Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have to check out SL this year. I don't think Wemby plays but hopefully Branham/Wesley and this year's crop of rookies are in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will check in for the "NBA con" event but won't play. Come on, he's royalty he doesn't play with the peasants.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will check in for the "NBA con" event but won't play. Come on, he's royalty he doesn't play with the peasants.
    Timmy played summer league, but Victor is still playing and has some international stuff scheduled. I was on the 'why shouldn't he play' bus until I saw how busy he is gonna be.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they wouldn't schedule it that way but imagine the crush to get in a Wemby game in Cox Arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy played summer league, but Victor is still playing and has some international stuff scheduled. I was on the 'why shouldn't he play' bus until I saw how busy he is gonna be.
    Yeah with as busy as he is this summer, I can't imagine he plays in summer league. Maaaaybe he practices with the summer league team (or perhaps he just attends the practices) but I doubt he does much more.

If he does play, though, I'm making that trip to Vegas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Wemby should play. Between the French league playoffs and the FIBA World Cup, he'll be too busy this summer as it is. The latter should serve as his de facto summer league.

Besides, we already have plenty of other prospects to watch. Branham, Wesley, the second round picks. Maybe even Champagnie, Barlow, and Bassey (if he's healthy) could suit up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor is playing his Summer League right now, he played a summer league game today lol much better compe ion anyway.

Tune in for his next one: June 2nd noon EST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah with as busy as he is this summer, I can't imagine he plays in summer league. Maaaaybe he practices with the summer league team (or perhaps he just attends the practices) but I doubt he does much more.

If he does play, though, I'm making that trip to Vegas
    SpursTalk meets The Hangover lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect our young players on beast mode with the Wemby fever, Blake, Malaki, Barlow. The leash just got shorter

I’d be checking one of those games for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was joking but also announcing what's gonna happen (as I already did last week in the wemby thread). NBA announced that Wemby would there for the "NBA con" event (if Timvp wants a selfie), but no way he's playing in the summer league. He could play till end of June in the french league POs and WC preparation with french NT starts end of July. He'll take July off.
    Last edited by JPB; 05-31-2023 at 06:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Gorepopovich; 05-31-2023 at 12:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby shouldn't step foot on the court in SL. Its Malaki's turn to lead the SL squad and show us what new parts of his game he unlocked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very odd if true (sochan article suggesting he's going to participate in summer league). only real reason i could think of is they legit wanted to try him out at point guard for an extended run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very odd if true (sochan article suggesting he's going to participate in summer league). only real reason i could think of is they legit wanted to try him out at point guard for an extended run
    Shouldn’t be that surprising. Mulitiple former FRPs have had at least a short stint in SL after their rookie years, including DeJounte. Sochan didn’t play at all last year. If we can get our 2022 Three Musketeers out in Vegas, things could go very well in SL for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find. My guess is the team wants to get him reps since he missed the end of the season. They probably want him to focus on getting his shots up and work on shooting in a game situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn’t be that surprising. Mulitiple former FRPs have had at least a short stint in SL after their rookie years, including DeJounte. Sochan didn’t play at all last year. If we can get our 2022 Three Musketeers out in Vegas, things could go very well in SL for the Spurs.
    dejounte didnt have much of a role as a rookie and was a very late first rounder. like, i wouldnt be surprised at all to see Wesley or even Branham in summer league. the last time we were surprised by a summer league participant it was probably Kawhi after his rookie season, and he was clearly too good for it. was pulled after 2 games iirc

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Lakers 103, Sp*rs 92

Max Christie 23 pts
    Wemby 18/13/3 - fouls ut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must as well include D’Artagnan (Barlow) on that list. The rookie showed some glimpses of a modern day big man. Last years batch could be a real good year of drafting (an signing undrafted) for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was joking but also announcing what's gonna happen (as I already did last week in the wemby thread). NBA announced that Wemby would there for the "NBA con" event (if Timvp wants a selfie), but no way he's playing in the summer league. He could play till end of June in the french league POs and WC preparation with french NT starts end of July. He'll take July off.
    Yeah I guess I have less problem with the workload now because he's young, but I remember hating when Manu was constantly doing international stuff instead of recuperating. I don't even give a about my own country's basketball team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are any of the California Classic games gonna be televised?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are any of the California Classic games gonna be televised?
    Looks like from previous years it will be a combination of ESPN and NBATV.

NBA.com
    https://www.nba.com › kings › blog
    California Classic to Be Televised on NBA TV
    Jun 27, 2018 — NBA TV will feature games from both the California Classic and the Utah Summer League from July 2-5. Featuring No. 2 overall pick Marvin Bagley ...
    https://www.nba.com › kings › blog
    California Classic to Be Televised on ESPN

Aug 3, 2021 — California Classic to Be Televised on ESPN ... Beginning on Tuesday, August 2, ESPN will carry the 3rd

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    summer league invite

Thread Information