Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely understand the cir stances that led to it, but it remains bizarre to me that we gave this guy a two year guaranteed deal, meanwhile guys like Barlow, who flashed more sooner, have to practically wait for someone on the roster to die to get a real contract.

Don't see Sidy doing anything yet in the G-League that is any more impressive than what Dom or Bassey did in the G-League. Maybe this guy eventually develops into a deep bench player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy can at least dunk the ball without missing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy 5-6 from 3 today.

CCG @ AUS, 2024-03-17 (nba.com)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s awesome! Not sure what’s wrong with these scrubs, Spurs favored v Brooklyn and owing paybacks and place is dead AF!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are sleeping on Sidy tbh

Last edited by Dejounte; 03-17-2024 at 05:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are sleeping on Sidy tbh

Absolutely, he's 19!!! Ready for him to get some minutes with the main squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wish this kid the best but he is destined for ing some league. lmao that "buzzer beater" was a lost ball, recover, chuck it to the heavens and God answered once in 14.3%

kid sucks. sorry

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wish this kid the best but he is destined for ing some league. lmao that "buzzer beater" was a lost ball, recover, chuck it to the heavens and God answered once in 14.3%

kid sucks. sorry
    Go suck a tailpipe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely going to have to sustain and even raise that efficiency over longer than 5 games if he wants to sniff rotation minutes in SA. But it's good that he's starting to look more comfortable. Even if he only learns to shoot from the corner, that was enough to keep Bowen on the floor during the dynasty years.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely understand the cir stances that led to it, but it remains bizarre to me that we gave this guy a two year guaranteed deal, meanwhile guys like Barlow, who flashed more sooner, have to practically wait for someone on the roster to die to get a real contract.

Don't see Sidy doing anything yet in the G-League that is any more impressive than what Dom or Bassey did in the G-League. Maybe this guy eventually develops into a deep bench player.
    Good questions. To me, the contract, combined with Zollins extension and Devin's big contract, suggest not a team looking to tank but perhaps overconfident and understandably in a sort of manic phase after landing Victor. Then starting Jeremy at point guard. We'll never know exactly as they often seem to vacillate between brilliant and head scratching moronic. So hard to say their actual intentions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped getting excited about G League players after we has a guy who pretty much scored over 20+ pts a game to go with over 10 rebounds and he got called up for only a couple of games and eventually was let go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved Sidy pre draft because of his innate passing skills and anticipation, NBA body and willingness to get after it on defense. If he can get anything close to a passable jumper, he could really be something. But folks need to be patient because he is really, really raw. He would have been a much better point guard experiment than Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big kid
    Young and strong
    Enticing skill set
    Needs to shoot better
    And not get fat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably won't play but was called back to SA.

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped getting excited about G League players after we has a guy who pretty much scored over 20+ pts a game to go with over 10 rebounds and he got called up for only a couple of games and eventually was let go.
    At this point with the state of the G-League, it's more of a red flag if you can't produce down there rather than a green flag if you are putting up big numbers. The NBA needs to get its act together with the developmental stuff; disbanding Ignite was a good start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he played in France, but wasn't Sidy in G-League Ignite also ? That might explain a lot of his short comings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he gets some minutes down the stretch. I'd like to see how much he's improved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe they just needed help building the new stadium

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As others have said, due to unfortunate cir stances, let's see what he can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't like the pick and I don't see Sidy ever developing his jumper to an acceptable level. With that said, I would take advantage of Vassell and Sochan's injuries to give him real NBA minutes from here to the end of the season. Let's see if he can show us something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gray is also intriguing as a 6-9 PF with a floor game.

If I were the Spurs, I'd start Graham and Cissoko and leave the bench mostly intact. Then run Wesley, Branham, Osman, Gray, Collins as the second unit. If Gray sucks, bring in Bouyea and so forth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If I were the Spurs, I'd start Graham and Cissoko and leave the bench mostly intact. Then run Wesley, Branham, Osman, Gray, Collins as the second unit. If Gray sucks, bring in Bouyea and so forth.
    Nah, I think starting Branham and giving him basically the Vassell role is a nice oportunity to see if he's anything more than a fringe rotation player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we all know branham will just step in at SG. he's also done so at PG and SF. he's a pet

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I think starting Branham and giving him basically the Vassell role is a nice oportunity to see if he's anything more than a fringe rotation player.
    we already know what branham does.Hes very inconsitent at shooting.Dont play defence.Cant make play for others.Doesnt really have basketball iq.
    Rather others get a chance like duke jr or cissoko.

Thread Information