23 88.46%
  • James Edward Harden Jr.

3 11.54%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The more I rewatch the 2006 Finals as the years go by, the less bitter I actually am about it. I actually don't think it was either a "rigging" nor do I think Wade was "brilliant". Honestly, it was more a combination of a bad matchup and the Chokericks choking ( Chokericks get it??? ). I rewatched Game 3 the other day, and Dallas had them on the ropes with the Terry/Dirk pick and roll late in the game and then for some stupid reason, they went "Jason Garrett" mode and just abandoned it for no reason, outsmarting themselves, and letting the Heat back into the game and series. If they just keep it simple, then it's likely a sweep and all is forgotten.

I also don't think Wade was completely handed free throw after free throw, but I don't think he was "great" either. He just exposed what Dallas was awful at at the time; keeping bigger, aggressive guards out of the paint. All Wade had to do was barrel through the lane and the midget Dallas backcourt would just let him through with their matador defense. Exact same thing that Baron Davis did a year later which is why the 2011 team made it a point to get bigger, stronger frontcourt guys like Kidd, Marion, Butler, and Stevenson. Knowing they were going to have to go through guys like Westbrook, Carmelo, Kobe, Durant, Harden, Wade, and Lebron to get a le

IMO, Dallas was extremely soft in the frontcourt in 2006/07 but there weren't a lot of quality NBA teams that were constructed to expose it. Most of the bigger guards/forwards that would give them trouble were isolated on sh!tty teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I rewatch the 2006 Finals as the years go by, .
    why would you do that to yourself?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    why would you do that to yourself?
    meh, they got a ring in 2011 so I don't really care anymore. Considering Dallas isn't LA, Miami, or NY and they have a d!pstick owner I never even expected them to get one tbh imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reading Jamstone I almost changed my mind about almost everything tbh... Harden or Wade is debatable and defense does not matter

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    meh, they got a ring in 2011 so I don't really care anymore. Considering Dallas isn't LA, Miami, or NY and they have a d!pstick owner I never even expected them to get one tbh imho
    No shame in losing to Wade & Shaq

I think that heartbreak hardened them for victory over the Heatles which is more memorable

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

I think that heartbreak hardened them for victory over the Heatles which is more memorable
    I think only Dirk and JT were from the 2006 squad, and they even had a different coach. No doubt JT shot extremely well and Dirk was Dirk, but the role players, Kidd and Chandler were difference makers also. They didn't have Avery Johnson so that's a plus.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think only Dirk and JT were from the 2006 squad, and they even had a different coach. No doubt JT shot extremely well and Dirk was Dirk, but the role players, Kidd and Chandler were difference makers also. They didn't have Avery Johnson so that's a plus.
    Good point. Dirk was possessed though. Signature play is him receiving the ball at the 3point line, pivoting and torching the Heat to the hoop for a slam. 2011 Dirk settles for the J

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

yeah who knows what would have happened. They probably hold onto Avery, Devin Harris, and Josh Howard for much longer and I doubt they go 67-15 the next season as they would have been somewhat coasting after the championship. Probably never get Rick Carlisle either, imo by 2011 or so they would have been in complete rebuild mode had they rang in 2006

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbf LeChoke returned the favor in 2011 for what the Chokericks did in 2006. The way he shrunk and forced Wade to do his best to literally carry him to a ring was embarrassing for a GOAT level player.

Two of the biggest chokejobs in NBA history, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade never quit or failed to show up playoffs

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbf LeChoke returned the favor in 2011 for what the Chokericks did in 2006. The way he shrunk and forced Wade to do his best to literally carry him to a ring was embarrassing for a GOAT level player.

Two of the biggest chokejobs in NBA history, imho.
    That one down there in Florida was the topping on the cake, daddy. They was sellin' your , Fk.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wade never quit or failed to show up playoffs
    In many ways he was the Last of the Mohican's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one down there in Florida was the topping on the cake, daddy. They was sellin' your , Fk.
    It still hurts, Cubby.

Ten years later and I still can't watch that game or sequence. '14 eased some of the pain but it never got rid of it entirely.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It still hurts, Cubby.

Ten years later and I still can't watch that game or sequence. '14 eased some of the pain but it never got rid of it entirely.

