Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google Maps shows several spots
    So to hit the touristy downtown spots, this place would have to be north or around the King Williams District, west of the Alamodome, east of the UTSA downtown campus, and south of the Pearl. Also need enough space for an arena, baseball stadium and ample parking space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hemisfair arena? I mean 3 Arenas for one city should be more than enough. Is there so much going on in San Antonio?
    Need them spots for the rodeo and high school graduations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Lone Star brewery property could work for both and is close to Southtown.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hemisfair arena? I mean 3 Arenas for one city should be more than enough. Is there so much going on in San Antonio?
    Hemisfair has been gone for almost 30 years, hasn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tear down the Ins ute of Texan Cultures and build it in that corner bordered by Cesar Chavez and I37. Close to hotels. That building was built for Hemisfair in 1968. The instute can be relocated on Broadway somewhere near the Witte Museum and DoSeum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hemisfair was torn down in the late 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tear down the Ins ute of Texan Cultures and build it in that corner bordered by Cesar Chavez and I37. Close to hotels. That building was built for Hemisfair in 1968. The instute can be relocated on Broadway somewhere near the Witte Museum and DoSeum.
    I left San Antonio about 5 years ago, but this is the perfect spot to me.

Not building the ATT Center downtown in the first place was a colossal mistake. The County Commissioners in the article stating they want to develop a plan to keep the Spurs there is a doubling down on stupid.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    milwaukee deer district is the route to follow for this project........

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    posters from san antonio how far would the new practice facility be from a downtown spurs arena........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From ChatGPT:

San Antonio Spurs Set Sights on New Downtown Arena

The San Antonio Spurs, a name synonymous with basketball excellence, are reportedly exploring the possibility of constructing a new downtown arena, according to recent reports. This move comes as the team seeks to provide a more vibrant and accessible venue for their growing fan base.

The Spurs, who recently drafted Victor Wembanyama, the No. 1 pick in the 2023 NBA draft, are keen to provide a platform that matches the rising star's talent. Known affectionately as 'Wemby' among fans, the young player has already shown immense potential, and the proposed new arena could serve as the perfect stage for his burgeoning career.

The new arena is not just about showcasing Wemby's talents, though. It's about creating a comprehensive sports district in downtown San Antonio. The Spurs' plan reportedly includes a proposal for a new stadium for the Missions, San Antonio's minor league baseball team. This move could transform the city's downtown area into a bustling sports district, attracting fans from all over the region and beyond.

However, the Spurs' ambitious plans are not without challenges. Constructing a new arena will require significant investment and the approval of city officials. Moreover, the team will need to ensure that the new venue can accommodate the Spurs' growing fan base while also providing a top-notch experience for spectators.

Despite these challenges, the potential benefits of a new downtown arena are clear. It could boost the local economy, create jobs, and solidify San Antonio's reputation as a city that embraces and celebrates sports. Most importantly, it could provide a new home for the Spurs, a place where they can continue to write their storied history in the NBA.

As the Spurs explore this exciting possibility, fans and city residents alike will be watching closely. The prospect of a new downtown arena is more than just a potential new venue for basketball games - it's a symbol of the city's commitment to its sports teams and a testament to the enduring appeal of the San Antonio Spurs.

Stay tuned for more updates on this developing story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about freeman coliseum, that still standing?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do this they should build a tram system that transports people from the parking lots (scattered at the 4 quadrants of the innermost loop) to the new stadium. This infrastructure would minimize traffic issues associated with stadium events - cause instead of cramming all vehicular traffic towards a central location downtown people could just park at which ever lot was closest to their home and then ride the tram to the stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've ran a tram down 281 from 1604 to downtown.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about freeman coliseum, that still standing?
    Yep. AT&T was built to replace it for the rodeo.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having both venues next to each other seems like pie in the sky unless they're built on the Lone Star land which doesn't seem like a great fit unless they develop a lot more around it at the same time-- it's a bit far from the traditional downtown attractions. I've always been partial to Alamodome Lot A since it would be close recreating the location of Hemisfair and the Alamodome itself. All the infrastructure is already there. The Missions could build their stadium on Fox Tech land and hope the dining and entertainment stretch out to there. Seems to be enough parking for a 10,000 seat stadium around that site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hemisfair was torn down in the late 90s.
    oh ok. 2 arenas make sense. A 3rd one wouldn't be that bad either then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh ok. 2 arenas make sense. A 3rd one wouldn't be that bad either then
    The AlamoDome has become the de facto UTSA football stadium. Perhaps the ATT Center could become the UTSA basketball facility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    posters from san antonio how far would the new practice facility be from a downtown spurs arena........
    10-12 miles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having both venues next to each other seems like pie in the sky unless they're built on the Lone Star land which doesn't seem like a great fit unless they develop a lot more around it at the same time-- it's a bit far from the traditional downtown attractions. I've always been partial to Alamodome Lot A since it would be close recreating the location of Hemisfair and the Alamodome itself. All the infrastructure is already there. The Missions could build their stadium on Fox Tech land and hope the dining and entertainment stretch out to there. Seems to be enough parking for a 10,000 seat stadium around that site.
    You're exactly right. Finding a downtown spot for just the arena is going to be a difficult task. But finding a site for an arena and a ball park will be a miracle. The Lone Star Brewery site has the space but is a bit too south of downtown and the road structre to get there would not be good.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The perfect site is the park right next to the convention center at Market and Alamo. You can drop an arena in there plus a public plaza facing Market Street. Access to convention center facilities, and the Riverwalk surrounds you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18.1 miles from UTSA to the alamodome.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do this they should build a tram system that transports people from the parking lots (scattered at the 4 quadrants of the innermost loop) to the new stadium. This infrastructure would minimize traffic issues associated with stadium events - cause instead of cramming all vehicular traffic towards a central location downtown people could just park at which ever lot was closest to their home and then ride the tram to the stadium.
    Yes or atleast bring back the Buses from multiple locations. The alamodome is actually set up well for this. They already have a lot of the parking set up from the park and rides but only want to use the one at crossroads and dont even use it for spurs games. When you go there for UTSA games it is packed and overflowing. Unfortunately laws require so many parking spaces but I would hope they could get a waiver for it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The perfect site is the park right next to the convention center at Market and Alamo. You can drop an arena in there plus a public plaza facing Market Street. Access to convention center facilities, and the Riverwalk surrounds you.
    I think that is or will be more exhibit hall space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect site is in Vegas tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question of it being downtown is a no brainer if you build new. A huge question is what happens with the AT&T Center. The rodeo isn't a big enough tenant and it would compete with the new stadium for live shows. An unused AT&T Center would be a political and sustainable disaster. The Lone Star, Texas Culture and Alamodome sites all have pluses/minuses. Austin isn't out of the picture because of the Moody Center. That was built for college basketball and so much is being built there they could easily vote to build a state of the art NBA arena. Live music is so strong there they could have the Moody and a new arena and bring in even more live music acts.

San Antonio wants to be a big boy with a small town at ude. It's probably going to have to pony up.

Thread Information