Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is official, sounds like. The acquisition period is over.
    Probably not the trade period, though. I don't think they got the players they got, useful vets all on ending deals, without some kind of endgame in mind.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy we spent all that cap so fast
    Does anyone know how much did we get other teams to pay for players traded to us total? I'm interested to see how that compares with the difference between floor and cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not the trade period, though. I don't think they got the players they got, useful vets all on ending deals, without some kind of endgame in mind.
    true but our ability to absorb salary via trade is basically gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but our ability to absorb salary via trade is basically gone
    Yeah, if they were to trade for Lowry, say, they'd have to operate under above-the-cap rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if they were to trade for Lowry, say, they'd have to operate under above-the-cap rules.
    in a lowry consolidation type trade, thats not that big a deal. we'd be wanting to send out 2-3 guys anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how much did we get other teams to pay for players traded to us total? I'm interested to see how that compares with the difference between floor and cap.
    From what was reported they got $5.7 mil from Phoenix and probably the 400k owed to Stevens from the Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ And for the 2023-2024 season the max a team can get in cash is $7M. Spurs should be between $6M and $7M in cash received.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok; ok. forget all the trades and contracts. Time to play some basketball. I am sooooooo ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok; ok. forget all the trades and contracts. Time to play some basketball. I am sooooooo ready
    we're months away from that. this is the deadest period of the basketball cycle other than international stuff

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    per aggregators, looks like:

The guaranteed base salaries are worth approximately $9.9MM and $9.1MM, for a total of $19MM. Jones can earn an extra $1MM in unlikely incentives to increase the total value of the deal to $20MM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ That's a damn nice contract for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ That's a damn nice contract for Spurs.
    I wouldn't have given more to Tre. I believe that's about is value right now. Tre probably wanting the short contract to bet on himself for a juicier one in 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reaffirming news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nicely done. will him making 9 mil instead of 10 as we thought in 24/25 really matter in the scheme of things? probably not. but well done regardless. no reason not to frontload this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Incentives are probably 3-point shooting I‘d guess

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy punches way above the rep ST gives him. He’s one of the best backup pgs in the league and can start when needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spotrac has the incentives as unlikely to be earned

Contract Notes:

• Total Incentives: $1 million
    • 2023-24: ULTBE: $520,833
    • 2024-25: ULTBE: $479,167

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is outplaying his contract IMO and honestly none of the PG prospects this year give me hope that they’ll be better than him in 2-3 years. Not saying the PG position can’t/shouldn’t be upgraded but I’m actually hoping we can lock up Tre to another contract next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utterly unsurprised he's outplaying his contract. Once again the SpursTalk Piss-N-Moan crowd takes the L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol strange flex by Mr body since practically majority of us on here have been lobbying for Tre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. Body just likes to fantasize about golden showers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Tre, but I’m rooting for Wesley to get his offensive game better and take that starting PG position. I just feel a whole lot better Wesley defending the last few minutes of the game than Tre. Already Wesley is the best POA defender of the team outside of Wemby. Wesley speed and ability to break defense with his speed, dribble penetration and kicking it out to an open man. The next thing is a floater, a mid-range. Tre has better feel for the game and better floor, but Wesley has the higher ceiling. Even at draft night Wesley was considered the biggest risk but the highest ceiling of the three draftees. Sochan has improved so much, his ballhandling and overall play. I think Wesley will do the same. He seems to be a hard worker, great motor (defending full-court pressure). Wesley has the dog in him. Wesley has shown great composure and minimizing his mistakes and I think he will continually improve. When you’re pkaying with a great player, it’s a great motivation to improve and get on with the possible championship ride. Keldon seems sold with the Manu-sixth-man-role. Sochan workimg hard to be that glue guy, Vassell workimg to be a go-to scorer. Champagnie taking advantage of being able to spread the court. Wesley has just taken Branham’s minutes for his defense. I think he’ll fight to keep it and more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utterly unsurprised he's outplaying his contract. Once again the SpursTalk Piss-N-Moan crowd takes the L.
    Unfortunately his size is really the only knock anyone can make against the kid. Despite his effort and IQ he can ne overwhelmed defensively. His effort is there.

His offensive game is steady and improving with a more solid 3pt %.

I'd place him in a solid franchise backup role long term. Short term, he's ABSOLUTELY the starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see why he shouldn’t start for next two years, especially if he starts hitting that corner 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see why he shouldn’t start for next two years, especially if he starts hitting that corner 3.
    as good as he is (?), it's probably the easiest position to upgrade due to the amount of talent around the league

Thread Information