Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The other other longhorn qb Quinn Ewers is the one to watch. He's got the Stafford abilities just hasn't shown it on the field yet

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    The other other longhorn qb Quinn Ewers is the one to watch. He's got the Stafford abilities just hasn't shown it on the field yet
    Yeah Ewers definitely showed some flashes and probably would have had a great season if he didn't get injured early last season. No reason to start Manning over him yet. Manning won't see the field this year unless theres an injury imo

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Purdy? He was arguably the best QB in the League in his short performance last season. Don't see why he can't break Top10 in 2023.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    RIP Burrow tbh.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Burrow just pre-emptively getting out of Anthony Richardson's way tbh

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Burrow just pre-emptively getting out of Anthony Richardson's way tbh
    Why Burrow again?

Pompous Ass Trash Allen is the one who's long-overdue for a big time humbling injury, especially considering his monkeyball playing style, tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why Burrow again?

Pompous Ass Trash Allen is the one who's long-overdue for a big time humbling injury, especially considering his monkeyball playing style, tbh.

Dk if Ja'Marr Chase is talking out of his ass or what.
    Joey B out until at least Game 6?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Purdy"

Just a reminder that Rodgers threw for over 300 yards 0 times last season

Not feeling sorry for the got a bit, but Jets schedule the 1st half very tough.

@ Dallas
    KC
    @Denver
    Philly

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Carr crushing it in camp. Expect a big year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Carr crushing it in camp. Expect a big year.
    carr is always a camp god. his problem comes when bullets are flying and he's scared of taking a hit, pocket collapses, etc. but every year raiders beat writers had nothing to say about him in camp. didnt miss throws, hit guys in stride, etc. was like a broken record

but nevertheless i think he's due for a bounceback. cant be any worse than last year. the two years prior he was a top 8-12 qb in the league. he's also gonna probably have his best overall OL situation in a few years (not sold on Penning yet as a pass protecting LT, but the rest of the line is better than he's had with the raiders in recent years)

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    1- Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Burrow

4-Hurts
    5-Herbert
    6-Lamar
    7-Lawrence

8-Rodgers

After 8 it is a crapshoot, Imma give the benefit of the doubt to two guys that proved to be top 10 before:

9-Watson
    10-Stafford

Goff, Tua, Purdy, Carr, Cousins, Fields could all be here too.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    1- Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Burrow

4-Hurts
    5-Herbert
    6-Lamar
    7-Lawrence

8-Rodgers

After 8 it is a crapshoot, Imma give the benefit of the doubt to two guys that proved to be top 10 before:

9-Watson
    10-Stafford

Goff, Tua, Purdy, Carr, Cousins, Fields could all be here too.
    you need a bigger gap between 1 and 2 tbh

mostly agree with your list. but for your "the rest" group, i dont know if you ordered those or not. i dont think Purdy is in that tier anyway, but Goff should be at the bottom of it. i think rodgers should be several spots higher. he is older and coming off a down year, but i dont think he's cooked, think the situation was bad. but you never know, he could just be declining. its my guess though, that he still has some in the tank
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-10-2023 at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trash Allen at #2 is a ing joke.

especially since Burrow owns that monkeyballer's loser ass head to head every single time regardless of venue and weather.

Burrow, has actually defeated Mahomes head to head in the championship game one year and was one bad sack away from possibly doing it back-to-back. Allen? Only beats Mahomes in meaningless Week 5 regular season games but chokes in the playoffs every single time.

Trash Allen is literally the white Scam Newton. He's one (way overdue) injury away from being post-2015 or even post-2018 Scam Newton, too.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Trash Allen at #2 is a ing joke.

especially since Burrow owns that monkeyballer's loser ass head to head every single time regardless of venue and weather.

Burrow, has actually defeated Mahomes head to head in the championship game one year and was one bad sack away from possibly doing it back-to-back. Allen? Only beats Mahomes in meaningless Week 5 regular season games but chokes in the playoffs every single time.

Trash Allen is literally the white Scam Newton. He's one (way overdue) injury away from being post-2015 or even post-2018 Scam Newton, too.
    Josh Allen has better playoffs numbers than Burrow in literally every category.

