Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you, Body...two first rounders and McNuggets gets this done. , throw Graham in there and take back MAGA Isaac's ty contract and buy him out if needed....

Bufkin is a Manu/TP hybrid and belongs in San Antonio tbh
    I don't think Orlando would mind having Dougie. I don't see him as a selling point. His value to the Spurs is probably higher than what they can get for him, and I feel like he'll be following his dad into coaching.

What picks do I think Orlando would want to give up on the #11? The package would have to be enough to fend off other suitors who might have younger active players to trade. Orlando controls all their picks going forward. They get an extra lightly protected Denver FRP in 2025 and a poo-poo platter of SRPs over the years. Some extra draft oomph might be attractive if their guy isn't there at #11 this year.

Tbh, I think Orlando is putting together a good team. Their drafts have been good lately.

Basis of a trade offer, to me, would be something like CHA24 and then a later pick, probably one of the non-ATL ones in 2025. I think they'll want the TOR24 pick instead. What pick in 2025? At that point, the SAS might be okay with trading their own picks, but will want to put light protections on them.

Does TOR24 and CHI25 do it? I feel like they'd push for another pick. Plump with SRPs, they probably won't be swayed there. Would the Spurs put in a lottery protected SAS27, knowing they're likely in the playoffs at that point and they get the ATL27 anyway?

There's a balance there somewhere. There's a limit to what they should do.

To me, I'd do TOR24 (preferably CHA24) and CHI25 (preferably protected SAS25). I find a third pick a bit too rich, but probably necessary. At that point, I don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're looking at this way too narrowly by just trading picks for picks. If they really want to move into the first round, I'm sure they could offer some combination of 33 and 44 and taking on some bad contracts. There should be plenty of teams looking to either clear out current cap to get better immediately or trying to get ahead of the dreaded second tier penalties: Golden State, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and the Lakers all have picks somewhere from 10 to 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you’re Sam Presti with a hard on, you do not trade 3 FRPs for a pick outside of the top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're looking at this way too narrowly by just trading picks for picks. If they really want to move into the first round, I'm sure they could offer some combination of 33 and 44 and taking on some bad contracts. There should be plenty of teams looking to either clear out current cap to get better immediately or trying to get ahead of the dreaded second tier penalties: Golden State, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and the Lakers all have picks somewhere from 10 to 19.
    My first post in this thread mentioned taking on salary. Orlando wouldn't need that - they're in good shape.

In general teams don't dump picks for salary. They don't like giving up the chance at a productive player, who is going to be on a cheap rookie contract, for salary room. Last year was very unusual in the Knicks and Charlotte both working to do so. If anything, they might want to trade future draft assets after the current draft is done.

I have identified GSW as a team that might want to trade out of this year. A package with Dallas might be attractive, but they really don't have to dump salary, and they need at least one young player out of this draft, which we cannot provide - the 33 wouldn't do it, not all the way to 10.

Atlanta is a cypher to me. They have some gross contracts, but they are very long and I don't see taking them on just to move up. I don't even know what kind of player they need in this draft; but think they'll hold off on making cap moves until post-draft.

Miami, you have the same thing, where some contracts are so gargantuan that absorbing them to move for one draft pick doesn't make sense. I also see them waiting until after the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you’re Sam Presti with a hard on, you do not trade 3 FRPs for a pick outside of the top 10.
    You do if your player is there.

Say, if Anthony Black tumbles out of the top 10 for some reason, I pounce. Not only do I get who I regard (personally) as a top 5 player in this draft, I'm getting him on a #11 salary. I don't care where I get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate the breakdown Mr. Body

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just on a side note on Black shooting:

32% on jump shoots
    21% on unguarded catch and shoots
    51% on layups
    31% off the dribble
    25% shoots going Left as he is Right hand dominate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black will be really fine player in the NBA imo.

I don’t think the Spurs are in the Durant joining the Warriors in 2016 envious territory around the league, but I believe in that regard that they are just a step below as there is no love lost with the Spurs around the league again. Maybe they are owners around the league who are telling their GM’s to not do business with Spurs because how Holt celebrated by banging the table and yelling when we got the first pick tbh .

On that note, I don’t think teams will be helping the Spurs one bit unless they overpay imo. It might be a pick your poison risk that teams might have to take. The Spurs might have a really good problem like OKC in a few years with having possibly too many talented young picks and just throwing a team together but not having enough roster spaces - or they just hit on numerous random picks on rookie contracts, they get at least two lottery picks from Atlanta & Boston in 2028 while the Spurs are contenders now. Then the Spurs are just unstoppable for at least an entire decade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black will be really fine player in the NBA imo.

