Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams lining up to sign a guy who livestreams his tweaking episodes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones is one of the biggest nothingburgers in the NBA. He got drafted because he can jump high.
    I still remember some people here who were very high on Kai Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hornets had two picks that draft and wound up with Kai Jones and James Bouknight.

Granted that was a ty draft, but holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't believe TP ended his career with that garbage franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the concept of a career 2.7ppg player requesting a trade. It's like a Key & Peele skit waiting to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Porter Jr. dumped on OKC in return for Victor Oladipo and Jeremiah Robinson-Earle. OKC get an additional two SRPs, immediately waive KPJ.

Not a bad pickup for Houston. JRE can be a rotation guy. For the Thunder, more draft picks, but we see the problem of 'churn': Pokasevski has been replaced by Ousmane Dieng, Isaiah Roby was replaced by JRE who was replaced by Jaylin Williams. Maybe those are upgrades, but it means assets that were burned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was supportive of the idea of the spurs trading for KPJ and immediately waiving him as well. two SRPs from a bad team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Porter Jr. dumped on OKC in return for Victor Oladipo and Jeremiah Robinson-Earle. OKC get an additional two SRPs, immediately waive KPJ.

Not a bad pickup for Houston. JRE can be a rotation guy. For the Thunder, more draft picks, but we see the problem of 'churn': Pokasevski has been replaced by Ousmane Dieng, Isaiah Roby was replaced by JRE who was replaced by Jaylin Williams. Maybe those are upgrades, but it means assets that were burned.
    ir Roby was good, JRE wouldnt have replaced him. the spurs took a flier on him and he didnt last the season.

and if you have to let solid players go to make room for better players, thats what we call a good problem
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-17-2023 at 12:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ir Roby was good, JRE wouldnt have replaced him the spurs took a flier on him and he didnt last the season.

and if you have to let solid players go to make room for better players, thats what we call a good problem
    Sure, but it's the 'churn' that's the issue. OKC using draft assets to marginally improve their roster. A matter of time before Dieng gets replaced by a tall, lanky guy who is supposed to turn out and Jaylin Williams replaced by a guy who is just as good. Dieng might turn out but they could have had Mark Williams, Tari Eason, Walker Kessler, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but it's the 'churn' that's the issue. OKC using draft assets to marginally improve their roster. A matter of time before Dieng gets replaced by a tall, lanky guy who is supposed to turn out and Jaylin Williams replaced by a guy who is just as good. Dieng might turn out but they could have had Mark Williams, Tari Eason, Walker Kessler, etc.
    if Dieng pans out, then he wont be replaced. if they have enough guys pan out, thats when they'll probably start turning those picks into good vets to firm up the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ouseman Dieng doesn't make it, that may be the biggest waste of 3 FRPs in history. Couldn't believe they traded them for a pick not even in the top 10.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ouseman Dieng doesn't make it, that may be the biggest waste of 3 FRPs in history. Couldn't believe they traded them for a pick not even in the top 10.
    They did not even do it for Dieng. It is to secure the next guy they picked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's far better to trade picks for a guy you like than hold them and be forced to use them on guys you don't. Yes, the Spurs will have to be willing to cut prospects. But they can't rely on finding a diamond in the rough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did not even do it for Dieng. It is to secure the next guy they picked.
    They could have just picked the next guy they picked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren’t they BS FRP ks though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren’t they BS FRP ks though?
    one of them ended up being the #27 pick in the 2023 draft from denver. the other two are protected picks which have not conveyed yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Dieng can certainly still pan out. He was always more of a project. The point is more that the Pokusevski experiment is more or less over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Dieng can certainly still pan out. He was always more of a project. The point is more that the Pokusevski experiment is more or less over.
    I’d take a flier on poku..js

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC is taking all of our 2nd round picks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have just picked the next guy they picked.
    That's dumb trades can be cancelled. That is why the confusing hats on draft night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng aside, that 2022 draft will turn out to be foundational for OKC. Two runner up ROYs in one draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of them ended up being the #27 pick in the 2023 draft from denver. the other two are protected picks which have not conveyed yet
    That pick started as the selection for Jalen Duren. Charlotte flipped him to NY for the Denver pick and some future seconds, trading back to the late first round. NY then flipped Duren to Detroit. The other two OKC traded picks are from Detroit and Washington, the Detroit pick is protected 1-18,1-13,1-11,1-9 over the next 4 drafts. The Washington pick is protected 1-12,1-10,1-8 over the next 3 drafts.
    Last edited by exstatic; 10-18-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng aside, that 2022 draft will turn out to be foundational for OKC. Two runner up ROYs in one draft.
    Branham & Sohan might bare similar fruit when we look back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still cant believe OKC was forced to let go of such a talent like Roby because they have too many draft picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham & Sohan might bare similar fruit when we look back
    Not sure you really meant it that way . . .

Thread Information