My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Goodbye Harry

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Sir we will need you to elaborate

Absolutely shocking move. IMO biggest since Figo to Madrid. British peeps will now tune into Bundesliga. Cultural shifting move. English media will try and label it safe/lazy trophy move. I respect Kane for making the jump. Has to learn language and it's a gamble. Burned bridges back at home.

Now on the field. He will match Lewandowski production but not quite because Robert had years of cohesion and I think Bayern was a little stronger then. But Harry will be judged on the UCL and for that we wait patiently

Had to figure Kane watched Haaland and said enough of this, I'm jumping to a power.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    He needed to go to a team in a position to win.
    Spurs are not that team.

Wish it had happened earlier so Spurs could organize.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Kane to the Spurs luck with him to Munich

0-3 at home

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He needed to go to a team in a position to win.
    Spurs are not that team.

Wish it had happened earlier so Spurs could organize.
    the pos is a not a winner, his a coat tail rider...never shows up against stronger teams, always pad his goals against scrub teams and everyone forgets the previous week no show performance

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    the pos is a not a winner, his a coat tail rider...never shows up against stronger teams, always pad his goals against scrub teams and everyone forgets the previous week no show performance
    Exactly whose coat tail has he ridden you stupid fk?
    Spurs never ever get in the top 4 in the EPL and the finals of the ECL without him.

You dont even know what riding a coat tail means...
    A more salient argument would be Kane is 30, been injured a whole bunch, and is slow as molasses. The dude is still a great long passer and goal scorer. But i dont know if thats what Bayern need. Man City wanted him badly. Thats enough to know he is/was top notch. And the actual true striker, Haaland, that forced Pep to FINALLY abandon tickey tack walk the ball into the net got MC the treble. Kane was the next scorer behind Haaland in the EPL on a much worse team. And Kane is a much better passer. But athletically Haaland is so far ahead of Kane is not even comparable.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-12-2023 at 06:53 PM.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Skechers
    Really
    Harry you didn’t

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Spurs actually played a much more watchable game even though they tied Brentford.
    The midfield is better but no depth. Oliver Skipp still picked until Bentancur gets back.
    The top 4 seems totally out of reach but at least we might get watchable games unlike under Conte.

Spurs actually should have won. Long time since I have witnessed this.

Watched replays of other games. City and Brighton were impressive.
    Sorry Lefty. Your man left Mahrez left for free money in Saudi. Guess the game is not fun on a big team, so take the money.
    I will say that your man on West Ham was pretty good. But Bowen is the star of that team.

Chelsea goes more forward but still pretty listless. Salah was absolutely pissed when Klopp removed him at about 70 minutes for Liverpool.
    MU was not good but pulled out a win. They were out played by Wolves.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Spurs observations:

1. Bissouma is the best player on the team (what a year and a new manager can do with talent!)
    2. Spurs midfield is much better and they are allowed to show out as long as Hojberg and Skipp are NOT in the lineup.
    3. Richarlison is positionally sound, but is a pile of crap as CF. He can’t retain the ball while midgets chop at his weak slow legs. (Damn Harry you are so much better)
    4. Spurs could have easily lost to Man U instead of winning due to bad awareness among the FBs. 4 missed headers by MU, two of which were wide wide open) Even though the Spurs were far better. Just like they were against Brentford.
    5. The new manager, who I will refer to as PastaGlue, plays a much more watchable style. It’s nice to watch even though they are not a top team.

The Game: Spurs 2 MU 0

MU has played two exceptionally horrid games to start the season. And they still could have had 6 pts.
    Spurs should have 6 pts with an easier schedule coming up. Still don’t trust them to win. Too many mistakes due to unfamiliarity.
    But dammit they play games that are easy and fun to watch so far.

WTF again:

Brighton again sells their top players and looks as good as last year? How in God’s name are they doing this? Who the scouts for them… I just don’t get their mastery in evaluating talent. It’s phenomenal, even with manager changes. If anyone has Pea take a look at Brighton. They are fun and they are winning. By playing possession and attacking football, even against better teams (most relevant to last season but appears to be continuing)

The Pea announcers in a number of games make their judgments in play most often solely due to who is winning or who has won in the non featured games especially. It’s really fundamentally wrong. Soccer is too strange to solely be judged on the score. One must watch the games. And not just the highlights.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Lefty you little Canadian midget. Where are you?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lefty you little Canadian midget. Where are you?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Brighton, so fun to watch

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Spurs are goons suck me back in and then crush me
    Arn’t they
    Lucy gonna pull that ball away again

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Tottenham defeats Bournemouth 2-0 Worst game played by Tottenham so far but a win

Take aways:

1. The midfield: Sarr, Bissouma, Maddison, all huge upgrades. Need Bentancur back again. Because the subs are Skipp and Hoijberg (I cant believe Skipp is on an EPL team) are not good enough
    2. The back: Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie are so much better than what started last season. Romero so far is working well with Van de Ven and Porro + Udogie have shown the ability to convert into good wings on the offensive.
    3. Up front: Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski not all that potent because Richarlison is crap. He works hard but it just not gonna work. Son looks refreshed and fast again.
    4. In Goal: Vicario huge upgrade over poor Hugo who is just too old. Vicario is much more confident in distribution and is working well with the back and Bissouma to start attacks. I never expected moving the ball out of the back and then hoofing it accurately could ever be formed so early on. So maybe it really is too early to tell.

Spurs have not encountered a team yet that is playing well. So the ball movement and exciting play that we are seeing now maybe an illusion. But I dont think so. This is still a team ripe to be beaten because sometimes they are not cohesive, but, its so much more fun to watch I dont think I care. Also the depth is of course very thin

I need a Tottenham avatar. Please give me one whomever controls the selection list.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Fulham at Arsenal was fun
    Fulham could have won but their defenders let them down with really dumb fouls and laying down faking injury

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    De Zerbot’s team getting skull ed at home by Moyes

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Lol Newcastle letting 10 man Liverpool steal their lunch money

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol Newcastle letting 10 man Liverpool steal their lunch money
    Major choke job tbh

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    First blatant failure by Newcastle. Gives a tiny glimmer of hope for Spurs fans. Just a crack of light.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    English Citeh fans were saying he was the new Mahrez

Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano
    ·
    1h
    Cole Palmer to Chelsea, here we go! Agreement in principle reached with Manchester City on £40m deal plus £5m add-ons ���� #CFC

Exclusive news revealed earlier today then quick resolution between clubs and green light from Palmer.

Medical tests to be booked soon.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Watching tape of Newcastle and Brighton and Newcastle does not look anything like last year

Thread Information