My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA to test in-game flopping penalty at summer league - ESPN

"Officials won't be required to stop live play to call a flopping violation."

Great. I'm reading this as there will not be any camera review. Which means todays inept and often corrupt NBA officials would then be able to make a judgment call. Rather then cleaning up flopping, WarriorRef and LakerRef can now use this as yet another tool to aid in the desired outcome.

"The NBAs
    board of governors
    will meet later this month to vote on any rule changes for the upcoming 2023-24 season."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be another rule that will be conveniently ignored when it comes to the biggest culprits tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver has no spine
    Stern sucked but at least he wasn’t afraid to suspend Jorgamble

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This will be another rule that will be conveniently ignored when it comes to the biggest culprits tbh.
    This

Feels like there have been a lot of new rules that fizzled out over the years. The problem with these rules is that they rely on collective officiating agreement and based on this past Finals, that's being dictated by the league office on a situational basis. Expect to see the rule enforced in a crunch time situation based on projected revenue differentials.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They changed the rules to punish flopping several years ago. They never bothered to enforce it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get these headline creating 60-point triple doubles, they are not going to enforce it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As we expected no real desire to clean up flopping.

If you can decipher this bureaucratic bull , good for you!

NBA approves rule changes on coach's challenges, flopping - ESPN

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The technical fouls will be in the same classification as illegal defense/defensive three seconds or hanging on the rim or delay of game, just a free throw for the other team but not counting towards ejection of the individual player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pssssh.
    Here's your player and team with the high amount of flop riggers.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Le , Carrie, Durbeta, the league is full of nothing but pampered, unlikeable, softy, pussy, bandwagoner woke "superstars". I guess Giannis is OK but that's a function of him not being an en led American. Same for Jokic, Wemby.

I miss the good old days where you had some bad boys that weren't afraid to get in a dog fight like KG, Malone, Rasheed, even Rodman as wacky as he was
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 07-14-2023 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Change "unpampered" to "pampered"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Le , Carrie, Durbeta, the league is full of nothing but unpampered, unlikeable, softy, pussy, bandwagoner woke "superstars". I guess Giannis is OK but that's a function of him not being an en led American. Same for Jokic, Wemby.

I miss the good old days where you had some bad boys that weren't afraid to get in a dog fight like KG, Malone, Rasheed, even Rodman as wacky as he was
    Jordan and AI carried the ball but the refs were ok with that

Rodman, Reggie, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Vlade, Jordan, all those MF'ers flopped

Magic and Kareem would look at the referees in disbelief after someone stripped the ball clean form their hands instead on running back on defense

Ah the good ol' days, so tuff

Thread Information