Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol wtf stadium was that for the "Frisco Bowl"? A converted soccer field?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I will say once McCown settled in I liked his game.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I also thought it was the way Marshall used Pennington. I thought he was a decent passer yet they kept going wildcat. Their coaching staff also made some weird calls like not going for it on 4th and 2 in the second half and then missing the FG.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lets also add some more perspective

so far UTSAs record against P5 programs (with the exception of texas last year, they have been playing solely against mid-to-low tier programs among those conferences, such as baylor, okst, aggie, az st...)

2-18

the two wins being against

2017 baylor (1-11 team rofl)
    2021 illinois (5-7 team)

so id say im being very positive in saying they are a middle of pack program at best. im legit not trying to troll or anything.

.........thanks for the update. Funny this coming from a UT supporter of a football program 200yrs old which has been ty for the last dozen years until now.

Also, NO UTSA will never be a UT, Bama, Michigan or OSU. We will always remain 200yrs in the hole compared to when those programs started. BUT!!! We will get better though. UTSA might steal a P5 win or two along the way, which I am fine with. Just keep winning the G5 conference we are in and I am also fine with that.

Merry Christmas and a 210 Birds Up New Year!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    .........thanks for the update. Funny this coming from a UT supporter of a football program 200yrs old which has been ty for the last dozen years until now.

Also, NO UTSA will never be a UT, Bama, Michigan or OSU. We will always remain 200yrs in the hole compared to when those programs started. BUT!!! We will get better though. UTSA might steal a P5 win or two along the way, which I am fine with. Just keep winning the G5 conference we are in and I am also fine with that.

Merry Christmas and a 210 Birds Up New Year!!!!!
    exactly what I've said all along. middle of the pack at best. not sure why that triggered you choderunner fans so much.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    it sucked seeing Wisdom go down in his last game.....he has been a joy to watch for almost the last decade.....I hope he can make it to the NFL, if that is his goal. It would be awesome to have another Judson Rocket in the League.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    exactly what I've said all along. middle of the pack at best. not sure why that triggered you choderunner fans so much.

We are true fans marthafawker.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We are true fans marthafawker.
    yes you are. enjoy the win over marshall.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    utsa fans cap students who couldnt get into the flagship

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The only place you got into was prison.
    fkn perv…

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    yes you are. enjoy the win over marshall.

Thanks brutha........Good luck to the Horns!!!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Doesnt matter where you go, as long as you do well and make good grades. I thought a BYU would know that by now. Also, noone gives a about UT nor BYU of all schools. Bunch a weirdos up in Utah. Yall introduce your wife and daughter and there is only one girl standing there.

2020..............BYU ranked #11 beat UTSA at home 27-20. OMG!!!! What a powerhouse BYU is. gtmffooh BYU football began in 1922, 101 yrs ago. UTSA football began in 2011.
    Last edited by lebomb; 12-21-2023 at 08:29 AM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    The only place you got into was prison.
    fkn perv…
    prison got me a degree from college fully paid by the government............

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Its great you got your degree, but how you got it..............not so much.

210! Birds Up!!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So your degree taught you how to use basketball forums to drum up clients for anal sex?
    You still need to get some things figured out. I really don’t wish ill upon anyone. There are other venues to satisfy cravings I would think.
    Im not the site cop but cmon man…. Don’t abuse the liberties given on this site.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And you learned survival skills in the shower. Win win

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Lol what benefits is there for you as a fan if they moved to a P5 just to be a doormat every year?
    I don't think they would be a doormat? Would probably take a few years for the influx of media money/improved recruiting to get them up to par. But after that transition period there's no program in the Big 12 I look at that I'm like "yeah UTSA can never dream of reaching their level". The blue bloods you could say that about have left.

An undefeated conference USA school should be ahead of a one loss AAC school. And if a CUSA school has more impressive non conference wins than an undefeated AAC school, they're probably in.
    I don't know why y'all talk when you don't even follow these conferences enough to form an informed opinion.

