Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotcha. the spurs were also a 34 win team the year before. main loss was murray. would think adding wemby would have at least something close to the value of dejounte getting into his prime...
    Guys playing regular minutes, focusing on defense and trying to win more than makes up for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defense will be so much better. We had the worst defense in NBA history last season. I‘m pretty sure Pop will bring back real defensive schemes and adding Wemby should make the Spurs a top 10 defensive team this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defense will be so much better. We had the worst defense in NBA history last season. I‘m pretty sure Pop will bring back real defensive schemes and adding Wemby should make the Spurs a top 10 defensive team this season.
    also depends on whether vassell can become a good defender again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also depends on whether vassell can become a good defender again
    Vassell is a good team defender and it will show. The question is his 1 on 1 defense

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I’d say over and quite easily. The spurs will be close to 35 to 38 wins.

I am being too ambitious but I think the Spurs last year were much better than their record. Expecting 40-42 wins this year.

A Western Conference that was in no way prepared to take on a pretty good but not excellent Denver team. We're seeing several teams decay before our eyes in LAL, GSW, LAC, a mess in the making in PHX, and some up-and-coming teams like MIN, SAC, OKC, and UTA.

This is as weak as the WC has been in a very long time.

I'd be surprised if it's not the over. The Spurs are going to be much more compe ive than they were when they were when they started tanking.

I’m thinking 36-38 wins, it all depends on how quickly Wemby adapts to the NBA, many have said all the spurs were missing was a superstar if wemby plays at a high level will surprise out there

I don't see how we don't go over 30.5. Portland was low key tanking last year after the deadline, and they won 33 games, finishing with the 5th worst record. They weren't nearly as good defensively as this squad will be.

Ive got them 40+ with cash on it. I think first 7 games of last season was the true team, now add Wemby.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to everyone including me who made similar predictions, none of us could've known the coaching would be this bad.

Most of these predictions could've actually been much closer with different coaching, to be honest.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season not over

But tbh I thought Wemby will have some positive impact on the game. To Spurs credit ... well I give them more time to blend. To me it's always somewhere in january when you know the value of the team.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to everyone including me who made similar predictions, none of us could've known the coaching would be this bad.

Most of these predictions could've actually been much closer with different coaching, to be honest.
    It's not all on the coaching. Pop is getting all the blame in here just like last year the Spurs were just tanking and were really so much better most in here believe.

But the talent level of the team isn't as good as most thought. The real problem is the overall talent level of the team. The front office including Pop who put this team together is to blame.

How they thought they could go into the season without a good starting quality PG and be compe ive is on the front office.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas always knows. Always.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not all on the coaching. Pop is getting all the blame in here just like last year the Spurs were just tanking and were really so much better most in here believe.

But the talent level of the team isn't as good as most thought. The real problem is the overall talent level of the team. The front office including Pop who put this team together is to blame.

How they thought they could go into the season without a good starting quality PG and be compe ive is on the front office.
    Amidst all the doom and gloom lately, I actually think the young core of Wemby, Vassell, Sochan, and Johnson will be a perennial playoff team eventually. Russ and Durant in OKC also had a terrible record before they become a postseason regular.

Doesn't change that we still need a talented PG, and the best we have right now is Tre Jones which obviously isn't going to cut it. So yeah, we still need more talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amidst all the doom and gloom lately, I actually think the young core of Wemby, Vassell, Sochan, and Johnson will be a perennial playoff team eventually. Russ and Durant in OKC also had a terrible record before they become a postseason regular.

Doesn't change that we still need a talented PG, and the best we have right now is Tre Jones which obviously isn't going to cut it. So yeah, we still need more talent.
    Wtf? Yeah Russ is an mvp and so is Durant. KJ and Sochan will never be at that level. Ever. Also Vassell will be a good 3rd option on a team but he won’t be Harden good. Theres a higher possibility that KJ and Sochan will
    be gone at this point tbh than them being perennial playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf? Yeah Russ is an mvp and so is Durant. KJ and Sochan will never be at that level. Ever. Also Vassell will be a good 3rd option on a team but he won’t be Harden good. Theres a higher possibility that KJ and Sochan will
    Well he have Wemby. If we sack Pop eventually and get a better coach, this core is giving me perennial playoff team vibes. No way to know right now of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, the visions this core is giving me is that they will be terrible for a bit, but end up coming into their own eventually and make the playoffs consistently, with Wemby at the helm. I could be wrong of course, and yeah there's a possibility KJ and Sochan don't make the cut. Would love to see this core succeed though.
    Last edited by Barfunk; 12-09-2023 at 08:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just feel this is low. I'd take the over. Spurs are going to compete for the play in this year IMO.
    Lmao dumbass

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, the visions this core is giving me is that they will be terrible for a bit, but end up coming into their own eventually and make the playoffs consistently, with Wemby at the helm. I could be wrong of course, and yeah there's a possibility KJ and Sochan don't make the cut. Would love to see this core succeed though.
    People here get too attached to the current players. I'm not high on anyone outside of Wemby.

Many will and need to be replaced with better options as the Spurs have many future draft picks to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually thought the spurs might improve as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew
    They suck and the coach sucks and the tall guy is weak and weak minded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to beat yourself up too much. We were almost all right there with you. It's why I started that other thread. At least we have an idea of what we are and as such we can all be far more realistic. After all, the last two times we had the #1, we took huge win strides over the previous year.

And reality is that we simply don't have a good roster that wants to compete defensively night in and night out.

KJ needs to go. Among others but he's the worst violator of ty defensive effort most every game.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That will never be a playoff team as the core top players unless you add a couple of all star caliber players and push a couple of those guys to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. Why do I feel like even hitting 15 will be an accomplishment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. Why do I feel like even hitting 15 will be an accomplishment?
    Exactly.
    What kind of a run would have to be put on to get to 31 wins?
    If Spurs played .500 would that even do it? (Not gonna happen i'm just saying.)

61 games remaining
    3 wins so far = 28 more needed.

Hey they could go sub .500 and still make it!
    28-33 the rest of the way would = 31 wins.

Ya it's money gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have taken the under

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody expected another obvious tank job. We expected a Tre Jones starting lineup.

Thread Information