Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Sean Marks a "sidekick" of some famous player and went with him as a package deal?? I know someone will know without me trying to find it.
    Jack Haley and Dennis Rodman?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that case, don’t you need to discard Malaki? You can only develop so many players at once. Or do you make him play out of position at PG?
    Devin, Keldon, Malaki and Bilal can pair or rotate for the 2-3 spots.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ could get traded. DV could have injuries. 6’7” players are good to have in the pipeline. I’m intrigued by Bilal but don’t want to throw away too many assets to get him, either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't matter. You can play 4 wings in the rotation and Bilal will need some time until he breaks out.
    That, Branham is more guard than wing and Sochan is more half big/wing, so it's more like 2.5 wings.

Langford and Bates-Diop (half big/wing) will almost certainly not be retained, leaving only McDermott and presumably Champagnie as other options.

Given that and the projected top options available, if they retain the 33rd pick, there's probably a good chance it'll be a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/noceilingsnba/st...RJS8_UemWCmgcA

If this is true could be a pretty costly sidekick…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not surprising in the least. Someone was going to fall in love with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I've heard there are rumors" from some no name guy with 5K followers on Twitter... Expect a lot of that stuff in the coming weeks, sometimes from agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard this on one of the Spurs podcasts as a possibility. we need to do whatever will make Wemby stay in SA.

Dude looks like he can definitely play. Stock will definitely rise if he can show he has a pretty good left hand as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack Haley and Dennis Rodman?
    Worst handler ever.
    Haley also looked like a pink Shrek.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s probably the Raptors or Thunder imo. Seems like a Masai type of pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I've heard there are rumors" from some no name guy with 5K followers on Twitter... Expect a lot of that stuff in the coming weeks, sometimes from agents.
    It was a quote from Jonathan Wasserman who’s one of the main draft guys for BleacherReport. Not saying his word is gospel but he has a decent amount of credibility in NBA draft circles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is getting Jalen Williams vibes to me. Started out as a "we should get him at 25" then went to "he's a target at 20" to "maybe we can move up to get him at 13" to pick picked #12. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna happen for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon just came out with new mock has him going 25 to the Grizzlies- I don’t see the Jalen Williams comparison as he was balling in college and he killed it the NBA combine scrimmages. To me to many unknowns on him so high 25 sounds right to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bilal's stock is definitely on the up, just like Anthony Black. It's going to be difficult to target them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also such a cool name !
    Is he a muslim ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon just came out with new mock has him going 25 to the Grizzlies- I don’t see the Jalen Williams comparison as he was balling in college and he killed it the NBA combine scrimmages. To me to many unknowns on him so high 25 sounds right to me.
    If he’s in the 25 range, I think it’s wise to target him and make Victor happy. There’s an interview where Victor really built-up this kid calling him a very important player of their team. I like him but how much would you give l for him? Is he more priority than getting a defensive true PG?
    Last edited by John B; 06-02-2023 at 06:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably got a promise in the late lottery, I'd expect Orlando at 11 or Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Bilal eligible or not?
    International players born in 2001 are automatically eligible (like college seniors). International players born in 2002, 2003 and 2004 must apply to be in the draft.

Bilal Coulibaly (born in 2004) has applied to enter in this draft and has until June 12th to withdraw his name.

You can find the whole list of early entrants here:
    https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2...try-candidates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s probably the Raptors or Thunder imo. Seems like a Masai type of pick.
    Or Presti indeed, and if true, makes it tricky to trade up there. Now I'm sure spurs have a perfect appreciation of Bilal and would know if that's worth doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure but it's possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this kid goes in the lottery, it will be a massive reach. Yes he’s a good athlete and is only 18, but nothing he has shown yet warrants being a lottery pick. There are better significantly players to be had in the top-20 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this kid goes in the lottery, it will be a massive reach. Yes he’s a good athlete and is only 18, but nothing he has shown yet warrants being a lottery pick. There are better significantly players to be had in the top-20 imo.
    Totally agree, but pure athleticism and potential rule the day in the NBA draft. I'm not sure why the Thompsons are as high as they are.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Which teams might draft him in hopes of attracting Wemby in a few years?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the draft has lots of potential busts and then lots of role players in the lottery as well. I see him rising because to me there is a general lack of certainty with lots of these players. I mean, even with "sleepers" like Jaime Jaquez Jr. who is the "steal of the second round", he'll probably get drafted in the low 20s. Thank god we have Wemby. I can't get too worried about the draft now. I'm excited to see who falls to 33, but trading up in this draft, more and more to me, seems like a bad idea and would take a massive overpay. For example, trading Keldon and another FRP to draft Anthony Black? I really like Anthony Black, but not at that price. No way. I would have loved to get Bilal Coulibaly at 33, but there's no way that happens now. Now that we have Wemby, we don't need to make big gambles; we need to make smart choices, to be honest. I'm not opposed to trading Keldon and even two FRPs, but it needs to be for a second star, not a question mark. Just my thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which teams might draft him in hopes of attracting Wemby in a few years?
    No one. Victor is not a child.

Thread Information