faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Somewhat of a follow up thread to my "Mogadishu vs Dallas, TX Quality of Life Comparison" that I made a month or so ago.

This time I want to cite an interesting research article that focuses on a different category: The Sapiens bagus (a.k.a The Big D bag) that is primarily native to Dallas, TX. Sometimes known as the $30k Millionaire.

Around 5-ish years ago, I had a job that required me to travel 1-2 times a month all over the US; and sometimes international. What I realized everytime I flew back to the Utopia that is the Big D, was that Dallas easily has the highest concentration of bags per capita in the United States and quite possibly the world. I remember mocking grey named Spur fans when I was younger for saying the same thing, but over a decade later I realized they were right all along. I also determined that somebody has to be close to clinically re ed to voluntarily move to the Big D for any reasons other than new job relocation.

Every territory has its deadly, lifesucking creatures that forces you to keep your head on a swivel; always having an eye on your surroundings. Arizona has the rattlesnake, in Florida/Louisiana its the alligator, Upper Rocky Mountains you have the grizzly bear. In Dallas, TX it's the $30k bag. The classic visual signs can be spotted a mile away; the $200 leather loafers, $300 dress shirts bought the night before from Stanley Koshak, etc. Similar to the rattlesnake, you can hear the Big D bag several hundred feet away; usually when you hear someone spouting bull and fabricating their wealth, you know one is close by. Especially in prime areas where they like to make their nest extreme caution is to be exercised: Uptown, Knox-Henderson, and Addison.

Article is old, but probably the most in depth anthropological case study to date of a researcher diving head first into the field, and committing hours of "bar hopping" in hopes of capturing the mythical Big D bag in the wild.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...e-mist-6421843

*NOTE: another category of the Sapiens bagus native to Dallas, TX is the obnoxious Boomer who can be spotted with his Big XII alumni polo on year round.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Dallas is trash for sure, but it's not the only city that is in the USA

the USA big cities in general are a dump

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

tbh if you haven't already you should read Strategic Relocation by Joel Skousen...basically the Whitey Survival Guide for Millenials/Gen Z

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    USA big cities increasingly harbor poor local natives without the financial means to leave. There should be a focus on getting them out not pouring money into making poverty acceptable.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    USA big cities increasingly harbor poor local natives without the financial means to leave. There should be a focus on getting them out not pouring money into making poverty acceptable.
    They should like build some government housing project cities in the middle of Nevada and Wyoming on BLM federal land and put all the homeless from all the cities in America there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    it's not that hard tbh ... Blacks (overwhelmingly the majority of the urban poor) look down on the trades for some reason. They'd rather be hustlin and booo tin', living on the dole, and robbing Whitey/committing crime then learning how to become a plumber or a welder, getting a decent salary, then moving out to the burbs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    it's not that hard tbh ... Blacks (overwhelmingly the majority of the urban poor) look down on the trades for some reason. They'd rather be hustlin and booo tin', living on the dole, and robbing Whitey/committing crime then learning how to become a plumber or a welder, getting a decent salary, then moving out to the burbs.
    The only Average Joe career the African-American community doesn't humiliate their own for occupying is Military. Meanwhile Jose holding down 55+ hour work weeks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Big D has a unique combination of high crime, white collar bag culture, miserable heat, and famous for being a dull urban sprawl with no touristy appeal, which IMO ranks it the worst city in North America.

If you expand, you've got Baghdad Iraq, Dallas TX, and Mogadishu Somalia that I think are all interchangeable at the top as far as top 3 worst cities in terms of quality life at the global level IMHO

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Big D has a unique combination of high crime, white collar bag culture, miserable heat, and famous for being a dull urban sprawl with no touristy appeal, which IMO ranks it the worst city in North America.

