Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is they couldn’t find a taker for the 44th pick and so were forced to draft a player. I bet Cissoko never suits up for the Spurs.
    My feeling is they calculated one of their tier of players would be there at 44 that would be there at 33 and so were okay waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He kinda reminds me of Marvin Williams who was a pretty solid role player in his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of his agents Jim Tanner also represents Sochan and was an agent for Timmy at one point.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)][COLOR=var(--color-text)]Jim Tanner[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--color-text-low-emphasis)]4 mies.[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)]

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)][COLOR=var(--color-text)]A huge congratulations to Tandem clients Jeremy Sochan (San Antonio Spurs) and Sidy Cissoko (G League Ignite) on being selected to play in the Rising Stars Game at NBA All-Star Weekend! They both have very bright futures ahead! [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    Oh that explains how they know each other. Prob as a good prospect as we were going to get at pick 44. Most mock drafts I saw had him going between 30-40 so I’m more than content with it. I just hope he develops and we actually see him in a Spurs uni at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it. Would have been fine with Cissoko at 33.

If Cissoko agreed to sign a two-way contract, that's a really good pick.
    Same. I hated that we traded 33 away, but going through the 2nd round, I can't say with any degree of confidence that he's clearly worse than Walsh, Rupert, Colby Jones, Amari Bailey, etc. Probably they figured no one in the 2nd round is better than Champagnie, Barlow or Wesley, so they didn't feel the need to take someone else that would have pushed a guy already on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know when Wright is gonna come do his presser?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The deciding factor? Probably that he seems like a good guy and speaks french. If nothing else he'll keep Wemby accompany.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland didn't block us, Rupert was there at 33.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice pick up. Also fits our playing style and has very advanced handles, court vision, pick & roll and passing skills, is ambidextrous, athletic, long wingspan. Pretty polished for his age. Him being foul prone should be fixable by coaching and gaining experience. Apparently he was a very good shooter as a kid, but has some issues with his shot since he had a growth spurt recently.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knee jerk quick take after watching a highlight tape

• holy terror in the open court
    • good finisher, though not with his left hand
    • has the strength to bully through defenders and absorb contact while getting to the rim
    • not a very willing passer, mainly dumpoffs (albeit some very nifty ones), this could be a consequence of it being merely a highlight tape
    • reluctant three point shooter (many of the threes in his highlights were at the shot block buzzer)
    • shot form looks decent
    • no read on defense, again probably because it's a highlight tape

I look forward to being corrected by those who know more than I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol you can't put a lucky shot on your highlight reel, cmon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.expressnews.com/sports/s...a-18106636.php

"Everyone growing up as a kid in France wanted to play for the Spurs," Cissoko said. "When you saw the great things Tony Parker did with (Manu) Ginobili and (Tim) Duncan and Gregg Popovich, you wanted to play for them. And I know Gregg Popovich is going to do a good job with him (Wembanyama), so I am not worried about Victor."
    With the Spurs, Wembanyama has a chance to be "one of the greatest players of all time," Cissoko said.
    "Wemby is an alien," Cissoko said. "You never see a player 7-4, 7-3 doing the stuff he does. He is special. God gave him good gifts, just an amazing player."
    Nice share. Hadn't seen that one. Makes me like him even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs selecting strictly Spurs fans now. Cool strategy lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what I know, this guy ended his season with a serious case of the yips on his shooting. Air balling wide open looks and stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big body for a G/F wing, good athleticism, very strong. Looks like a nice basket of tools. His adv. defensive stats are awful and he fouls all the ing time on both sides of the ball. He'll bowl people over. Also seems to be chippy in the Zach Collins vein, like try dirty stuff and get into it with opponents.

But there's a good amount of things to work with. Start developing him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kid is 19. get him in the program.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knee jerk quick take after watching a highlight tape

• holy terror in the open court
    • good finisher, though not with his left hand
    • has the strength to bully through defenders and absorb contact while getting to the rim
    • not a very willing passer, mainly dumpoffs (albeit some very nifty ones), this could be a consequence of it being merely a highlight tape
    • reluctant three point shooter (many of the threes in his highlights were at the shot block buzzer)
    • shot form looks decent
    • no read on defense, again probably because it's a highlight tape

I look forward to being corrected by those who know more than I do.
    not sure what you were watching but he can finish with his left hand and makes no-look kick out passes to shooters out of pick & rolls. He‘s more than a decent passer

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some interesting points around his shooting

https://atthehive.com/2023/05/04/chr...-sidy-cissoko/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko, Coulibaly and Rupert played together with the U18 french NT last summer and the one with the better stats was Cissoko:
    https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u...ce#tab=profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch about this guy, the more I like the pick at #44. Cidy could be that defensive PG the Spurs were looking for. Great move to trade that 33rd pick for more 2 SRP’s that they can use later, knowing they could get this guy at #44. Gutsy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko, Coulibaly and Rupert played together with the U18 french NT last summer and the one with the better stats was Cissoko:
    https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u...ce#tab=profile
    Nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    now
    Brian Wright on Cissoko: "In Europe, he played a lot on the ball as a big point guard, but over the course of the year (with G League Ignite), you saw him get comfortable playing without the ball and operating as a wing...We were ecstatic that he was there (at No. 44)."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthier/younger version of Romeo Langford but with less 3pt shooting ability?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure what you were watching but he can finish with his left hand and makes no-look kick out passes to shooters out of pick & rolls. He‘s more than a decent passer
    Hence my last sentence. I made my list off of 12 minutes of highlights, maybe that was a bad idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean, im fine with a Cissoko dart throw at 44. but doing nothing at 33 with some reasonable guys available like Rupert and Bailey is very wasteful. , take a swing at a guy like gg jackson. do somethin

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthier/younger version of Romeo Langford but with less 3pt shooting ability?
    Maybe better? Romeo and Sidy at their ages...without looking it up i think Sidy shot better. Romeo always had questions about his 3pt shot.

Thread Information