Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron/Melo were from the 2003 draft, not exactly recent.
    Worded poorly on my part. I meant if there were lottery picks after Melo who did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would consider 2 blocks a failure, unless he's playing 20 or fewer minutes.
    That would rank #6 in the league last season. Man you guys have high expectations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would rank #6 in the league last season. Man you guys have high expectations.
    For defense? You bet your ass I do. Shot blocking is going to be what translates immediately.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14/6/2 with 2 blocks. 46% from the field, 32% from 3. His impact will most likely be higher than his box score stats.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #2 pick Darko Milicic won the le as a rookie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya’ll trippin’, Wemby can block jump shots out to the 3 point line he’ll break blocked shot records from the get go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For defense? You bet your ass I do. Shot blocking is going to be what translates immediately.

i mean,if hes only getting a block or two a game then something's wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14/6/2 with 2 blocks. 46% from the field, 32% from 3. His impact will most likely be higher than his box score stats.
    he’s gonna get 10 points off of putbacks and offensive rebounds alone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as Wemby figures to touch the ball and have the green light to shoot from anywhere the idea that he would only average 14 PPG seems very far fetched to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree with your guesses on FG% but 6 RPG!?! Come on man!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree with your guesses on FG% but 6 RPG!?! Come on man!!!
    I'm basing my guesses on Porzingis' rookie year - I think he gets similar raw numbers but playing 24 mpg instead of 28 on slightly higher efficiency. The guy averaged 9.5 rpg per 36 minutes for ASVEL last year, so I figured 6 was about right for 24 minutes played. His first couple years in the league I think that he's going to get boxed out constantly and his rebounds per game will be lower than expected. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs fans sipping the counter narrative kool aid that is largely rooted in his SL debut a little too hard

he is who we thought he was throughout the season and post draft lottery. easy ROY, DPOY votes. 20+ per game pretty easily. 10+ boards. The future is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League MVP, Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the year..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his rebound average is possibly going to be under 10 which is indeed a weakness given his size. It's a combination of people boxing him out as someone mentioned and also he doesn't seem really interested in it tbh. He seems to favor counter attacks over staying back for a rebound.
    Pop is probably gonna set him straight on that though, so we'll see.

As for points, it depends a lot on his minutes but I'm thinking between 18-22, and around 3 blocks.
    Last edited by thiste; 07-29-2023 at 05:01 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will lead the NBA in blocked shots next year.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his rebound average is possibly going to be under 10 which is indeed a weakness given his size. It's a combination of people boxing him out as someone mentioned and also he doesn't seem really interested in it tbh. He seems to favor counter attacks over staying back for a rebound.
    Pop is probably gonna set him straight on that though, so we'll see.

As for points, it depends a lot on his minutes but I'm thinking between 18-22, and around 3 blocks.
    Agree his rebound numbers aren't going to be anything special.

He's not quick enough and aggressive going for the rebound and can easily get boxed and out muscled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm basing my guesses on Porzingis' rookie year - I think he gets similar raw numbers but playing 24 mpg instead of 28 on slightly higher efficiency. The guy averaged 9.5 rpg per 36 minutes for ASVEL last year, so I figured 6 was about right for 24 minutes played. His first couple years in the league I think that he's going to get boxed out constantly and his rebounds per game will be lower than expected. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows
    It was 2 years ago, mate... Wemby played with The "Boulogne-Levallois Metropolitans 92" last season where he averaged 21.6 pts/ 10.4 rbs and 3 blocks a game in 32 min... That's 24.3/11.7/3.4 per 36.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is going to play 30 minutes per game until he shows he can’t handle it. I believe he’ll average 23/11/4/3.5/1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is going to play 30 minutes per game until he shows he can’t handle it. I believe he’ll average 23/11/4/3.5/1.
    I think bring the boards down to 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like everyone watched only his first game in the Summer League and is basing everything off that. Suddenly even Bol Bol is better.

Instead of, like, his second game where he dropped 27 and 12 and 3 blocks while still not having practiced or knowing much of what was going on.

Or how he joined a middling-at-best French League team with mediocre players and pulled them to the league Finals and won pretty much every league award the league had.

This guy ain't Bol Bol. Alright?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say 19/7/4

I think he can average 4 blocks per game with ease, but will have to improve his rebounding. He ball watches a lot.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    22 pts, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5 assists. ROY, All-NBA Defensive Team if not DPOY, 2nd Team All-NBA, All-Star. Spurs win 45+
    Not too far off so far. Overestimated the assists but man Wemby is amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a lot of nifty passes by Wama turn into .....bricks?

Teams are gonna double him and we need others to step up and make open shots.

Confidence level in that in this point, along with CIA Pop strategies......eeesh.

I gotta see who does or does not joing the roster in these next months.

Wama is gonna kick ass. He might be surrounded by incompetence.
    Great prediction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Through 22 games.

Thread Information