Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benefits everyone.

Makes fan experience more enjoyable due to reduced duration, both in person and on television. The number of commercials can remain the same since they already took out some of the official timeouts.

Reduced wear and tear

Reduced "load management" AND "off" games

And also very importantly, reduces the scores back to the long term average given that PPG is through the roof and out of control these days. Since there are more shots and more possessions than there were in previous generations, there should be less time, arguably 40 minutes instead of 48. This would be very helpful to re-normalizing the scores and statistics back to normal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benefits everyone.

Makes fan experience more enjoyable due to reduced duration, both in person and on television. The number of commercials can remain the same since they already took out some of the official timeouts.

Reduced wear and tear

Reduced "load management" AND "off" games

And also very importantly, reduces the scores back to the long term average given that PPG is through the roof and out of control these days. Since there are more shots and more possessions than there were in previous generations, there should be less time, arguably 40 minutes instead of 48. This would be very helpful to re-normalizing the scores and statistics back to normal.
    Adam Silver after reading that :

" you too, buddy"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring was also through the roof in the 80s tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move the 3 point line back slightly

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Doesn't force coaches to play their stars fewer minutes. Only bails out, for example, a coach like Thibs who will still play his main 3-4 guys 38 minutes a game.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not sure what problem OP is trying to resolve. Players are looking for more playing time, not less. Why is it a problem if the teams score more vs less? I don't see the benefit of changing just for the sake of change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what problem OP is trying to resolve. Players are looking for more playing time, not less. Why is it a problem if the teams score more vs less? I don't see the benefit of changing just for the sake of change.
    Me neither...

So why not dump all the bull crap that's changed since the dawn of the Silver regime?

Let's take ads back off jerseys where they don't belong, dump the challenge flags, bring back the "fresh 24" [second] rule after an offensive rebound, and go back to having one home court per home team which is NORMAL. East vs. West all star game every year not pick up bull . Dunk contest you only get like 30 seconds and 2 replacement attempts per round like back in the good days. Sure you can have ads for seasonal promos on the court like Tip-off, Christmas, Black History Month, Noche Latina, NBA Fit etc. like usual but not on jerseys and also bring back home whites and dark away jerseys mandatory for at least 90% of total games plus all playoff games, which was always normal for the NBA up until Silver came in and ed it up.

At least with Stern the changes were very slow to materialize and didn't up the aesthetics or general dynamism of the NBA. You had the division playoff rule change in '06 (knee-jerk reaction to the SA-Dallas '06 WCSF being the WCSF and not the WCF) which I disagreed with and it opened Pandora's Box to worse changes later from Silver, and then you had the New Ball! fiasco of late '06 but that was unanimously disapproved of and Stern went back to the regular ball after 2 months. Admitted his mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP doesn't watch basketball... posts about every mental fart that crosses his head...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP doesn't watch basketball... posts about every mental fart that crosses his head...
    I watch chunks of individual games and even most of whole games at venues. I don't watch all 82 like I did during the Duncan years. I'm kinda old now, about to be turning 30 this coming March. (Get this old man a walking cane already!)... But it's plainly obvious that the product is, in every which way, inferior to the product that I grew up watching about 250 or so games per season plus playoffs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I watch chunks of individual games and even most of whole games at venues. I don't watch all 82 like I did during the Duncan years. I'm kinda old now, about to be turning 30 this coming March. (Get this old man a walking cane already!)... But it's plainly obvious that the product is, in every which way, inferior to the product that I grew up watching about 250 or so games per season plus playoffs.
    I think what you're saying is that you aren't as interested in it. That's fine. It doesn't mean it needs to change. Maybe you need to find something else to do. Write a book or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what you're saying is that you aren't as interested in it. That's fine. It doesn't mean it needs to change. Maybe you need to find something else to do. Write a book or something.
    taking beautiful women to natural / national parks and staying at nice hotels and making passionate love without a condom... not pulling out... that's what I'm more into

Since I'm a non-drinker and don't do bars and clubs and all

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    taking beautiful women to natural / national parks and staying at nice hotels and making passionate love without a condom... not pulling out... that's what I'm more into

Since I'm a non-drinker and don't do bars and clubs and all
    So the book will be fiction.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plonk

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    This clown is afraid of Father Time. So he wants time to go backwards.

He wants NBA players to go back to their College years and play 40 minutes.

He wants American citizens to go back to when they were ruled by a dictator (King George). In the Greg Bidenovic thread he praised Franklin Delano Roosevelt being president for more than two terms and wants Trump to be president for life.

Why does he want time to go backwards. Because current iteration of white race is marked for extinction by Father Time. A new white race created by mixing of blacks and whites willl take it's place. That's why you're seeing black athletes become more light skinned as time progresses.

With San Antonio you can see this in David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and Victor Wembenyama.

With Black Quarterbacks who've won Superbowl you can see this in Doug Williams, Russell Wilson, and Patrick Mahomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This clown is afraid of Father Time. So he wants time to go backwards.

He wants NBA players to go back to their College years and play 40 minutes.

He wants American citizens to go back to when they were ruled by a dictator (King George). In the Greg Bidenovic thread he praised Franklin Delano Roosevelt being president for more than two terms and wants Trump to be president for life.

Why does he want time to go backwards. Because current iteration of white race is marked for extinction by Father Time. A new white race created by mixing of blacks and whites willl take it's place. That's why you're seeing black athletes become more light skinned as time progresses.

With San Antonio you can see this in David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and Victor Wembenyama.

With Black Quarterbacks who've won Superbowl you can see this in Doug Williams, Russell Wilson, and Patrick Mahomes.
    So a Leftist just in here admitted the truth that White Replacement theory is real

just a matter of time before the proof about Hunter and the Big Man, covid origination, and the secret behind the 4AM steal of the 2020 election will come out... How much time that takes remains to be seen.

It's just so interesting and hilarious to see leftists actually giving up the truth on what they've been denying for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game has already been corrupted enough. No thanks.

Thread Information