Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum, should it take hold....will be much bigger than the political forum

I only do this once every 20 years when i see a need

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IBM

This legacy tech company is an integrated provider of hardware, software, and services to large enterprise customers. Its mainframe computer systems are still ubiquitous in certain industries, and it regularly signs multi-year technology deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars each.

IBM’s strategy with AI is to apply the technology in ways that augment human intelligence, increase efficiency, or lower costs. In the healthcare industry, IBM’s AI technology is being used to create individualized care plans, accelerate the process of bringing new drugs to market, and improve the quality of care, though it sold off its Watson Health business in early 2022. In the financial services industry, via the company’s 2016 acquisition of Promontory Financial Group, IBM is using AI to help clients with the daunting task of financial regulatory compliance.

While the market for AI products and services is fragmented, IBM is leading the industry. Market research firm IDC ranked IBM as the leader in AI software platforms with a 13.7% market share in 2020, up 46% from the prior year.

IBM is a complicated company undergoing transformation, and AI is far from its only growth opportunity. But if you’re looking to invest in a company that is well-positioned to benefit from the AI boom, IBM is a good choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indian Bank Partners with IBM to Boost Scalability and Agility
    IBM's proposed solution for Indian Bank includes a hybrid cloud approach for all AIX workloads, aimed at boosting agility

IBM today announced that it has collaborated with Indian Bank, a premier public sector bank, to accelerate its modernization path with flexible and secure compute infrastructure for deploying new front-end banking applications, while addressing the business growth of the Core Banking Solution (CBS) workloads for the bank.

The key objective of this partnership is to achieve greater agility, scalability, and security to meet the bank’s growth requirements in today’s dynamic and hyper-compe ive market.

With over 100 million customers and a vast network of 5,798 branches spanning India and overseas, Indian Bank as part of their ambitious “Project PARADISE”, sought to consolidate their Front Branch Servers for improved manageability and availability at their Data Centres (DC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) centres. Additionally, Indian Bank aims to run its Core Banking Solution (CBS) workloads on the latest generation of IBM Power® servers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IBM’s CEO, who froze hiring for thousands of back-office jobs and predicted A.I. would take up to 50% of new jobs, just piled into a $4.5 billion tech unicorn’s massive new $235 million funding round

https://fortune.com/2023/08/28/ibm-c...face-series-d/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BM rolled out its newest mainframe, the z16, in April, which helped boost z Systems revenue by 16% year over year, contributing to $4.5 in the infrastructure segment’s quarterly revenues.

Yet z16 performance was a footnote in what CEO Arvind Krishna characterized as “the first full year of the new IBM,” during the earnings call.

“Hybrid cloud and AI are the two most transformative technologies for business today,” Krishna said, highlighting IBM’s expanded partnership with AWS, the growth of its revamped partnership program and its focus on AI, automation and data solutions for industry cloud applications.

Krishna, who rose to CEO in April 2020, has tried to make IBM more focused and leaner, Arun Chandrasekaran, distinguished VP analyst at Gartner, told CIO Dive.

The company has made more than 20 consulting and software acquisitions over the last two years, Chandrasekaran said, in part to dispel the perception that its consulting business was merely an extension of IBM products.

“If you want to be a successful consulting company, you need to be vendor neutral,” Chandrasekaran said.

IBM spun off its infrastructure services division Kyndryl in November 2021 and Watson Health in January. The company announced it was laying off 3,900 workers Wednesday as a result of those dives ures.

During the earnings call, Kavanaugh announced another cost-saving measure. “Due to advances in technology, we are making an accounting change to extend the useful life of our server and networking equipment effective the first of January,” Kavanaugh said.

Microsoft made a similar move in July for projected savings of $3.7 billion. IBM expects to bank $200 million over the next year, according to Kavanaugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IBM Signs Strategic Collaboration Agreement with Amazon Web Services to Deliver IBM Software as-a-Service on AWS

BM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it has signed a Strategic Collaboration Agreement (SCA) with Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), with plans to offer a broad array of its software catalog as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) on AWS.

Building on IBM Software being available as-a-Service (aaS) on IBM Cloud, this first-of-its-kind agreement between IBM and AWS will provide clients with quick and easy access to IBM Software that spans automation, data and AI, security and sustainability capabilities, is built on Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA), and runs cloud-native on AWS. The two companies are also committing to a broad range of joint investments to make it easier for clients to consume IBM Software on AWS, including integrated go-to-market activities across sales and marketing, channel incentives, developer enablement and training, and solution development for key verticals and industries such as Oil and Gas, Travel and Transportation, and others.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum, should it take hold....will be much bigger than the political forum

I only do this once every 20 years when i see a need
    There is no need for spamming this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no need for spamming this forum
    nobody is spamming this board, but it's ok to spam other people's threads?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is spamming this board, but it's ok to spam other people's threads?
    Rapid firing 44 posts in a thread isn't spamming?

Thread Information