Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's early in his first training camp and it seems the team isn't forcing anything for Victor, he's being treated like any other rookie or newcomer. I don't see any focus on jamming it in to him or setting anything special up. My guess is they're getting him to learn the overall system on both sides and go from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Zach looks jacked in this video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin looked amazing. Wemby is a sneaky good passer and just a huge presence on the floor tbh. Dovanta can get buckets. Barlow is a great offensive rebounder and has big upside. Zach Collins looks like he may have his best year in the pros tbh. Lots to get excited about. :-)
    And Sochan and KJ weren't even out there. Also, Champagnie has a lot of potential too. Almost forgot, Cedi's stroke looks nice too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait for year 2 Sidy tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin didnt really show anything that’s different from last year tbh. I was hoping he would showoff his newfound strength but most of his shots were catch and shoot 3’s. It’s great that he made so many, but so did Bryn Forbes. I hope he shows something else during the preseason games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this is true and I don't know what game you were watching.
    Not sure if serious, or just an attempt at attention but I'll humor this.
    His passes always came after he got stiffled, which was pretty much most of the time he dribbled. His drives weren't with his teammates in mind and quite a few times his off-ball motion was contradictory to the ball handler and he wasnt aware of drawing help defense to his own teammates. It's selfish player habits. He may not understand that yet, and that's fine because you know..he's a kid. It doesn't change what that type of play is. I'm sure he'll work on fixing it.
    He was constantly walking down with the main ball handler looking for the ball instead of going to a position. When he would, he would do a lot of ball watching and standing straight up. He stood at the inbound several times instead of running the floor to get position. The play after he came back in the 4th, he sprinted to his spot instead of waiting for the ball at inbound. I expected this, and he was being blatant about waiting for the ball instead of moving. The announcers pointed out that he was coming back in. He clearly got some quick advice.
    The plays before he got subbed out in the 4th, he had turned it over and shot a brick without passing. As soon as he was out the team moved the ball around and Ciss got an open rim layup. Once again, he probably doesn't see it that way as he's a kid. He will learn and get better. It doesn't change the scouting report.
    He looked very much like a teenager who hasn't had a lot of experience playing fundamental ball. Which is exactly what he is. He doesn't set up well on defense, he gets tunnel vision constantly, he trips up by not lining his body correctly on defense, on rebounds, and on screens. He runs to the wrong spots and looks lost quite a bit.
    That's okay. He's young and inexperienced. He'll get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin didnt really show anything that’s different from last year tbh. I was hoping he would showoff his newfound strength but most of his shots were catch and shoot 3’s. It’s great that he made so many, but so did Bryn Forbes. I hope he shows something else during the preseason games.
    Driving hard during a team scrimmgage seems like a bad idea. Barlow and Collins nearly got hurt for a hard drive and foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if serious, or just an attempt at attention but I'll humor this.
    His passes always came after he got stiffled, which was pretty much most of the time he dribbled. His drives weren't with his teammates in mind and quite a few times his off-ball motion was contradictory to the ball handler and he wasnt aware of drawing help defense to his own teammates. It's selfish player habits. He may not understand that yet, and that's fine because you know..he's a kid. It doesn't change what that type of play is. I'm sure he'll work on fixing it.
    He was constantly walking down with the main ball handler looking for the ball instead of going to a position. When he would, he would do a lot of ball watching and standing straight up. He stood at the inbound several times instead of running the floor to get position. The play after he came back in the 4th, he sprinted to his spot instead of waiting for the ball at inbound. I expected this, and he was being blatant about waiting for the ball instead of moving. The announcers pointed out that he was coming back in. He clearly got some quick advice.
    The plays before he got subbed out in the 4th, he had turned it over and shot a brick without passing. As soon as he was out the team moved the ball around and Ciss got an open rim layup. Once again, he probably doesn't see it that way as he's a kid. He will learn and get better. It doesn't change the scouting report.
    He looked very much like a teenager who hasn't had a lot of experience playing fundamental ball. Which is exactly what he is. He doesn't set up well on defense, he gets tunnel vision constantly, he trips up by not lining his body correctly on defense, on rebounds, and on screens. He runs to the wrong spots and looks lost quite a bit.
    That's okay. He's young and inexperienced. He'll get better.
    Again, I have no idea what game you were watching. He's clearly learning the sets with a team where everyone knows them already. He also attempted a good number of passes. His teammates took shots when they were open and he did, too. Maybe try to watch it again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I have no idea what game you were watching. He's clearly learning the sets with a team where everyone knows them already. He also attempted a good number of passes. His teammates took shots when they were open and he did, too. Maybe try to watch it again?
    He's clearly learning the sets. So it's clear he doesn't know them. Its clear he's young and inexperienced.

We clearly watched the same game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the most excited I've been to watch a Spurs season since like 2015. The team probably won't be great but there's so much talent that will be fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Zach looks jacked in this video
    Collins looks like Rambo with those headban . Ripped. He’s ready to battle. Like Pop said, I expect him to be the enforcer out there. I’m sure fans of opposing teams would like to hate him. I’m glad he’s on our team. That’s my criticism with Poeltl. As big as be is and very capable, he doesn’t seem to like to engage or if ever, it’s not every time unless Pop put a fire on his butt. Collins, he’s willing to do the dirty work. Like he said, he only got one gear - nasty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy….. let him play pg in the g league this year is my wish! He competes and is aggressive as !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a really deep team. It'll be a challenge to figure out who to play and when. Lots of different skill-sets, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no clue how anyone could take anything from that. it was just a glorified around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no clue how anyone could take anything from that. it was just a glorified around.
    Yeah, it looked like an organise pick up game at the local gym.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't tell monkey boy that. Dude's ready to write off half the team's career after that scrimmage.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach and Vassell are the best performers in the scrimmage.

Zach looked like a all rounder with range and toughness inside the paint.

Vassell's stroke looked smooth. Look like his training with KD helped him.

Wemby's strides are long and if he can assert himself with strength, he should be able to draw fouls consistently.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby had a few moments where he flashed the skills and potential that will make him great. The good things he does are jaw dropping.
    He also showed that he is extremely raw and has little idea what to do.
    Additionally, I’m concerned that his defensive impact will be limited by playing the 4 this year.
    It is going to be a lot of trial and error and learning before he truly starts to put it together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby had a few moments where he flashed the skills and potential that will make him great. The good things he does are jaw dropping.
    Additionally, I’m concerned that his defensive impact will be limited by playing the 4 this year.
    It is going to be a lot of trial and error and learning before he truly starts to put it together.
    I agree that putting him at the 4 may limit his impact, but hopefully will also prevent him from taking a beating and getting bullied by the bulkier players while he is still just getting his feet under him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the 3 point line, it’s about 2.5 steps to the rim. In addition, he won’t have to be at the 3 point line to defend 3 pointers. He can practically be in the lane,and still close out. Defense is the last thing you should worry about. He very well might knock DeJounte out of the spot as youngest All D selection ever.

Thread Information