Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the Spurs, Thunder and Suns got better. Other than that basically the entire conference got worse or stayed the same. Add that to the Spurs not tanking (at least I hope so) and not resting 2-3 starters every game and I see the team being around 0.500. We actually have a deep roster too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which place is giving +100 for over 30.5 wins?
    I'll take that.
    It was DraftKings, and I still see the same line available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the Spurs, Thunder and Suns got better. Other than that basically the entire conference got worse or stayed the same. Add that to the Spurs not tanking (at least I hope so) and not resting 2-3 starters every game and I see the team being around 0.500. We actually have a deep roster too.
    - Nuggets were the clear best team in the conference so them staying the same isn’t saying much

- The Lakers post-deadline were much better than pre-deadline and they have that same core with more chemistry going into this upcoming season. LeBron is a year older but I do think on the whole they’ll be better this year vs. all of last year

- Memphis added Smart and didn’t really lose anyone right? Guess Morant is out a good chunk of games but once he’s back I’d expect them to be better with Bane/Jackson being another year closer to their prime + Smart being there

- Clippers will be better just by virtue of health. Granted this might not happen but it’s not hard to imagine them being better this year

- Warriors are replacing Poole with CP3. TJD and Podz both seem like rookies that can have a positive impact off the bat. Also added Saric who seems to fit their team well. Their core is another year older but this is a toss up IMO.

- New Orleans will be better if Zion is healthy

- Why would Houston and Utah not be better? Are we just going to pretend all of our young players improve while theirs stay the same?

I realize there are caveats with health here but just seems a little crazy to bluntly claim “no other teams in the West got better outside of Phoenix and OKC”.

And again I’m still waiting to hear which teams the Spurs will be better than next year in the West. Curious to hear what others are thinking.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Nuggets were the clear best team in the conference so them staying the same isn’t saying much

- The Lakers post-deadline were much better than pre-deadline and they have that same core with more chemistry going into this upcoming season. LeBron is a year older but I do think on the whole they’ll be better this year vs. all of last year

- Memphis added Smart and didn’t really lose anyone right? Guess Morant is out a good chunk of games but once he’s back I’d expect them to be better with Bane/Jackson being another year closer to their prime + Smart being there

- Clippers will be better just by virtue of health. Granted this might not happen but it’s not hard to imagine them being better this year

- Warriors are replacing Poole with CP3. TJD and Podz both seem like rookies that can have a positive impact off the bat. Also added Saric who seems to fit their team well. Their core is another year older but this is a toss up IMO.

- Why would Houston and Utah not be better? Are we just going to pretend all of our young players improve while theirs stay the same?

I realize there are caveats with health here but just seems a little crazy to bluntly claim “no other teams in the West got better outside of Phoenix and OKC”.

And again I’m still waiting to hear which teams the Spurs will be better than next year in the West. Curious to hear what others are thinking.
    Houston got better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even without Wemby, I'd hope that a full season of a healthy Vassell plus a full season of Sochan with a year of experience under his belt, plus Pop not using obviously tanky line ups would result in a 31 win season. It'd be pretty disappointing if the win total was lower than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody have a list of all the o/u lines for past few seasons and how we've fared?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs project to be a bottom three team alongside the Trail Blazers and Wizards.

I’m thinking 36-38 wins, it all depends on how quickly Wemby adapts to the NBA, many have said all the spurs were missing was a superstar if wemby plays at a high level will surprise out there
    No teenager has ever performed at a superstar level. A more likely scenario is, Wembanyama enters as a top starter, then progresses to All-Star caliber in his second season, All-NBA caliber in his third season and finally MVP caliber in his fourth season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-Nuggets lost their 6th man they got worse

-Lakers are basically the same team they were last year post deadline. They replaced their scrubs with other scrubs

-Memphis lost Brooks, added Smart, Ja is out for 25 games and they lost their back up PG in Tyus Jones. They got worse

-Clippers lost Gordon and their star players are never healthy. Basically the same as last year

-Warriors got worse. They lost Poole who averaged 20 PPG and replaced him with 40-year old CP3 who doesn't fit their playing style. They also don't get younger.

