Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,247 of 1247
    Now play the real national championship,,,,Michigan vs Georgia. And I'll tell you right now, the odds makers would have a very hard time making Michigan the favorite in that game. Georgia would have curb stomped Washington just like Michigan did.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Now play the real national championship,,,,Michigan vs Georgia. And I'll tell you right now, the odds makers would have a very hard time making Michigan the favorite in that game. Georgia would have curb stomped Washington just like Michigan did.
    We will never know, but Michigan seemed like a team of destiny. Also, Georgia as good as they were looked suspect at times. I think if Michigan and Georgia would have played, Michigan still would have won. They had more to play for IMHO.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If the criteria is being able to go from place to place (including college to/from the NFL) and consistently win, I think you could seriously make a case that Jim Harbaugh is the best coach of all-time. All he needed was that championship.

1) Went to San Diego and immediately made them elite. Back to back 11-1 seasons his 2nd and 3rd year
    2) Went to Stanford, who were Pac-10 doormats and got them to 11-1 with their first ever BCS bowl victory. If they played Oregon at home vs on the road that year, maybe they beat them and end up in the Championship game
    3) Went to the NFL and turned the 49ers (also a dumpster fire at the time) into an immediate championship contender. They had three straight seasons where they were extremely close to getting atleast one Superbowl victory. Honestly, any of those three seasons a bounce here or there could've given them the le
    4) Goes to Michigan, who had been OSU's b!tch and mediocre for what seemed like forever. Completely turned the table after a few years and finally got his first le

Can't think of any other coach that has been able to do it so quickly at both levels consistently, and coming into situations to where every team was ranging between terrible and mediocre at best. Only knock I guess you could say is that he's been a short timer before coming to UM and some would say he wears out his welcome quickly. Other guys like Saban and Bellichick that are unanimously in the GOAT talks, have clearly struggled when they aren't in ideal conditions tbh
    jimmy

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    oh yeah that’s a good one, forget about him tbh

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Jimmy Johnson? He didn't exactly kill it at Oklahoma St and he had Barry.

He also had Marino at Miami. I think college level you have to be able to be a bad ass recruiter and have to almost micromanage your staff.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Jimmy was definitely pre-Barry at Okie State, but yeah his stint there isn’t all that memorable. Although it was still overall a step up for the program. Seems like he set the table pretty well before heading to Miami.

His Dolphins run is really the one true negative on his resume, as you could tell he wasn’t fully committed like he was in Dallas. He just put in the requisite amount of time, and then spent the rest of his day chilling on his boat with a Heineken.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Ah yeah Jimmy was already gone when Barry was there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The King is dead
    Long live the King

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Saban rather quit than coach that QB another season

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Respect for retiring while still seemingly in his coaching prime and after one of his better coaching seasons with a younger, less experienced team. As opposed to waiting for the game to really pass him by and the fanbase calling for his head.

Still, F Bama. I hope they go into a hole for a decade.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sark to the Tide?
    Could be a thing

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sark to the Tide?
    Could be a thing
    Why would he do that? Texas is headed to the SEC next year with the number three recruiting class in the nation. And Arch Manning. He isn't going anywhere

Post Count
    Sark to the Tide?
    Could be a thing
    I doubt it. I think he prefers Austin. Besides, what is there that he really doesn't have at Texas?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well I stirred the pot after reading an article that listed him as one of few being considered.
    Why would he? Bama has a better more successful program and he used to be there?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Florida State Hit With Costly Sanctions Due To NIL Violations By NCAA

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sark to the Tide?
    Could be a thing
    Sanders as well has emerged today.

Though, I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with him.

I can't imagine Sark moving after 10-3.

I would take Urban Myer...faster than a rabbit gets ed.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    me. Up in Washington State, that Debore fellow.

The days of wine & roses has come to an end. A barren wast land is before us.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Bama's new coach Kalen DeBoer - closest he's coached to the South is... Indiana

This might be a disaster.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well I stirred the pot after reading an article that listed him as one of few being considered.
    Why would he? Bama has a better more successful program and he used to be there?
    Read about his family and his wife now.
    No way his wife is going to Tuscaloosa.
    California, bigger cities yes. Austin yes.

Sark is basically West Coast. The closest thing to the West Coast in the SEC is Austin.

Well its done. Sark used the list he was on for bargaining the biggest contract for any UT coach.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bama's new coach Kalen DeBoer - closest he's coached to the South is... Indiana
    This might be a disaster.
    In YOUR mind, who would definitely NOT be a disaster after Saban.
    This guy is a damn good coach. If the South cant handle him, thats their fault.
    Will he have Sabin success, especially after UT and Oklahoma enter, no way. No one is gonna win NC at the rate Saban has.

Milk and Toast post by the king of cold...

Thread Information