My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a disaster this season has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a disaster this season has been.
    We keep losing. Toronto keeps losing. How is that a disaster? R/N, we have picks 9 and 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We keep losing. Toronto keeps losing. How is that a disaster? R/N, we have picks 9 and 2.
    Detroit thought they would get the #1 pick and we see how that turned out. No guarantee that those will be our picks, no matter how much us and TOR suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop gets the best generational talent in a decade and they get worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit thought they would get the #1 pick and we see how that turned out. No guarantee that those will be our picks, no matter how much us and TOR suck.
    No, there isn't, but it's better than Toronto sitting atop the East now, isn't it? You set things up the best you can, and then roll with what you get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you have to build a culture of winning. If winning two handfuls of games this year is truly the grand plan, then I’ll accept what you’re saying. But losing the way this team is losing can’t be good for the psyche of these young guys.

It’s a wasted year. Wemby, barring a miracle, won’t be ROY, which I know was a goal of his. Hit that Vegas prediction of 30 or so wins, and be compe ive in the losses, and you have a constructive learning experience and a young team with confidence in the future. We’re committing to being at least 2 years away from that stage, and so at least 4 years away from being able to compete for anything significant.

I think the league has evolved in a way that you have to be opportunistic and adopt a shorter timeline on improvement. Planning 5 years into the future is incredibly risky.

Maybe it will all work out and we’ll be hanging a couple more championship banners in 2029 and 2030. I hope Pop and the FO prove I wasn’t cut out to be an NBA general manager or president of basketball operations.

Pop’s earned the right to prove the doubters wrong, so I’ll sit tight and merely complain in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt there's more than a handful of guys on the current roster who will actually be part of the "wemby plan" into the future. I don't think anyone saw a 16 game losing streak coming but most realistic people saw the writing on the wall that this was going to be another rough year with a bad roster on paper. Aside from reeling off a couple more wins here and there so the media scrutiny isn't so high, I think this season has been pretty perfect for Wemby's long-term development. He's quickly figuring out what he can and cannot do and is leading the team in FGA. He's obviously growing quickly and while it may seem the Spurs are playing the "long-game"; I believe a season like this is actually going to accelerate Wemby's development.

Now what Pop has done to Sochan is inexcusable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you have to build a culture of winning. If winning two handfuls of games this year is truly the grand plan, then I’ll accept what you’re saying. But losing the way this team is losing can’t be good for the psyche of these young guys.

It’s a wasted year. Wemby, barring a miracle, won’t be ROY, which I know was a goal of his. Hit that Vegas prediction of 30 or so wins, and be compe ive in the losses, and you have a constructive learning experience and a young team with confidence in the future. We’re committing to being at least 2 years away from that stage, and so at least 4 years away from being able to compete for anything significant.

I think the league has evolved in a way that you have to be opportunistic and adopt a shorter timeline on improvement. Planning 5 years into the future is incredibly risky.

Maybe it will all work out and we’ll be hanging a couple more championship banners in 2029 and 2030. I hope Pop and the FO prove I wasn’t cut out to be an NBA general manager or president of basketball operations.

Pop’s earned the right to prove the doubters wrong, so I’ll sit tight and merely complain in here.
    Doesn't seem to have hurt OKC to have two awful 20ish win years, even with SGA on the roster. They snapped out of it last year with 40 wins, and he made All NBA. This year, they're 2nd in the West. We're two years behind them.

20 < you are here

contending < OKC is here
    Last edited by exstatic; 12-12-2023 at 06:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt there's more than a handful of guys on the current roster who will actually be part of the "wemby plan" into the future. I don't think anyone saw a 16 game losing streak coming but most realistic people saw the writing on the wall that this was going to be another rough year with a bad roster on paper. Aside from reeling off a couple more wins here and there so the media scrutiny isn't so high, I think this season has been pretty perfect for Wemby's long-term development. He's quickly figuring out what he can and cannot do and is leading the team in FGA. He's obviously growing quickly and while it may seem the Spurs are playing the "long-game"; I believe a season like this is actually going to accelerate Wemby's development.

