Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I would have to agree with mystargt but I see we’re you coming from as far as minutes- My take though I see more of Blake as a PG and Sidy to me is a SG/SF two totally different body types. As far as minutes I don’t see it as an issue as Sidy definitely will be placed in G League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I would have to agree with mystargt but I see we’re you coming from as far as minutes- My take though I see more of Blake as a PG and Sidy to me is a SG/SF two totally different body types. As far as minutes I don’t see it as an issue as Sidy definitely will be placed in G League
    I'll put my comparison to Wesley aside. Doesn't make sense. But Cissoko is very different body-wise to Rupert. He's much bigger and stronger. Frankly, he has a much bigger basket of skills, now that I'm looking at him. Not only can he probably guard a wider range of players, his path to success on the other end seems wider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy has a much safer floor imo Rupert seems like ones of those intriguing international players that fizzles out. One has to wonder if given the opportunity Sidy will be able to show even more too because this past season he had to share the court with all g-league ignite guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that could put the value of this pick over the top might come down to whether Cissoko is willing to accept a 2-way contract. If he agrees to that then this is a really really nice pick.

Even if he insists on a full roster spot it's still not a bad pick. But the roster crunch will be tighter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that could put the value of this pick over the top might come down to whether Cissoko is willing to accept a 2-way contract. If he agrees to that then this is a really really nice pick.

Even if he insists on a full roster spot it's still not a bad pick. But the roster crunch will be tighter.
    I think Birch or Langford's spots are open?

After this year, the team will have a crazy amount of choices to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko, Coulibaly and Rupert played together with the U18 french NT last summer and the one with the better stats was Cissoko:
    https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u...ce#tab=profile
    I think there's a decent chance in a few years Cissoko ends up the best of the bunch. Or at least the best value, I feel much more comfortable with Cissoko at 44 than I'd feel mortgaging the future to trade up to 7 for Coulibaly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have some tough decisions, maybe guys will move onto other places but I see the roster shaping kinda like this

ZC/Bassey/Barlow
    Wemby/Sochan/Mamu
    KJ/Doug/Sidy
    Dev/Malaki/Julian
    Tre/Wesley/Graham

Thats a full 15 man roster as is, that means KBD, Langford, Birch, Dieng are gone.

Guys on the bubble are Barlow, Julian, Mamu, Graham, Bassey, but I think the spurs keep most if not all of them. Guess I could be wrong tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre/ Wesley/ Graham
    Vassell/ Branham/ Julian
    Sochan/ Keldon/ Sidy
    Wemby/ Doug/ Barlow
    Collins/ Mamu/ Bassey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham is pretty secure IMO. He's due 12mil this year and Spurs could easily cut him before the season after next with little guaranteed money. They're also paper thin at PG and need shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre/ Wesley/ Graham
    Vassell/ Branham/ Julian
    Sochan/ Keldon/ Sidy
    Wemby/ Doug/ Barlow
    Collins/ Mamu/ Bassey
    Switch Wesley/Graham and Mamu/Bassey around and you'll get what I think should be the opening day rotation. Though I do think they'll bring in a FA this summer that will be penciled in for rotation minutes right off the bat. Probably a big IMO.

But god help this FO if they decide to bring KBD and Dieng back to take up roster spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is they couldn’t find a taker for the 44th pick and so were forced to draft a player. I bet Cissoko never suits up for the Spurs.

Brian Wright speaks on Cissoko at 1:58: "we were ecstatic that he was there, he was someone we were considering if we'd stayed at 33, so to get him at 44 we thought that was great"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very athletic, likes to take it to rim, nifty passes. Looks really good at 44!
    1:08... and they say he can't shoot the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre/ Wesley/ Graham
    Vassell/ Branham/ Julian
    Sochan/ Keldon/ Sidy
    Wemby/ Doug/ Barlow
    Collins/ Mamu/ Bassey
    We STAAAAAACKED!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre/ Wesley/ Graham
    Vassell/ Branham/ Julian
    Sochan/ Keldon/ Sidy
    Wemby/ Doug/ Barlow
    Collins/ Mamu/ Bassey
    29-53

