Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You San Antonio peeps and alumni had nothing to say about this? You disappointed me.
    I know what UTSA does.
    I do not know what the other teams in the conference do.
    Sometimes these things come down to matchups.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Is there any reason i should not pick UTSA to win?
    No.

Post Count
    Friday is going to be a great day of football. UTSA vs Tulane game on ABC will be worth watching.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Friday is going to be a great day of football. UTSA vs Tulane game on ABC will be worth watching.
    looking forward to it!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Birds mother ing Up! LFG!!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fifth turnover. Smh

Post Count
    Not going to win many games with that many turnovers and costly penalties.

Hopefully UTSA can at least win their first bowl game this season.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    29-16 with 5 turnovers. Damn!!! What could have been.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    runners have a tendency to play poorly at the worst times. i sure hope that they can play a clean bowl game and finally get past that hurdle.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Trey Moore is gone................

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Trey Moore is gone................
    This one hurts more than Zakhari. He was local and would've been given #0 next season. Sucks that with NIL we are just the minors for the big P5 schools now

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This one hurts more than Zakhari. He was local and would've been given #0 next season. Sucks that with NIL we are just the minors for the big P5 schools now
    Need HEB to step up and put these guys in commercials like they do with Spurs and Astros

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Need HEB to step up and put these guys in commercials like they do with Spurs and Astros
    NIL is actually really solid at UTSA for a G5. But if a big SEC school wants someone like Trey I don't think there's any way to stop them, tbh.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    NIL is actually really solid at UTSA for a G5. But if a big SEC school wants someone like Trey I don't think there's any way to stop them, tbh.
    UT really likes him. Just waiting to see if bigger fish come. There is a defensive end from Fl. St. who is also in the portal which is a bit ironic as Fl. St. was one of the most effective teams in building themselves through the portal. And this player from Fl St. is also excellent. And there will be more.

This is becoming a bit like soccer. Except the team (club; UTSA in this instance) does not get compensated for doing a great job in finding and coaching him. Not all of them work out great for the player but in this case I think the kid is gonna get compensated and get more exposure for the draft.
    Another instance showing that college sports are not fair, and never have been fair when acquiring a team. And making big bowl games, or now, the playoffs.

And then the $ exposure for being big popular schools. In soccer getting on a team that is Champions league worthy is huge for the player to aspire to. And these are the most popular teams in the world with the most money. Real Madrid, Barcelona, MU, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool, Juventus...

Good thing for UTSA is keeping the coach. I think other schools might be wary and are waiting to see how Traylor does without Frank Harris and the specialized offense that fit the QB so well. The other positive is that UTSA is located in very fertile grounds with a coach who knows the HS scene very, very well.

Post Count
    Yeah, UTSA really needs those corporate sponsors to fund NIL. It doesn't have a super deep and rich alumni base, but playing in a major media market has its benefits.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UT really likes him. Just waiting to see if bigger fish come. There is a defensive end from Fl. St. who is also in the portal which is a bit ironic as Fl. St. was one of the most effective teams in building themselves through the portal. And this player from Fl St. is also excellent. And there will be more.

This is becoming a bit like soccer. Except the team (club; UTSA in this instance) does not get compensated for doing a great job in finding and coaching him. Not all of them work out great for the player but in this case I think the kid is gonna get compensated and get more exposure for the draft.
    Another instance showing that college sports are not fair, and never have been fair when acquiring a team. And making big bowl games, or now, the playoffs.

And then the $ exposure for being big popular schools. In soccer getting on a team that is Champions league worthy is huge for the player to aspire to. And these are the most popular teams in the world with the most money. Real Madrid, Barcelona, MU, Man City, Bayern, Liverpool, Juventus...

Good thing for UTSA is keeping the coach. I think other schools might be wary and are waiting to see how Traylor does without Frank Harris and the specialized offense that fit the QB so well. The other positive is that UTSA is located in very fertile grounds with a coach who knows the HS scene very, very well.
    I figured UT was a likely landing spot for him.