-New Orleans will be the same as last year cause Zion is never healthy

-Utah and Portland are tanking. Utah has not that many young players who will make a leap. Kessler, Agbaji, THT that's it. They'll be the 14th or 13th seed

-Houston got better but will need time to gel and learn to play winning basketball

-T-Wolves same as last year

-Sacramento got slightly better adding the Euroleague MVP

-OKC got better obviously

-Phoenix got better but has a bench full of 3rd stringers who wouldn't even make the Spurs roster

-Dallas same garbage as last year unless you think some rookie Centers and Grant Williams will somehow fix their defense

The Spurs will turn from the worst defense ever to a top 10 defense instantly. They will also not sit 2-3 starters ever game, assuming Pop is coaching to win games which I expect. The young guys will all take leaps and we have a very deep team. So deep that we don't even know who to cut. A lot of teams are top heavy with old star players. Having a deep bench will do a lot during the season. The way I see it:

Tier 1 (contenders): Denver, Phoenix
    Tier 2 (Playoff teams): Sacramento, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis
    Tier 3 (Play-in): OKC, NOLA, GSW, TWolves, Mavs, Spurs, Rockets
    Tier 4 (Tanking): Jazz, Portland

Spurs should be in the play-in battle with a good chance to make it to 7th or 8th

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas was pretty spot on with their line last year if I recall. Im over but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how you can add one of the best #1 picks in years, a guy who will at least be a really good defensive anchor, have two good rookies move into their second years, get a healthy Devin Vassell, have a solid Collins instead of a listless Poeltl, play defense and be compe ive instead of stealth tanking, and... somehow only win eight more games than last year? Doesn't make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was DraftKings, and I still see the same line available.

Paid off politicians in CA won't let us in to Draft Kings.
    Total B.S.

Will try to find another way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is going to take time for Wemby to fit in or should I say it is going to take time for the team to figure out how Wemby fits in. As someone said the last teenager to make a huge impact I believe was Lebron and he was a man child the exact opposite of Wemby. So not expecting much will see how things pan out the most interesting thing for me is obviously watching Wemby growth, but also which players seem to fit with his playing style.

On a funny note right after our 2022 season I mocked a draft in Tankathon and we got the 1 pick - Looking at 2024 Tankathon they have us with the 6th and Raptors 7th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d say over and quite easily. The spurs will be close to 35 to 38 wins.
    That's about how I'd rank them.

We're going to be so much better than last year even without considering Wemby into the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the over.

As long as VW remains healthy and doesn't become passive, he's going to unbalance the floor every night. He'll create openings, angles and easier shots for teammates that weren't there last year.

* Spurs are going to struggle during the first half of the season. Pop will experiment with lineups per usual.
    * Wembanyama will have some tough nights getting acclimated to NBA rules. Will experience foul trouble but will be spectacular.
    * Media and fans will question if VW is a bust when he falters.
    * Spurs finish the first half of the season playing .500 ball, around 30-30.
    * Wembanyama makes the All-Star Game as a rookie.
    * Pop solidifies the roster and roles in the second half of the season. Spurs play .700 ball. Pick up about 15 more wins.
    * Finish the regular season with 45 wins, good for a top-6 seed in the West.

Wembanyama leads all rookies in triple-doubles. Finishes top-3 in the league in blocks and steals.
    Flirts with a quadruple-double at least once.
    Wins Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year.

And this is a conservative estimate. Season could end up being a lot better than this.

** Again -- all of this is barring catastrophic injury to VW or major players this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody have a list of all the o/u lines for past few seasons and how we've fared?
    Search spurs and the season you want on basketball reference website. They have the o/u of prior seasons on the top.

Last season was 22.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at it this way. Wemby barring a major injury alone is worth 10 more wins than last year. 32 wins. The guys we signed from late last year will add 1 - 2 wins each, plus the 2 new guys might add another win apiece. The bigger home crowds will add 1 or 2 wins for a total of about 36-38 wins. Not great but not bad either, definitely an improvement over last season. You have to start somewhere. However the real reason for more wins will be a markedly better defense which most of the new players bring.

its amazing what the spurs can do when they are not tanking. The play in games are a small possibility, the playoffs probably not. The 24-25 season is something to really look forward to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paid off politicians in CA won't let us in to Draft Kings.
    Total B.S.

Will try to find another way.
    It's all new in Ohio. We've only had legal betting since the beginning of this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lolwut?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix got significantly worse IMO. They have no one to run the offense and Beal is just a lesser option taking touches away from Booker and Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d say over and quite easily. The spurs will be close to 35 to 38 wins.
    Pretty much where I see them. Outside chance at 40. 30 seems like a bet that Victor gets hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After four years it's crystal clear Zion refuses to get in shape for the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who on ST can i send a grand to that has access to DraftKings?

That's honest, reliable and not a fake, ripoff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    43-45 wins. Team is gonna be better than most think.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is a deus ex machina. 47 wins and a second round playoff exit. Wemby plays all 82 games, though minutes severely managed especially on back to backs may hurt us.

Or we can go the tank route like OKC after drafting Durant and win like 20 games to get another star

I don't think Pop wants anything to do with mediocrity and winning anything in the 30's out of 82.

Thread Information