Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthier/younger version of Romeo Langford but with less 3pt shooting ability?
    Cissoko is way bigger than Langford. Langford was pretty much just a SG able to guard 1s and 2s. Cissoko is a wing who can probably guard 2-4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cissoko Kid, tbh.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something that stands out about Cissoko’s physical profile is the large hands. 9.25” long and 10” wide. Equal 5th largest off all players measured at the combine.

That should theoretically help with rebounding, ball handling, finishing around the rim. It’s one of the reasons he has a good handle for his size.

Rupert as a comparison has rather small/below average hands for someone his size at 8.5” long and 9.25” wide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something that stands out about Cissoko’s physical profile is the large hands. 9.25” long and 10” wide. Equal 5th largest off all players measured at the combine.

That should theoretically help with rebounding, ball handling, finishing around the rim. It’s one of the reasons he has a good handle for his size.

Rupert as a comparison has rather small/below average hands for someone his size at 8.5” long and 9.25” wide.
    Surprisingly Cissoko has been a terrible rebounder with the ignite. Hopefully that changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Rupert's agent told teams not to pick him because Portland promised a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very athletic, likes to take it to rim, nifty passes. Looks really good at 44!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Rupert's agent told teams not to pick him because Portland promised a contract.
    Yeah, I didn't realize how much control SRPs are getting over where they get picked. Feels like the league has to nip that in the bud -- first rounders are stuck with where they get drafted and we have second round picks issuing demands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp has him at #33

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, that makes me feel a lot better. At least know we know why he fell so far. Also explains why we didn't just pick him outright at 33.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy has a locomotive engine and imposing frame

that long reach length, he barely has to elevate on dunks just swings those long arms into the hoop

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any wing without 3 point’s shooting capability will not survive in the NBA. That’s a must skill for him to be excel at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He certainly has the desire*+skill to drive hard downhill to the rim, even if he runs over people or through multiple defenders. Some defenders just let him go when he has a full head of steam, but I bet this is why he picks up a lot of fouls.. But if this is all he has on offense for a highlight film, I'd say he is a one-trick pony. WTF. it can be fun to watch in transition.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shows heart and a reasonable amount of skill… let’s watch him develop. For the record I like him!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really happy to have Sidy to our team

I was disappointed, waiting for this 33 pick ( tough i think all the spurs targets were picked before) till 5 a.m here in Paris lol but the Cissoko pick is really ok

Imo we get a solid role player for the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just needed another french guy and he was the last available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He certainly has the desire*+skill to drive hard downhill to the rim, even if he runs over people or through multiple defenders. Some defenders just let him go when he has a full head of steam, but I bet this is why he picks up a lot of fouls.. But if this is all he has on offense for a highlight film, I'd say he is a one-trick pony. WTF. it can be fun to watch in transition.
    His finished product doesn't need to do a ton on offense, just make good decisions, which he's not there yet. He shows flashes in his vision and passing that suggests more.

Post Count
    SIDY CISSOKO-1M98 - 91KG - G LEAGUE IGNITE

Hop there, a little bit of chauvinism. I am, personally, very surprised that Cissoko does not appear in many top 20. Maybe average workouts? Interviews not up to par? He can defend several positions, it is his entry ticket on the floor. It will then be necessary to confirm the progress at the address.

What we wrote previously. And three French people in the top 30. Are we homers? Sidy is ranked 35th at ESPN, so the difference is slim. As for Bilal Coulibaly, the question of THE elite skill arises for Cissoko. And as for Bilal, the possible defensive switchability of Sidy will be his asset. Offensively, he knows how to do a lot of things, including handling the ball, but all that will be of little use if he is not able to shoot AND/OR defend at a very high level. You see him doing it more on defense, where he's both slick laterally and strong on the lower body, allowing him to stand up to speed AND power. Add to that real off-ball automatisms and you have the potential of a very good defender, including inside on five small balls. He showed his skills this season against players at the gates of the NBA, in the G-League, we saw him hold duels solidly at the low post. In catch and shoot singles, he has progressed over the year to finish beyond 35% in recent weeks, according to the count made by internet scout Adam Spinella. Promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The expectation should be low with any second round pick but I do remember watching this guy a few months back and he was becoming a rising sensation at that time. I think it was in the middle of the gleague season. He was nearly everywhere on the court making an impact. Smart heady plays. Main thing that stood out to me was how he would cut to the basket, he will probably be one if the better ones who can do that on the current skill. I said before that Wemby should be surrounded by players who can cut to the basket. Those are one of the types of players that will complement Wemby well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the reports are to be believed about Rupert signaling to teams not to draft him, then cool. But if the Spurs had a say in the matter and made the choice to draft Sidy instead, then I wonder about the direction of how they’re building the roster. Compared to Rupert, Sidy is more bulky and is stronger so perhaps the goal is to complement Wemby with players that can handle all the physicality on the court.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he reminds me of primo!

oh ,wait!

Post Count
    During the last European championship of the France u18 team, the best Frenchman was not RAYAN RUPERT, nor BILAL COULIBALY, nor another player but SIDY CISSOKO! (11.3 POINTS, 4.9 REBOUNDS, 3.1 ASSISTS AND 2.4 INTERCEPTIONS AVERAGE IN 22 MINUTES)

Post Count
    il me rappelle primo !

oh merde, attends !
    Nothing to do, it makes me (a little) think of Luguentz Dort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the reports are to be believed about Rupert signaling to teams not to draft him, then cool. But if the Spurs had a say in the matter and made the choice to draft Sidy instead, then I wonder about the direction of how they’re building the roster. Compared to Rupert, Sidy is more bulky and is stronger so perhaps the goal is to complement Wemby with players that can handle all the physicality on the court.
    I keep trying to make the point that Rupert is similar to Blake Wesley in terms of slot and fill. Maybe a bit taller, a bit longer, but guarding the same players. We'd be drafting Rupert into the same spot where Wesley already is. Rupert might be better defensively (maybe) but Wesley has more going as a facilitator right now.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Rupert and Wesley are not the same. Wesley is 6’3” barefoot and is a 1/2. Rupert is 6’6 barefoot and is a 2-3 wing. He also has a 8’10 standing reach which is bigger than most 3’s in the NBA.

If anything Rupert would have overlapped with Vassell/Branham/Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Rupert and Wesley are not the same. Wesley is 6’3” barefoot and is a 1/2. Rupert is 6’6 barefoot and is a 2-3 wing. He also has a 8’10 standing reach which is bigger than most 3’s in the NBA.

If anything Rupert would have overlapped with Vassell/Branham/Keldon.
    Maybe so. Wesley and Rupert are playing the same position, SG, who can only guard 1s or 2s. Rupert doesn't really have any plus offensive skills. Maybe I'm thinking wrong that they overlap, but it seems like they do on defense. Wesley is ahead of him on the other side of the court since he brings in PG skills.

Thread Information