I don’t think the Spurs are in the Durant joining the Warriors in 2016 envious territory around the league, but I believe in that regard that they are just a step below as there is no love lost with the Spurs around the league again. Maybe they are owners around the league who are telling their GM’s to not do business with Spurs because how Holt celebrated by banging the table and yelling when we got the first pick tbh .

On that note, I don’t think teams will be helping the Spurs one bit unless they overpay imo. It might be a pick your poison risk that teams might have to take. The Spurs might have a really good problem like OKC in a few years with having possibly too many talented young picks and just throwing a team together but not having enough roster spaces - or they just hit on numerous random picks on rookie contracts, they get at least two lottery picks from Atlanta & Boston in 2028 while the Spurs are contenders now. Then the Spurs are just unstoppable for at least an entire decade.
    No one cares that Holt banged the table. His celebration was rather subdued given the stakes. Teams will trade with the Spurs if they perceive the trade to be in their own best interest. Every GM goes into every trade trying to make the other guy “overpay”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it, that Charlotte and Chicago pick should be shopped around. Keep our own, hawks, and Raptors pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one cares that Holt banged the table. His celebration was rather subdued given the stakes. Teams will trade with the Spurs if they perceive the trade to be in their own best interest. Every GM goes into every trade trying to make the other guy “overpay”.
    No one expects owners to be anything but idiot bags, especially the kids of owners. The impression of a stunned Brian Wright in the drawing itself is more charming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one expects owners to be anything but idiot bags, especially the kids of owners. The impression of a stunned Brian Wright in the drawing itself is more charming.
    Holt the younger is now the managing partner of the Spurs. The parents are out of the picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holt the younger is now the managing partner of the Spurs. The parents are out of the picture.
    Did he stop being the child of his father?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he stop being the child of his father?
    No, but contractually they have no executive power. Jr. only gives as much power as he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but contractually they have no executive power. Jr. only gives as much power as he wants.
    Has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were talking about the younger Holt being 'the kid of the owner'. He's not. His parents no longer own shares, so he's not the kid of an owner. He's the managing partner (largest share owner), and the parents are out of the ownership group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were talking about the younger Holt being 'the kid of the owner'. He's not. His parents no longer own shares, so he's not the kid of an owner. He's the managing partner (largest share owner), and the parents are out of the ownership group.
    I was talking about how he can't handle himself in public because he's the scion of rich s. Don't give a about who he is now, he's still been raised to be an asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m with Chinook here…I think consolidation of picks makes a lot of sense and I’m ok over paying some if it’s a guy SA likes. That’s benefit of having extra picks; you can overpay and still be ok if you love someone.

There seems to be teams willing to deal picks this year on the surface; so if SA wants, even if costs are high, there should be opportunities.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do whatever you have to to get Bilal and Anthony Black to join Wemby in this draft. Next years draft not as strong so we don’t need two frps next year.

wemby
    sochan
    bilal
    black
    Vassel

That is a young core that could lead to another dynasty.

add in the Atlanta picks and Boston swap for three other stars.

all other picks and Keldon are at your disposal to make this happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA could swap Keldon for Whitmore or Black I’d seriously consider that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to realize the Hornets pick isn't worth much given its protections and that the Hornets are such a clown show FO its far promised it will ever convey into a first round pick. Of course that's the reason people are so willing to sell it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do whatever you have to to get Bilal and Anthony Black to join Wemby in this draft. Next years draft not as strong so we don’t need two frps next year.

wemby
    sochan
    bilal
    black
    Vassel

We have no idea how good the draft is next year. It may not look great at top but it could turn out like last year where a lot of lottery picks have hit already and there's promise even afterwards.

But yes the perception is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wemby
    sochan
    bilal
    black
    Vassel

There is no generational prospect, but that doesn't mean it can't be a good to great draft. No one saw Anthony Black or Taylor Hendricks a year ago, and they're both concencus top 10 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are actually plenty of guards who can shoot off the dribble in the 2024 draft, it‘s just that none of those prospects stand out. That should change next year. But still this seems like the strongest draft class in years, so I want the Spurs to grab another player in the first round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I thought you had something more interesting to say than all rich people are s.

Thread Information