Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see what happens today when free agency starts in less than an hour.

Regarding the Spurs...

-I would expect the two-way contracts of Champagne and Barlow get done ASAP.

-Tre Jones probably will be more of a drawn out process.

-KBD could sign today with another team.

-Mamu wasn't given a qualifying offer so he will be an unrestricted free agent. There are still multiple avenues to bring him back.

-By not giving Mamu a QO, the Spurs saved salary cap space. Are the Spurs maximizing their cap space to make a big splash? Is not giving Mamu a QO a sign that the Spurs are planning to sign a center? Or is not giving Mamu a QO simply because the Spurs can easily being him back even if he's not restricted? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay tuned on the next exciting episode of spurs free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m waiting with bated breath for the nothing that is going to happen in 39 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m waiting with bated breath for the nothing that is going to happen in 39 minutes.
    Yeah this is usually what happens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love for the Spurs to make that big splash but we all know Spurs make minor ripples usually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in the past FAs Brian Wright was wheeling and dealing, flipping assets like he was in a trap house. I‘m curious to see what we are doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Lakers think Spurs will be the team to offer Reaves big money. I wouldn't be against that, tbh. An ultra efficient playmaker? Hard to be sad about that.

Lakers likely to match though. And I've heard nothing from Spurs about Reaves so who the knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer@JakeLFischer

In a turn of events, Phoenix is planning to pull the qualifying offer for center Jock Landale, league sources told @YahooSports, which would make Landale a free agent.

4:33pm · 30 Jun 2023 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Lakers think Spurs will be the team to offer Reaves big money. I wouldn't be against that, tbh. An ultra efficient playmaker? Hard to be sad about that.

Lakers likely to match though. And I've heard nothing from Spurs about Reaves so who the knows.
    When they match and about it, I'd just tell them it was karma for Magic starting things rolling in the Spurs/Kawhi divorce by tampering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers, offer him that deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Spurs go after Reaves, they need to do it fast.

Make the Lakers pay through the nose, then have plenty of time to get down to the real business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs go after Reaves, they need to do it fast.

Make the Lakers pay through the nose, then have plenty of time to get down to the real business.
    Unfortunately the Lakers would have until the 7th to match no matter when the Spurs offer it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately the Lakers would have until the 7th to match no matter when the Spurs offer it.
    What do I know (I thought it was 48 hours).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it s over the Lakers I'm all for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do I know (I thought it was 48 hours).
    It's 24 hours now but the clock doesn't start until after the moratorium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Reaves for 25M a year is going to make negotiating with Vassell really difficult. Personally, I wouldn't go for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 24 hours now but the clock doesn't start until after the moratorium.
    it, I'll just watch baseball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are only going to offer him 4/52 million, let's offer 85

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dave McMenamin just now on ESPN said that when Free Agency starts in a few minutes, the Lakers will have a 4-yr/$52M deal waiting for him. And that “if a team like the Spurs try to offer him $100M, the lakers will wait til the very last minute on July 6th to hold up that team’s cap space and then match it regardless.”

In other words, they’re not letting him go no matter what. Could be posturing. Do we call their bluff? Idk. Think they do match whatever offer he gets, otherwise Lebron throws a -fit. Personally, paying Austin Reaves $100M is too rich for my blood. Bu that just me. We’ll see what the Spurs do here shortly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Reaves for 25M a year is going to make negotiating with Vassell really difficult. Personally, I wouldn't go for it.
    lol that makes no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems lakers will wait till deadline to match in hopes of screwing the team offering

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dave McMenamin on ESPN just now on ESPN said that when Free Agency starts in 20 minutes, the Lakers will have a 4-yr/$52M deal waiting for him. And that “if a team like the Spurs try to offer $100M, the lakers will wait til the very last minute on July 6th to hold up that team’s cap space and then match it regardless.”

In other words, they’re not letting him go no matter what.

ok, then make them do it and up their salary.

why let them off the hook and let Reeves stay for cheap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dave McMenamin just now on ESPN said that when Free Agency starts in 20 minutes, the Lakers will have a 4-yr/$52M deal waiting for him. And that “if a team like the Spurs try to offer $100M, the lakers will wait til the very last minute on July 6th to hold up that team’s cap space and then match it regardless.”

In other words, they’re not letting him go no matter what.
    if i were them and wanted to dissuade a team from making an offer, that's how i'd posture as well

reaves can also wait a bit, he's under no time pressure to strike a deal with the lakers before the moratorium. its in his best interest to wait things out anyway, since the only way he's getting more than 4/52 is via offer sheet. if the spurs realize they're going to strike out on other targets like lopez/plumlee, only then should they go ahead and get him on an offer sheet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell arguing he's worth more than Reaves would be a tough argument, tbh. Reaves was a better playmaker than LeBron and AD for games at a time last season. Vassell doesn't have anything like that on his resume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell arguing he's worth more than Reaves would be a tough argument, tbh. Reaves was a better playmaker than LeBron and AD for games at a time last season. Vassell doesn't have anything like that on his resume.

Thread Information