Allen in the playoffs: 292 yds per game - 17 TDs (2.1 Tds per game)- 4 ints (0.5 ints per game) - 417 rushing yards - 2 rushing TDs - 99.6 Ratg

Burrow in the playoffs: 260 yds per game - 9 TDs (1.2 TDs per game) - 4 ints (0.6 ints per game) - 101 rushing yds - 1 rushing TD - 93.8 Ratg

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Josh Allen has better playoffs numbers than Burrow in literally every category.

Allen in the playoffs: 292 yds per game - 17 TDs (2.1 Tds per game)- 4 ints (0.5 ints per game) - 417 rushing yards - 2 rushing TDs - 99.6 Ratg

Burrow in the playoffs: 260 yds per game - 9 TDs (1.2 TDs per game) - 4 ints (0.6 ints per game) - 101 rushing yds - 1 rushing TD - 93.8 Ratg
    Cute. Especially with the rushing yards gimmick. I believe the GOAT Tom Brady would be dead last there.

Now, what about W-L, and super bowl appearances? Playoff record vs KC, KC/CIN/BUF three-way, for the sake against argument?

Scam Newton had some awfully good looking stats and he actually made a Super Bowl, before he was exposed for the fraud he is.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Cute. Especially with the rushing yards gimmick. I believe the GOAT Tom Brady would be dead last there.

Now, what about W-L, and super bowl appearances? Playoff record vs KC, KC/CIN/BUF three-way, for the sake against argument?

Scam Newton had some awfully good looking stats and he actually made a Super Bowl, before he was exposed for the fraud he is.
    W/L are team stats, bro.

P/S: you can substract the rushing stats, Allen still has the edge by a big margin.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    im definitely on the allen > burrow train

i would agree that burrow's late career outlook is probably better. allen could break down, burrow's game should age well. but we're several years from that mattering

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    W/L are team stats, bro.

P/S: you can substract the rushing stats, Allen still has the edge by a big margin.
    Yes, and the QB is in control of situational awareness, which is why Brady consistently won in the playoffs and even most of his Super Bowl / championship game losses were due to some crazy fluky bad luck. It's crazy good how Brady was at the game management department of football.

You can on game management and situation management all you want, and it's very difficult to quantify. But it's arguably the most important intangible in the game and it's directly related to W-L. It's why a lot of guys with good stats like Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, etc do awesome against bad teams have never been able to cut it come playoff time. Guys like Newton and Russell Wilson have been pretty bad at it, too.

Aside from Brady, guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, and even both Mannings to an extent have excelled at that intangible over the years. Burrow is definitely in that upper echelon there compared to Allen. Aside from his playoff losses, just look at Allen's performance at home against Minnesota in the regular season last year for a solid example. Allen's perfectly abhorrent situational awareness, both at the end of regulation and overtime, directly cost Buffalo that game.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yes, and the QB is in control of situational awareness, which is why Brady consistently won in the playoffs and even most of his Super Bowl / championship game losses were due to some crazy fluky bad luck. It's crazy good how Brady was at the game management department of football.

You can on game management and situation management all you want, and it's very difficult to quantify. But it's arguably the most important intangible in the game and it's directly related to W-L. It's why a lot of guys with good stats like Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, etc do awesome against bad teams have never been able to cut it come playoff time. Guys like Newton and Russell Wilson have been pretty bad at it, too.

Aside from Brady, guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, and even both Mannings to an extent have excelled at that intangible over the years. Burrow is definitely in that upper echelon there compared to Allen. Aside from his playoff losses, just look at Allen's performance at home against Minnesota in the regular season last year for a solid example. Allen's perfectly abhorrent situational awareness, both at the end of regulation and overtime, directly cost Buffalo that game.
    How do you game manage a coin toss?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    im definitely on the allen > burrow train

i would agree that burrow's late career outlook is probably better. allen could break down, burrow's game should age well. but we're several years from that mattering
    Long term there are many QBs I would take over Allen , and if the last couple years' QB classes hadn't been so laughably bad, we'd be talking even more.

Mahomes
    Burrow
    Lawrence
    Herbert
    Watson
    Goff
    Tagovailoa
    Purdy / arguably Will Levis

All guys I would take over Allen if I had 10 years to start a franchise. None of those guys are particular injury risks, not even Watson after he got injured running he learned.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How do you game manage a coin toss?
    You really think Atlanta was going down the field and scoring if they won the coin toss, considering they hadn't scored since early in the 3rd quarter and the Patriots' defense was well rested having spent 3/4 of the game on the bench?

And besides, that was only one out of 7 Super Bowl's.

Thread Information