdad, etc type of awful

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I'm gonna save the rant, but any big city in Texas is going to be a complete sh!thole, more particular, Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston are a special kind and at that point you are moving into Mogadishu, Kabul, Riyadh, Baghdad, etc type of awful
    If you're generally afraid of people and having things to do for entertainment, definitely take Mark's advice here.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Why are you concerned more about shootings in Austin vs other places in Texas? The two worst mass shootings in this area were in small towns, eg Uvalde (population 15,000) and Sutherland Springs (population 600).
    Typical liberals to on Texas but prop up Austin

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If you're generally afraid of people and having things to do for entertainment, definitely take Mark's advice here.
    Mark lives in the Glacier National Park area in NW Montana. So yeah. I guess hunting and watching ice melt is entertaining.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The DFW area has affordable places to live and plenty of variety on neighborhoods, lifestyle, etc. in and around the suburbs. If you want to narrow your search I'd probably start there.
    It's gone way up in the past 15 years though. Way way up. Like Denton is still fairly affordable if you're not by the university iirc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

This is a good start. Need a bit more information though.

Have you been to USA before - what did you like/dislike most.

Are you looking to possibly set roots here meaning you want affordable place that allows you to stockpile savings. But also means commuting to social areas

Or are you looking to enjoy your current life stage with the GF thus an expensive booming metro area is a must

USA has alot of options so finding a comfortable mix is possible.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    that's crazy how far republican those western counties are even with the Hispanic plurality / majority in a lot of those counties especially near the Permian basin.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

This is the kind of map(s) old Republican men who fear skin color will give you.
    And at the same time leave out the fact that the largest ethnic group is not white, or black.
    Its Hispanic. Texas has a border with Mexico. Who would have figured...

Fear and disinformation.
    So along those lines I will take the liberty of telling you the poster of these maps had a massive stroke and his head rotted off.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

there's nowhere like that here check out cost of living between here and some other states your interested in we don't have an income tax but our sales taxes and property taxes are high as . You should also look into how much a commute you're comfortable with, everything here is far away. Also make sure that the health insurance for this new job ain't bad, you gf is ed if she gets sick though

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    there's nowhere like that here check out cost of living between here and some other states your interested in we don't have an income tax but our sales taxes and property taxes are high as . You should also look into how much a commute you're comfortable with, everything here is far away. Also make sure that the health insurance for this new job ain't bad, you gf is ed if she gets sick though
    His GF is ed if she gets pregnant and isn't ready to go through with a pregnancy. Should probably move to the northeast or west coast imo.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah Texas really s you over hard with property tax. Sales tax is about average and it's not too much to complain about. The property tax is among the worst in the country though. No income tax but the drivers are bad and summer is 8-9 months out of the year.

Thread Information