If you expand, you've got Baghdad Iraq, Dallas TX, and Mogadishu Somalia that I think are all interchangeable at the top as far as top 3 worst cities in terms of quality life at the global level IMHO
    I feel ya, but Houston is exactly the same and worse than Dallas overall at everything. From the urban sprawl to the oppressive heat and humidity to the wacky zoning, gangs and shootings. Higher concentration of minorities in Houston. Houston might be the worst. Also lack of jobs compared to DFW, its main redeeming quality.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Also, how is Atlanta not worse than Dallas, overall? And Detroit city proper, not talking the suburbs. Though the climate is better there.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks

The big difference is that Mogadishu and Baghdad have better drivers.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Also, how is Atlanta not worse than Dallas, overall? And Detroit city proper, not talking the suburbs. Though the climate is better there.
    Atlanta is pretty close to Dallas but at least they have some actual culture in their city (not “tha culture”, but like actually mentally stimulating areas to visit, and parks that aren’t just grassy lots for homeless people to occupy)

And Detroit may suck overall, but at least Detroit has a rich history and at one point in time actually mattered to this country, and they have better pizza.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Atlanta is pretty close to Dallas but at least they have some actual culture in their city (not “tha culture”, but like actually mentally stimulating areas to visit, and parks that aren’t just grassy lots for homeless people to occupy)

And Detroit may suck overall, but at least Detroit has a rich history and at one point in time actually mattered to this country, and they have better pizza.
    Before LBJ, Carter, and the Neocons sold our country out to China and Japan and the like.

Yeah, Detroit has that square pizza that's good. But pizza in general is vastly overrated. NYC pizza is the best but it's still pizza which is eh. Chicago deep dish pizza takes 2 hours to make a casserole of buttery glop... no thanks.

What culture does Atlanta have aside from "tha culture" (aka black southern hoodlum gangsta culture) that Dallas doesn't have, tbh? I mean neither city is NY or LA in terms of culture but really, what specific redeeming quality does Atlanta have? Atlanta is just a potpourri of migrants from other parts of the country, especially other southern blacks. You can tell by the 4,000 or so "fans" that perennially fill up the Hawks arena whenever they play home games. the stadium capacity is around 20k. Nobody cares about Atlanta sports teams except the Braves and most of the Braves fans are from other southern states not Georgia because the rest of the South doesn't have any baseball until you get deep into Florida.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    The big difference is that Mogadishu and Baghdad have better drivers.
    Blackwater hasn't driven through Dallas yet.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rockwall is kinda nice bc it uses the lake bridge as a natural barrier to keep all the riff raff out

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Rockwall is kinda nice bc it uses the lake bridge as a natural barrier to keep all the riff raff out
    And the greatly reduced speed limit on I-30 and otherwise controls the speeders and they actually enforce it. I've seen cops pull over speeding and weaving bozos out that way. I've argued that Rockwall city/county should make the I-30 bridge a toll (maybe $10 per vehicle per trip) to help keep the riff raff out. Also, because it's such an expensive bit of architecture/infrastructure to maintain. People that live in Rockwall are well off so they can pay that fee (i.e. $20/day round trip) if they need to commute into DFW, else there are plenty of amenities within Rockwall itself, including Costco, Walmart, Aldi/Trader Joes, malls, jobs, etc.

If you really need to get to Arkansas with no tolls you can always take the 380 way through Greenville and hit the free part of I-30 eastbound that way.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mark Celibate have you ever been to the other hole cities of the South though?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Mark Celibate have you ever been to the other hole cities of the South though?
    I've been to every major city tbh imho that's when I realized how sh!tty Dallas was...trolling aside, outside of Detroit/Cleveland (business trips obviously rofl)...I've always felt like wherever I went was better than the Big D - Dallas TX. So much so, that I would get depressed everytime I boarded the plane to go back. Atlanta was very similar to the Big D minus the bag culture. I don't even know where it comes from, the Big D has the baggery of LA/Miami with none of the benefits. That's honestly how I'd describe Dallas...all the negatives of the warmer climate cities wrapped into one area, with none of the positives

Thread Information