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brian Wright speaks on Cissoko at 1:58: "we were ecstatic that he was there, he was someone we were considering if we'd stayed at 33, so to get him at 44 we thought that was great"
    What else is he going to say? “Yeah, we wanted to sell the pick, but there were no takers.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre/ Wesley/ Graham
    Vassell/ Branham/ Julian
    Sochan/ Keldon/ Sidy
    Wemby/ Doug/ Barlow
    Collins/ Mamu/ Bassey
    We STAAAAAACKED!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a decent chance in a few years Cissoko ends up the best of the bunch. Or at least the best value, I feel much more comfortable with Cissoko at 44 than I'd feel mortgaging the future to trade up to 7 for Coulibaly.
    Yeah, Bilal at 7 might be a reach but in a vacuum give me Coulibaly over Cissoko everyday... He clearly has the biggest upside. Sidy is very raw and will never be more than end of bench, 3rd string guy at best, which is what most players picked in that area can hope for, the majority disappearing within the next 3 years. Bilal has elite role player/star potential, a Batum type of potential (but different players ofc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prolly I'm a bit biased but I like Cissoko more than Rupert due to the body frame - I don't have much idea about them prior to the draft.
    Seems Cissoko will be a good role player potential like a early years of Jimmy Butler type who's more focused on defensive end with a little bit of offense and can be thrown to opposing stars to defend them physically.
    Rupert on the hand seems like a Jonathon Simmons or a better Romeo Langford. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like maybe they're looking for this guy to grow a bit into a big wing. He just turned 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knee jerk quick take after watching a highlight tape

• holy terror in the open court
    • good finisher, though not with his left hand
    • has the strength to bully through defenders and absorb contact while getting to the rim
    • not a very willing passer, mainly dumpoffs (albeit some very nifty ones), this could be a consequence of it being merely a highlight tape
    • reluctant three point shooter (many of the threes in his highlights were at the shot block buzzer)
    • shot form looks decent
    • no read on defense, again probably because it's a highlight tape

I look forward to being corrected by those who know more than I do.
    I would quibble with the terminology "not a very willing passer". Cam Whitmore, at 0.7 assts/gm is not a willing passer. Sidy, at 3.1 assts/gm is a willing passer. You can pick over if his passes are at an advanced level, or basic, but he does pass the ball frequently and willingly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The "we would have taken him with this pick but we were happy to get him with the later pick" talk is always funny cause if they were that high on the player they would have taken him at 33

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "we would have taken him with this pick but we were happy to get him with the later pick" talk is always funny cause if they were that high on the player they would have taken him at 33
    “We were really high on the player, but not so high that we wanted to pay him guaranteed money, and not so high that we weren’t willing to risk losing him by passing on him at 33 in exchange for inferior picks years from now.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The expectation should be low with any second round pick but I do remember watching this guy a few months back and he was becoming a rising sensation at that time. I think it was in the middle of the gleague season. He was nearly everywhere on the court making an impact. Smart heady plays. Main thing that stood out to me was how he would cut to the basket, he will probably be one if the better ones who can do that on the current skill. I said before that Wemby should be surrounded by players who can cut to the basket. Those are one of the types of players that will complement Wemby well.
    That is a good take I remember watching some of the Warriors Playoff games and the games they won they had Steph who was hitting the 3 ball but they had some other players who were just attacking the rim relentlessly. That is one thing that both Blake and Branham need to work on is finishing through contact but something that Sidy does very well.

I really like that Sidy played PG as kid so he has decent handles with court vision which will really help him develop into SG/SF. He is a nice development piece who I think might have a future as a legitimate backup in a Playoff team which would be a home run for us. Man definitely going to have to see Summer League we going to probably see Wemby, Sochan, Blake, Branham, and Sidy playing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Birch or Langford's spots are open?

After this year, the team will have a crazy amount of choices to make.
    langford is a free agent, and i cant fathom them bringing him back.

birch is on a guaranteed contract, but i think there's potential for him to just be ruled out for the year and the team tries to get the disabled players exception which would be worth about 3.5 mil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What else is he going to say? “Yeah, we wanted to sell the pick, but there were no takers.”
    He could have said a lot of things without using the words "ecstatic" and "great" and mentioning #33. Like "he's an interesting player, [random description of his qualities and character] so we thought he was a good option for us at 44". Didn't need to go the extra mile. Wright is careful when he states something, but he doesn't come across to me as full of BS, he's careful with his wording but not deceiving. I believe what he said.

Thread Information