It really is a ed up system. Not only do the big schools already get the obvious high end recruits out of high school...but now they can just buy the guys they missed on/were developed by a smaller program. That's some rigged ass . I care more about CFB than the NFL but no league in any sport can compete with the parity in the NFL. It's perfect.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

It really is a ed up system. Not only do the big schools already get the obvious high end recruits out of high school...but now they can just buy the guys they missed on/were developed by a smaller program. That's some rigged ass . I care more about CFB than the NFL but no league in any sport can compete with the parity in the NFL. It's perfect.
    When NIL got wed to the portal I said either accept that’s is even more unfair and just enjoy all the interesting changes or quit watching or caring.

I chose the former. And I am a 4th generation UT grad. So it was not nearly as difficult as it would be for others.
    I badly want UTSA to be a good school of choice and have good sports programs because I really like San Antonio.
    UTSA is very important to San Antonio imo. Clearly my 2nd team. Honestly I would rather he stay at UTSA, but if he wants to leave it’s understandable from a $ point of view. So if he leaves to UT that’s easier for me. Pay him.

btw I read he was accepted into some really good schools, Ivy League type. Having a kid care about school, it’s much easier to like these types. I do not like that it hurts UTSA. He has a very good reputation apparently.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One prognosticator Crystal balled him to UT.
    Thats really quick. Too quick.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-07-2023 at 10:04 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    When NIL got wed to the portal I said either accept that’s is even more unfair and just enjoy all the interesting changes or quit watching or caring.

I chose the former. And I am a 4th generation UT grad. So it was not nearly as difficult as it would be for others.
    I badly want UTSA to be a good school of choice and have good sports programs because I really like San Antonio.
    UTSA is very important to San Antonio imo. Clearly my 2nd team. Honestly I would rather he stay at UTSA, but if he wants to leave it’s understandable from a $ point of view. So if he leaves to UT that’s easier for me. Pay him.

btw I read he was accepted into some really good schools, Ivy League type. Having a kid care about school, it’s much easier to like these types. I do not like that it hurts UTSA. He has a very good reputation apparently.
    Tbh if I look at the big picture we've actually been kinda spoiled at UTSA. Zakhari Franklin last year was the first major contributor to enter the portal...and it didn't even feel like that big of a deal bc at the time UTSA had three legitimate #1 WRs. Trey is the second. But aside from that any other portal entrants have been reserves that are looking for playing time. They usually end up transferring down.

Then you look at UNT who had a Top 20 offense under Eric Morris and they've had like 9 out of the 11 offensive starters enter the portal. That includes a 3k yard QB, 1k receiver, 1k RB. They've been completely gutted and they've had plenty of carnage in previous years too. Speaks volumes about the culture Traylor has built, tbh.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    One prognosticator Crystal balled him to UT.
    Thats really quick. Too quick.
    He had probably already been tampered with. Traylor complained about guys being contacted days before the portal opened. There's no way to regulate it though.

I guess the next best thing to keeping him would be seeing him stay in state.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He had probably already been tampered with. Traylor complained about guys being contacted days before the portal opened. There's no way to regulate it though.

I guess the next best thing to keeping him would be seeing him stay in state.
    Being recruited by all big schools now.
    Visited UT, next visit Ohio St. Maybe more to come.
    Edges who already proved themselves on the field ((and on film apparently look outstanding) are very valuable.
    As an example: There are loads of good WR. Lots of choices. Not such a big deal if you miss one.

There are so many ways to tamper through unofficial channels… I don’t know how to control it either. I guess you have to know much more than we do. All the agents, individual position coaches who are unaffiliated with any school, uncles…a mess most likely. AAU and shoe companies in basketball…. also a mess.
    Just route them to the right booster group or big company advertising guys with ties to a school.

edit

Alabama also lined up for visit apparently. There are no secrets. He plays at a critical position.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-12-2023 at 10:12 AM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Damn. I knew he was good but still kinda cool to see him getting courted by the absolute elites. I really hope he balls out wherever he ends up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

it's pretty simple. more subdivisions should be created so that uncompe ive programs like UTSA don't exist to merely be doormats. it's like expecting a bunch of 2A highschools to compete with 6A schools. not happening.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    it's pretty simple. more subdivisions should be created so that uncompe ive programs like UTSA don't exist to merely be doormats. it's like expecting a bunch of 2A highschools to compete with 6A schools. not happening.
    stfu got

Thread Information