Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. While we are at it, we should sign Draymond too and play a lineup of Tre, Black, Sochan, Draymond and Wemby. All high IQ players, with great defense, playmaking and finishing. I'm sure it would work just fine.
    if wemby is the point guard here, where do Tre and black play, tbh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the Playoffs Wemby had around 80+ assists and 120+ turnovers sure you can make him a PG just would not be a good one. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if wemby is the point guard here, where do Tre and black play, tbh?
    Center of course!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go yourself. It’s pertinent to the discussion. I didn’t randomly inject politics.
    Your stupid bull has nothing to do with the discussion.

Then you should learn the difference between them and opinions.

Plonk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was she said
    Jolie référence

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have the same fears you do. I don’t view him as an offensive liability. Black would work for this roster the same way Giddey would.
    Giddey plays the 4 for OKC mostly, Giddey size and strength is being underrated. Him being able to play up is how he is working. Black is closer to Dyson who may not score enough to stick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey plays the 4 for OKC mostly, Giddey size and strength is being underrated. Him being able to play up is how he is working. Black is closer to Dyson who may not score enough to stick.
    You people, and your quaint and antiquated insistence on matching height to position.

Josh Giddey is OKC’s PG. End of story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people, and your quaint and antiquated insistence on matching height to position.

Who is the closest player to play 4 in OKC starting lineup then.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your stupid bull has nothing to do with the discussion.

Then you should learn the difference between them and opinions.

Plonk.
    I'm not going to fear adding relevant and pertinent information to the discussion because you want to be a little about it. I notice you have no counter argument or point of your own. I don't appreciate political BS here in the main but if its relevant then its relevant. Gun culture is the problem. Its the very reason the gun exchanged hands and the very reason he had no accountability. Good luck with your thoughts and prayers.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Today's NBA is as positionless as ever. But I completely agree that Giddey runs the point. Regardless of where he matches up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the closest player to play 4 in OKC starting lineup then.
    The problem with ex’s statement is he views positions as entirely the player’s role on offense. The problem with yours is that you only view positions only on defense. This is the whole black and white perspective on the world again, especially for ex. Giddey runs the offense like a point guard and is the player most capable of defending fours in OKC’s line-ups.

Rankingtear is correct in that Black doesn’t have that type of versatility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm just happy as fudge that we're not having a discussion about black being our one and only 1st rounder, as in if we had dropped to 7th in the lottery.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm just happy as fudge that we're not having a discussion about black being our one and only 1st rounder, as in if we had dropped to 7th in the lottery.
    My worst case scenario was them getting #4 or #5 and taking one of the scrub league twins padding their resumes against 16 year-olds.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with ex’s statement is he views positions as entirely the player’s role on offense. The problem with yours is that you only view positions only on defense. This is the whole black and white perspective on the world again, especially for ex. Giddey runs the offense like a point guard and is the player most capable of defending fours in OKC’s line-ups.

Rankingtear is correct in that Black doesn’t have that type of versatility
    He probably the most frontcourt player on offense too among non center. The only "guard" who ranked top 30 off cuts. He initiates with his back to the basket like a PF. He leads the team in OREB. The only 3 players who post up beside SGA and another one. Probably runs all the actions reserved for a passing big man. Third most tip ins among "guards". Drive into a post up like Sochan, Scottie and other PF initiator.

If you had to pick a Power Forward in that position less thunder team it would be Giddey. Who does more 4 stuff on offense other than him?
    Last edited by rankingtear; 06-07-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't assume Giddey works on offense when the numbers say otherwise. The whole justification for Black is that Giddey works. He does not. Negative on/off on offense tops among the rotation players and the worst SGA two man lineup among top 6 in minutes. They actually won all 6 games he was out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't assume Giddey works on offense when the numbers say otherwise. The whole justification for Black is that Giddey works. He does not. Negative on/off on offense tops among the rotation players and the worst SGA two man lineup among top 6 in minutes. They actually won all 6 games he was out.
    Giddey's problem is defense. With Chet it'll get better, but he's still not great. Black is much better there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey's problem is defense. With Chet it'll get better, but he's still not great. Black is much better there.
    Apparently on offense too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently on offense too.
    No, I'd say Giddey is a much better facilitator at this point. He reads defenses and moves them around much better, but then he was a pro before he was even drafted. I think his mid-game is also much better.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My worst case scenario was them getting #4 or #5 and taking one of the scrub league twins padding their resumes against 16 year-olds.
    This draft felt so deep, until you start drilling down to the potential weaknesses of the players. I was at the point where I thought the Spurs needed the first pick or the sixth or seventh, because you could get someone solid rather than having to swing for a boom/bust guy. I'm excited for Wemby, but I'm equally relieved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder are largely amorphous from 1-4 . . .

- Gilgeous-Alexander is their primary initiator and generally defends PG's, so I'd classify him as their nominal one.
    - Giddey is their secondary initiator and primarily defends the four, so I'd classify him as a point forward.
    - (Jalen) Williams is a tertiary initiator/3 and D type, who primarily defends wings.
    - Dort is a 3ish and D type, who defends 1-4.

Interestingly they don't appear to think they need a starting caliber C to limit the amount of wear and tear on Holmgren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder are largely amorphous from 1-4 . . .

- Gilgeous-Alexander is their primary initiator and generally defends PG's, so I'd classify him as their nominal one.
    - Giddey is their secondary initiator and primarily defends the four, so I'd classify him as a point forward.
    - (Jalen) Williams is a tertiary initiator/3 and D type, who primarily defends wings.
    - Dort is a 3ish and D type, who defends 1-4.

Interestingly they don't appear to think they need a starting caliber C to limit the amount of wear and tear on Holmgren.
    think dereck lively would be an awesome fit for them. would be a bit of an early spot for him though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obv Kareem was 7’3 and played til he was 41. That’s the dream scenario for Wemby, who has a similar build. But that’s extremely rare for a player that size.
    Wemby needs to become a yoga nut like Kareem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t be mad if we drafted Bufkin as opposed to Wallace also. The guy from Santa Clara could be a good pick up in the lower first/ high second round also.

I honestly don’t think we are going to trade back into the 1st round of this draft, but I kinda like the speculation of us doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to fear adding relevant and pertinent information to the discussion because you want to be a little about it. I notice you have no counter argument or point of your own. I don't appreciate political BS here in the main but if its relevant then its relevant. Gun culture is the problem. Its the very reason the gun exchanged hands and the very reason he had no accountability. Good luck with your thoughts and prayers.
    I could’ve sworn the gun was his friends gun and he left it in the car. Miller went to go pick up the guy and the dude said don’t forget his weapon because he left it in the car by mistake.

I think a decent portion of folks commenting on this are making up false narratives about the situation. Either way it’s a bad look for Miller, but it wasn’t like a lot of folks are painting it to be.

Thread Information