My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OVqO4ba37o

Unfortunately with running commentary but it's a pretty high quality stream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His handles are absolutely obscene.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the actual ?!?!?!

My brain is having difficulty comprehending Wemby in real time.
    Can't wait to get down to SA and see him live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the actual ?!?!?!

My brain is having difficulty comprehending Wemby in real time.
    Can't wait to get down to SA and see him live.
    There's not a single player close to 7' outside of Giannis who can handle Wemby on the wing. It's just impossible. He's going to cause all kinds of havoc with defenses from the FT line extended and beyond trying to contain him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No A/C in the building... the REFS were sweating before the game started. Wild.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker's suite is air conditioned though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The commentators were just chuckling in disbelief on the level of his skills for such a big man. It's so fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The commentators were just chuckling in disbelief on the level of his skills for such a big man. It's so fun to watch.
    Forget the announcers, it's hard to believe with my own eyes some of the things this guy can do.

He might be a bit overhyped by some measures, but he has:

Legit 7'4" size, and plays like it

handles LIKE A GUARD. Not like a guard for a big. Straight up guard level handles. That's incredible considering how long his dribbles generally have to be to return to his hand.

Smooth, measured jump shot. And no one is blocking it.

Capability to hit everywhere inside of 27 feet.

Good if not excellent post moves.

Great defensive awareness -- I simply cannot fathom his defensive potential with Duncan and DRob coaching him

Is he the next LeBron level player? No idea. But the potential for this guy is to be a top 10 player of all time and that's not something you get to say more than once a generation of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs vs. Heat, NBA Finals 2014.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget the announcers, it's hard to believe with my own eyes some of the things this guy can do.

He might be a bit overhyped by some measures, but he has:

Legit 7'4" size, and plays like it

handles LIKE A GUARD. Not like a guard for a big. Straight up guard level handles. That's incredible considering how long his dribbles generally have to be to return to his hand.

Smooth, measured jump shot. And no one is blocking it.

Capability to hit everywhere inside of 27 feet.

Good if not excellent post moves.

Great defensive awareness -- I simply cannot fathom his defensive potential with Duncan and DRob coaching him

Is he the next LeBron level player? No idea. But the potential for this guy is to be a top 10 player of all time and that's not something you get to say more than once a generation of players.
    I agree -- I couldn't believe it myself. The defensive blocks in the post AND at the 3-point line. On offense, he was on the block and did a baseline spin. Any normal human being would make it an 8-foot fadeaway -- Wemby extends his arm to the rim and makes it a layup. It's like he's Dhalsim from Street Fighter II. He just extends his arms and is instantly two feet closer to the rim than you'd expect him to be. He's also hitting mid-range jumpers and dribbling like a guard.

I have no idea how elite he'll be, but I know he's going to be so fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs vs. Heat, NBA Finals 2014.
    TP using a trick from the ol Spurs playbook

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree -- I couldn't believe it myself. The defensive blocks in the post AND at the 3-point line. On offense, he was on the block and did a baseline spin. Any normal human being would make it an 8-foot fadeaway -- Wemby extends his arm to the rim and makes it a layup. It's like he's Dhalsim from Street Fighter II. He just extends his arms and is instantly two feet closer to the rim than you'd expect him to be. He's also hitting mid-range jumpers and dribbling like a guard.

I have no idea how elite he'll be, but I know he's going to be so fun to watch.
    Jokic is so good at dictating the game by taking what the defense gives. Wemby will be watching that film.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they win? Ready for him to stop playing lol. No injuries please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they win? Ready for him to stop playing lol. No injuries please
    nope. close first half where wemby played very well. got blown the out in the second half. series now at 2-1.

wemby did start to look a little lifeless/gassed by the 4th (the AC wasnt working in the building), but honestly the team was dysfunctional. most of the time they werent even looking to get wemby involved on offense, and even when they did, the execution was terrible and basic entry passes were thrown away.

its very clear that at least offensively, wemby will benefit from the change of pace to the NBA. he might have some tougher individual defenders to fend with, but the game will suit him so much better

game 4 is on sunday
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-02-2023 at 07:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His team ing sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go to 16:11 on that video to see your future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the schedule to be released so I can make a plan my work trips around his road games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the schedule to be released so I can make a plan my work trips around his road games
    Spurs ticket sales must be jamming up already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ticket sales must be jamming up already.
    If I still lived in SA, I'd definitely have gotten season tickets (would probably already have them tbh). But I'll have to make due with seeing him every time possible on the west coast.

Thread Information