Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mostly on the far north/northwest side of town where new communities are being built by the minute, especially around the Braun/1604 area heading west around the loop. The state has done a lot of work on it though of late.

Getting around town even during rush hour really is not that bad at all compared to the other big Texas cities. Bonus: no toll roads.
    The 1604 stretch between 35 and 10 is the challenge right now. That expansion is going to take years to see any benefits.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mostly on the far north/northwest side of town where new communities are being built by the minute, especially around the Braun/1604 area heading west around the loop. The state has done a lot of work on it though of late.

Getting around town even during rush hour really is not that bad at all compared to the other big Texas cities. Bonus: no toll roads.
    Yeah I'm not a huge fan of SA life overall but I have to say that all things considered it is the best big city in Texas to live. Texas just doesn't have much to offer in terms of fun and the climate is atrocious and the land is flat and insipid. But SA has objectively the best Mexican food in Texas and arguably in the USA. Great food overall too, good burger joints, Chinese joints, and other quality international food considering it is Military City USA. No toll roads. Cheaper cost of living than Houston, Austin, or DFW. Cheaper home prices. Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Sea world is ok. But access to 2 theme parks fifteen minutes apart from each other. The Alamo and cultural history. The riverwalk is ok but best in the wintertime. Classic architecture. Crime, sure, but less than the other three major metros. Shorter drive times as you've mentioned. It's less humid than Houston by far and much less severe weather risk than DFW. CPS is garbage, but then again so is all of ERCOT territory. Jobs that pay the same as DFW jobs but your purchasing power is greater because housing is much cheaper here than DFW or Houston. We have H-E-B, and most of DFW doesn't. And the Spurs are the most winning sports franchise in Texas and will continue to be with Wemby's arrival.

I'd rank Denton as the best individual city in Texas to live in (low crime, cooler autumn, low cost of housing if you're not across the street from the colleges), but not sure if there's that much fun appeal there past like your 20s. There's certainly more trees there than anywhere else in Texas though. SA is the best big city.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Austin has the 2nd most Skyscrapers in Texas behind Houston. They will be #1 by 2026 with the shear number of skyscrapers scheduled to be constructed.

Crazy................

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's actually illegal for them to be in the left lane from like Ben White to Georgetown. At least it was.

They should really incentivize thru truckers to use 130. , make it free for them.
    agreed..

also

cut down the speed limit for truckers, as they are ty drivers already and push the posted speeds already…

allowing them to drive 85 on I-30 would turn into a death road in no time

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    agreed..

also

cut down the speed limit for truckers, as they are ty drivers already and push the posted speeds already…

allowing them to drive 85 on I-30 would turn into a death road in no time
    I agree with all this. Also, yeah making 130 free for thru truckers with a 65 MPH speed limit strictly enforced would be a good thing. Save them gas on high speeds or idling, and give them a way out of the general public Austin traffic.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree with all this. Also, yeah making 130 free for thru truckers with a 65 MPH speed limit strictly enforced would be a good thing. Save them gas on high speeds or idling, and give them a way out of the general public Austin traffic.
    although rick perry when he sold us out to china did not give a about any issues with our roads…

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sadly the toll roads are no good anymore because they built a bunch of neighborhoods next to them so even though the speed limit is 80 you end up going 45.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sadly the toll roads are no good anymore because they built a bunch of neighborhoods next to them so even though the speed limit is 80 you end up going 45.
    also we did that tollway one time in 2015 and it was like $13.70 just to get from roughly San Marcos / Kyle area to Georgetown. Stupid expensive.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    although rick perry when he sold us out to china did not give a about any issues with our roads…
    Spanish company in most of Texas. NTTA specifically is Chinese. I tell people in DFW all the time to never use the NTTA tollroads no matter what.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    also we did that tollway one time in 2015 and it was like $13.70 just to get from roughly San Marcos / Kyle area to Georgetown. Stupid expensive.
    And no one used it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They are adding lanes to SH 130 from SH 71 to south of Pville.
    They do not add lanes unless people are using the road

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    we did that because the sign going northbound said 95 minutes to georgetown via I-35 and only like an hour via the toll road. Still would prefer that $13.70 and sacrifice a half hour.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    They are adding lanes to SH 130 from SH 71 to south of Pville.
    They do not add lanes unless people are using the road
    Adding lanes to a toll road... yeesch

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Have you ever been to austin? Mark Celibate

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I've been to every major city tbh imho that's when I realized how sh!tty Dallas was...trolling aside, outside of Detroit/Cleveland (business trips obviously rofl)...I've always felt like wherever I went was better than the Big D - Dallas TX. So much so, that I would get depressed everytime I boarded the plane to go back. Atlanta was very similar to the Big D minus the bag culture. I don't even know where it comes from, the Big D has the baggery of LA/Miami with none of the benefits. That's honestly how I'd describe Dallas...all the negatives of the warmer climate cities wrapped into one area, with none of the positives
    Have you ever been to Austin?

Austin seems like it is just a worse Dallas. People go for the jobs, but it's always under construction, people are bags, California culture, exorbitant real esate prices, basically the same climate as SA very hot and humid (and no winter compared to DFW), nowhere to park (Dallas is at least fairly spread out), no real redeeming qualities of Austin compared to SA really.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Austin in the 80s was heaven

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Austin in the 80s was heaven
    Only been here since 95, and if you stay away from downtown it is still mostly tolerable. It's still hard to believe how much it has changed just since I have been here. I miss Sound Exchange the most probably. Really sucks Waze has added traffic to my neighborhood shortcuts tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    When I drove by Austin a couple of months back, I though I was on the outskirts of Dubai with all them dayum skyscrapers and cranes.

Thread Information