Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone been to Joe Rogan's comedy bar out in ATX? I went this past Thursday night and it was pretty damn good. I went for "Joe Rogan and Friends" night which included a couple people I didn't know of, 1 was good the other sucked, and 3 others I did know of (Kill)Tony, Ron White, & Rogan.

I don't know if 90% of ST users could handle their non-woke comedy but it's worth a shot. Fun times and not so pricey either. Got there early and got seated in some amazing seats.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    $8 Liquid Death when you ask for water is kinda weak. I saw Ari there with my lady on the guest list, it was a good time. I prefer the Creek and Cave, it's a better experience for the crowd, but no doubt the Mothership is a better hang for comedians. I wouldn't say the comedy there is any more non woke than any other place I have seen comedy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    $8 Liquid Death when you ask for water is kinda weak. I saw Ari there with my lady on the guest list, it was a good time. I prefer the Creek and Cave, it's a better experience for the crowd, but no doubt the Mothership is a better hang for comedians. I wouldn't say the comedy there is any more non woke than any other place I have seen comedy.
    Oh man you're so right about that ty LD water. I made the mistake of ordering one when I simply said, "water and coffee", since I don't drink alcohol.

I would've loved to see Ari. Lucky you!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh man you're so right about that ty LD water. I made the mistake of ordering one when I simply said, "water and coffee", since I don't drink alcohol.

I would've loved to see Ari. Lucky you!
    My gf has been friends with he and Redban for 20 years or so, so we can always get in free if needed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My gf has been friends with he and Redban for 20 years or so, so we can always get in free if needed.
    That's awesome!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw Bryan Callen at the LOL last Friday. Was a pretty good show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw Bryan Callen at the LOL last Friday. Was a pretty good show.
    I didn't even know he was in town. I know he lives out here in TX though.

I love stand-up comedy but never really attended a show until last week. I saw Steve-O at the LOL but I wouldn't consider him a stand-up comic even though he had the place dying with his coke stories about Lohan and other celebs.

I want to see more of Tony Hinchcliffe. That dude was hilarious and didn't give 1 about what he said which is refreshing.

Rogan was funny by pointing out the obvious and asking the crowd to be logical when it comes to trans. It was a "you had to be there" moment though.

On a side note, I don't know if it was just because it was a Thursday but ATX isn't as bad as I thought it would be these days since I haven't visited in years and heard it's a hole now. It looked and felt the same as it did when I was much younger but again I didn't explore the city so I might've missed the influx of homeless and what not. I'm looking forward to visiting ATX in the near future again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Who would y’all recommend following or going down the YT rabbit hole for stand-up now? We were so spoiled with Norm and Patrice and I still go back to those wells weekly, but other than Chappelle and a few others I haven’t followed much of anything recent

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who would y’all recommend following or going down the YT rabbit hole for stand-up now? We were so spoiled with Norm and Patrice and I still go back to those wells weekly, but other than Chappelle and a few others I haven’t followed much of anything recent
    I'm with you DD, I rewatch a lot of the oldies; Patrice being in constant rotation. Patrice was TopG before BottomG hit the scene.

Nowadays it's basically the same but I want to see them in person if I can. Joey Diaz is still around and still raw af!

Off the top of my head I can't name a "new" comic, other than "the best upcoming new comic Tony Hinchcliffe" (), so I'll have to think about it and come back to this thread.

Who else besides Patrice, Norm, and Chappelle do you like?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who would y’all recommend following or going down the YT rabbit hole for stand-up now?
    I can't believe I didn't name this dude I found during 2020 and he's blown up huge! Andrew Schulz is his name and he's insanely funny stand-up or podcast(s).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I'm with you DD, I rewatch a lot of the oldies; Patrice being in constant rotation. Patrice was TopG before BottomG hit the scene.

Nowadays it's basically the same but I want to see them in person if I can. Joey Diaz is still around and still raw af!

Off the top of my head I can't name a "new" comic, other than "the best upcoming new comic Tony Hinchcliffe" (), so I'll have to think about it and come back to this thread.

Who else besides Patrice, Norm, and Chappelle do you like?
    Mate I’m so out of the loop on comedy the last 7-8 years that I’d probably just name more older acts like Stanhope, Birbiglia or other guys that I’m not even sure perform anymore…or more dead guys

Those 3 above are my holy trinity, though. Not just for stand up, but their appearances in literally anything and everything. There’s never a wasted moment

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mate I’m so out of the loop on comedy the last 7-8 years that I’d probably just name more older acts like Stanhope, Birbiglia or other guys that I’m not even sure perform anymore…or more dead guys

Those 3 above are my holy trinity, though. Not just for stand up, but their appearances in literally anything and everything. There’s never a wasted moment
    Love Dug Stanhope! Dude looks so different now with his faux hawk these days. Birbiglia's a funny dude too.

You like Bill Hicks at all? Dead now but still worth a listen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Love Dug Stanhope! Dude looks so different now with his faux hawk these days. Birbiglia's a funny dude too.

You like Bill Hicks at all? Dead now but still worth a listen.
    Yeah, love goat boy

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    On r/standupcomedy you can find some good stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw Jordan Jensen and Nick Mullen recently, they were great. I like Joe List too, he just put out another YouTube special. Jensen has a 30 min YouTube out soon, and Kurt Metzger just released a 30 minute special as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw Jordan Jensen and Nick Mullen recently, they were great. I like Joe List too, he just put out another YouTube special. Jensen has a 30 min YouTube out soon, and Kurt Metzger just released a 30 minute special as well.
    I'm going to check them all out this weekend. Thanks for the list!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Been binging Patrice the past week and he is up in the top 5 for sure. Too bad he isn't around any longer.

Chris Porter's first special, in his hippie looking days, is an awesome special to catch. I'd guess you could catch it on YT but not quite sure about that.

Thread Information