My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in Dallas. Im shocked!!!! No way!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol there is literally no scenario in any timeline where that happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy did Dallas f up by trading for that chronic team-destroyer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything is possible in a flat earth.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron leaves the Lakers he should just retire. No one wants to see him team hopping to end his career on a whimper like Shaq did. Plus Doncic is already a better version of LeBron these days, the fit wouldn't make much sense even if there was any way possible for it to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoffs 2023 in 16 games total.

25 / 10 / 6 on 54% efg with good D and you guys are hating on Lebon.

He is no where near out of shape hobbled Shaq at the end.

Still top 10 player easily.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron leaves the Lakers he should just retire. No one wants to see him team hopping to end his career on a whimper like Shaq did. Plus Doncic is already a better version of LeBron these days, the fit wouldn't make much sense even if there was any way possible for it to happen.
    He can come off the bench behind Doncic and be that super sub. He can play for the MLE or like 15m/year or so. That number "6" symbolizing potential greatest sixth man of all time and all.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Lebron might go out like Mike, just playing until the wheels fall off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron might go out like Mike, just playing until the wheels fall off.
    I don't think that's a good comparison. He made his last field goal attempt over Bryon Russell and won the championship as the wheels were falling off and then retired (second time). The 2 years with the Wizards was literally just for fun and exhibition. Because he couldn't get enough of basketball. It's not like they were trying to make the playoffs and win tons of games. His best teammate was Larry ing Hughes. A bunch of washed-up castoffs that were never any good in the NBA like Laettner and Courtney Alexander. The starting big men were Jahidi White and Kwame ing Brown (). He was player/GM but it's not like he was trying to build a dynasty. It was essentially glorified pick-up basketball to him.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Seriously, unless it's to go play somewhere with his son for one year I don't see him barely hanging on by jumping around between teams either. He wants to own a team and is obviously not one of those guys who will be bankrupt in a few years and actually needs those last few million dollar checks

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't think that's a good comparison. He made his last field goal attempt over Bryon Russell and won the championship as the wheels were falling off and then retired (second time). The 2 years with the Wizards was literally just for fun and exhibition. Because he couldn't get enough of basketball. It's not like they were trying to make the playoffs and win tons of games. His best teammate was Larry ing Hughes. A bunch of washed-up castoffs that were never any good in the NBA like Laettner and Courtney Alexander. The starting big men were Jahidi White and Kwame ing Brown (). He was player/GM but it's not like he was trying to build a dynasty. It was essentially glorified pick-up basketball to him.
    You can call 2 years fun and exhibition, but he was still playing in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can call 2 years fun and exhibition, but he was still playing in the NBA.
    Technically yes but it's not really comparable to say, Tom Brady in Tampa because he wasn't the same player after the 3 years off and in a cushy management / part owner job with the Bullets/Wizards. Most historians will agree with me. The serious MJ, the GOAT, his last set of plays was a score, a steal, and then The Step Back Shot in Game 6, then one last defensive stop and the 6th championship, with the 6th Finals MVP. That was the true end of the GOAT's career. The 2 years in 02 and 03 were a treat but he missed a lot of games, they weren't a winning team, and when he played he looked like a guy just out there having fun playing basketball, not a guy crazy-frickin' serious about winning like Chicago Mike. Whereas with Tom Brady, he didn't have retirement seasons in-between; he was always all about winning; he went to Tampa with a specific plan to win a championship, and he did it in the very first season, came fairly close the second time, and then the third time not so much as the Cowboys of all teams ended his career in the first round. ().

How many Finals MVPs out of their championships won has Stef Carry won by the way? Kobe? Only Lebron has won more Finals MVPs than anyone in the modern NBA era not named Jordan. How many did Magic win and not Kareem, FYI? Bird won three.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the knee injury with the Wizards Jordan was beginning to look like Chicago Bulls Jordan. The team defense went from bottom in the league to a top 10 defensive team and MJ was beginning to put in 30+ pt games and he was an efficient defender. It's been 20 years but I would have to go back and scour YouTube or something to show the back to back games where the man was still MJ. Just unfortunate he injured his knee with that wizards team.

Thread Information