Been 10 years. Hard to believe. Where does it go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about this one? Most of the replies are saying AI. To me it's clearly Harden.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I rewatch the 2006 Finals as the years go by, the less bitter I actually am about it. I actually don't think it was either a "rigging" nor do I think Wade was "brilliant". Honestly, it was more a combination of a bad matchup and the Chokericks choking ( Chokericks get it??? ). I rewatched Game 3 the other day, and Dallas had them on the ropes with the Terry/Dirk pick and roll late in the game and then for some stupid reason, they went "Jason Garrett" mode and just abandoned it for no reason, outsmarting themselves, and letting the Heat back into the game and series. If they just keep it simple, then it's likely a sweep and all is forgotten.

I also don't think Wade was completely handed free throw after free throw, but I don't think he was "great" either. He just exposed what Dallas was awful at at the time; keeping bigger, aggressive guards out of the paint. All Wade had to do was barrel through the lane and the midget Dallas backcourt would just let him through with their matador defense. Exact same thing that Baron Davis did a year later which is why the 2011 team made it a point to get bigger, stronger frontcourt guys like Kidd, Marion, Butler, and Stevenson. Knowing they were going to have to go through guys like Westbrook, Carmelo, Kobe, Durant, Harden, Wade, and Lebron to get a le

IMO, Dallas was extremely soft in the frontcourt in 2006/07 but there weren't a lot of quality NBA teams that were constructed to expose it. Most of the bigger guards/forwards that would give them trouble were isolated on sh!tty teams.
    Ugh same ing midget backcourt that eviscerated the Spurs in 06

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can’t think of too many athletes who deserve a Dwayne Haskins death more than James Harden. Born loser, y, en led personality, empty stats, took part in ruining the game, etc. So happy that jinx is on the Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh same ing midget backcourt that eviscerated the Spurs in 06
    ing Devin Harris driving to the basket at will

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    NBA is a paradise. Harden should be relegated to being bodied in some mid level European domestic league right now.

No other major league MLB, NHL, European football - can guy repeatedly force his way out of town by lowering his value thru poor shape, statements in the media or just not showing up to work. And yet next stop is still a contender. NBA is a mind . I think in the 90s a Charlotte would have picked him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about this one? Most of the replies are saying AI. To me it's clearly Harden.

2 overrated chuckers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is a paradise. Harden should be relegated to being bodied in some mid level European domestic league right now.

No other major league MLB, NHL, European football - can guy repeatedly force his way out of town by lowering his value thru poor shape, statements in the media or just not showing up to work. And yet next stop is still a contender. NBA is a mind . I think in the 90s a Charlotte would have picked him up.
    ngl, the drama in the NBA is entertaining
    Meme worthy and some good parodies on YT lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Absolutely. If you defend, support or are a fan of James Harden then you’re pretty much advertising that you’re a failure or a lazy spook

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

taking AI, but not by a lot. I think AI just performed better in big moments, compared to Harden.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Absolutely. If you defend, support or are a fan of James Harden then you’re pretty much advertising that you’re a failure or a lazy spook
    I think it's two things. The first problem is that the NBA is so much more reliant on having a top superstar (since they can have the ball in their hands at anytime pretty much) than any other sport. That's why the strategy is effective. So whenever some guy decides to fly out to Vegas and 'twerk that thang' at Hakkasan instead of going to practice, all will be forgiven when he gets back onto the court since he could singlehandedly be the difference between being a true le contender or being a fringe playoff contender. Someone like Kawhi Leonard, who you knew was going to get picked up by a team like Toronto because they knew he was the missing piece and they'd do anything to get a le after coming up short year after year.

The second problem is that LeBron being the face of the league has made these antics so widespread. In sports like baseball and football, you could do the same thing to an extent if you're a top player but there's still something of an 'honor code' that is respected in those leagues. If you don't honor the code, in baseball you may get plunked or football they may hit you a little harder if you act like a d0uche. Lebron, however, has been the face of the NBA for so long and has influenced these guys to think they're oppressed victims who can whine their way out of any situation. Also normalized being 'cool' and 'chilling' with your rivals off the court as opposed to guys like MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird etc. Lebron and his f@ggot buddies Chris Paul, Carmelo, Anthony Davis, etc all 'ooga booga' in the club together when not on the court. Why is this important? When players pull off this g0try, the other lazy spooks that they're friends with will also whine and complain if owners start blackballing them out of the league. If no team picked up James Harden, it would set off a Category 5 chimpout throughout the league from Lebron and his buddies. The NBA in the 90s and 00s wouldn't stand up for it. Guys like MJ, Barkley, Kobe, etc would call out any lazy f*ck trying to force his way off a team.

Hopefully once Lebron/KD and the rest all retire this sh!t will go away and more and more European players will begin to influence the league's conduct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither of them will help the team win a le, but AI is, shockingly, much less frustrating to root for. So AI.

Thread Information