Tulane was a one loss team going into conference championship week and was ahead of undefeated Liberty. If they would've beat SMU they would've gotten the NY6 bid. That undefeated Liberty team barely managed to get it over a two loss SMU. I know yall think all G5 conferences are the same but there's tiers at this level too. Media contracts, athletic budgets, coaching salaries, recruiting rankings. The AAC is clearly a notch above the rest. The conference has also gotten that NY6 bid like 7 out of 10 times IIRC. That 12th seed will go to the AAC champ more times than not. So yes, UTSA has more than a 1% chance of reaching the playoff.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    oh so basically everything they do is middle of the pack among fbs at best. exactly what I've been saying all along. thanks for confirming
    You called them uncompe ive, fool. When in reality, relative to their peers/resources, they are elite.

I also never understood why cfb fans are such elitists. Every league in every sport has traditionally dominant teams. Like yeah, someone like UCF will likely never become a blue blood. But they can become a perennial Top 25 program that can make some noise in the playoffs from time to time. Why is that a bad thing or why do we want to exclude those type of teams? Isn't that the kind of that makes March Madness great? It's the same type of assholes that scoffed at TCU getting a playoff bid last year.

I don't think it's a shocker that they got around to winning a lousy conference. they are a Texas team, and carry the UT name. they were bound to occasionally have some decent seasons among some really bad ones too.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Look at the programs that started their programs from scratch at the same time as UTSA. Georgia State, South Alabama, Old Dominion. Or even Texas State, UTEP, or North Texas who had like 100 year head starts. None of them have even come close to sniffing the success UTSA has already had.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You called them uncompe ive, fool.
    middle of the pack at best, isnt really compe ive. if they created a lower subdivision where they had legit shots to win championships, then yes they would be quite compe ive.

When in reality, relative to their peers/resources, they are elite.
    which is why they belong in a lower subdivision. otherwise, they are simply not elite among their current subdivision.

I also never understood why cfb fans are such elitists. Every league in every sport has traditionally dominant teams. Like yeah, someone like UCF will likely never become a blue blood. But they can become a perennial Top 25 program that can make some noise in the playoffs from time to time. Why is that a bad thing or why do we want to exclude those type of teams? Isn't that the kind of that makes March Madness great? It's the same type of assholes that scoffed at TCU getting a playoff bid last year.
    no one is saying excluding teams that are perennial top 25 programs that can make some noise in the playoffs from time to time. just exclude the ones who generally have no chance at that at this point in time. like UTSA. and have a system that relegates bottom feeders to a lower subdivision, and promotes dominant programs to a higher subdivision from time to time (say once every 4-5 years). so if a program like UTSA dominates a lower subdivision for a few seasons, they can have a shot at competing against the top programs, and prove if they belong or not.

You don't know what you're talking about. Look at the programs that started their programs from scratch at the same time as UTSA. Georgia State, South Alabama, Old Dominion. Or even Texas State, UTEP, or North Texas who had like 100 year head starts. None of them have even come close to sniffing the success UTSA has already had.
    keep in mind you are talking about a university that is an offspring of UT (one of the biggest football programs ever), in the state of texas (biggest football state in america), in the city of San Antonio (7th most populated city in america), compared to smaller texas cities like denton or elpaso, or places like norfolk virginia, or mobile alabama

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    P5 fans are adorable

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If UTSA had a good basketball program they’d be in the Big XII already. For example, U of H is in the Big XII mainly because of basketball, their football team is never going to be good enough to compete. However, as UTSA continues to build they are going to have to draw in more local vendorship and endorsements.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    If UTSA had a good basketball program they’d be in the Big XII already. For example, U of H is in the Big XII mainly because of basketball, their football team is never going to be good enough to compete. However, as UTSA continues to build they are going to have to draw in more local vendorship and endorsements.
    100% in agreement with your comments. Finally someone that makes a legit response.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    their football team is never going to be good enough to compete.
    100% in agreement with your comments. Finally someone that makes a legit response.
    glad you see it

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    glad you see it
    I didn’t Agee with that first comment. You threw that shiat in there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I didn’t Agee with that first comment. You threw that shiat in there.
    I didn't throw anything in, it's literally what he wrote. and you replied "100% in agreement"

Thread Information