Now what Pop has done to Sochan is inexcusable.
    I think anyone who signed a one or two year contract, or extension, or more years but only one or two guaranteed is HIGHLY likely to cycle out, especially with the boatload of FRPs coming up. Looking at you Mamu, Tre, Charles, Julian, Zach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some doozies in this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how you can add one of the best #1 picks in years, a guy who will at least be a really good defensive anchor, have two good rookies move into their second years, get a healthy Devin Vassell, have a solid Collins instead of a listless Poeltl, play defense and be compe ive instead of stealth tanking, and... somehow only win eight more games than last year? Doesn't make sense.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the tall guy is weak and weak minded
    Wow, didn’t know we had one of these guys on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing the vast majority of people likely didn’t place any wagers.

Pretty much every expected better, but my favorite are the Sniffers who now tell us it was obvious that we would have another tank year were all in here predicting the over. Rationalization is a of a drug.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing the vast majority of people likely didn’t place any wagers.
    I did the sure thing 1G on Wemby for ROY.

But did get caught up in the sniffing. I thought the FO and ownership had finally put a stop to Pops dictorial downer path when they did the right thing and tanked last year.
    Took Pops word for it when he said (what you quoted-posted) 'It's not about developing anymore it's time to win this season' -paraphrase.

Fool me once, shame on you Pop.
    Fool me 700 times, shame on me.
    Oops.

Post Count
    if not for the Sochan experiment the team clears that easily.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think they were a .500 team the first 18 games of the season? Sochan experiment lasted 18 games.

Thee was another problem with Collins at center early in the season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not for the Sochan PG then the Bran Ham PG experiments then probably so.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think they were a .500 team the first 18 games of the season? Sochan experiment lasted 18 games.

Thee was another problem with Collins at center early in the season.
    The Bran Ham PG experiment was somehow even worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to bring this thread back up to the top of the page, not sure where to ask this question (I do have NBA League Pass and have had it for years) - I've been trying to go back and watch games from about a month ago as I just couldn't watch the games live or within a day or two like I normally would when I miss them live, so I sort of fell back and couldn't catch up due to Easter being busy. Anyway, I am pretty sure it's an issue with NBA League Pass as I contacted them about it a couple of seasons ago when I was trying to watch archived games then too, I get constant buffering and the games are unwatchable because of it (no idea why as live games are fine and games for within the last couple of days). The issue is on their end IMO, but they tell me it's not. Anyway, I don't have the time, or care to do their waste of time trouble shooting (I have a more than fast enough internet connection and none of my other paid for streaming services have this buffering issue) like last time for no result. I also had my ISP look into it, but they couldn't find any issues (I don't think the problem is with my ISP or on my end), however, I am going to try a different ISP out in a week or two for a trial run, so that way I can eliminate it as an issue with my ISP.

I recall someone posting up a link earlier in this season to a website that has games you can watch from earlier/throughout the season (not sure if it had games for the whole regular season), so I was wondering anyone would be able to PM me some links. As mentioned, I do actually have league pass so I'm not looking for free access, but the darn thing doesn't allow me to watch the archived Spurs games without buffering. I haven't tried watching other team's archived games, but don't really care if they work as I only want to watch the Spurs games. It's just that the archived Spurs games always buffer and I can't watch them like that. I've tried all quality levels and it happens even on 540p (not interested in going any lower).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to bring this thread back to Vegas handicappers, but those guys are pretty good at what they do, eh? Maybe ST fans ought to keep the Vegas numbers in mind when posting our amateur opinions about the status of the team. Just sayin'.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to bring this thread back to Vegas handicappers, but those guys are pretty good at what they do, eh? Maybe ST fans ought to keep the Vegas numbers in mind when posting our amateur opinions about the status of the team. Just sayin'.
    Well, they aren't perfect. They gave me 20:1 odds for Victor to lead the league in blocks this year. That was a nice $1000 payout, thanks Vegas!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they were good at what they do, the O/U would have been 21.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop just starts Tre Jones at PG all year, the 30.5 win estimate is a pretty good guess. The Sochan Experiment in my opinion had dual goals: to diversify Jeremy's game, and to decrease the number of wins, i.e., to tank. In that sense, it can be called a success.

Thread Information