Page 17 of 215 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 5372
  1. #401
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Post Count
    40,383
    Not a big fan of Collier after these highlights tbh... Not Spurs material imo

    https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/17...189182094?s=20


    PS: How do u insert a tweet guys?
    Go advanced. Little blue bird icon.

  2. #402
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    Not a big fan of Collier after these highlights tbh... Not Spurs material imo

    https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/17...189182094?s=20


    PS: How do u insert a tweet guys?
    DoD called him a little, worse rebounding Maggette.

  3. #403
    Veteran R. DeMurre's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Post Count
    3,585
    OKC and Orlando are the two teams with probably the best young core in the league. For both these teams, they had 2 seasons with less than 25 wins followed by a mediocre to bad season and this year they’re taking off. Spurs look like they’re following that trajectory with 2 horrible seasons last year and this year. Next year will probably be mediocre to bad with 30-40 wins, and then expect to take off 2025-2026 when Wemby will be *21*, or still younger than either Duncan or Robinson their rookie years.

    It's still mindboggling to me to think that Wemby won't be the same age as rookie Robinson until 2028.

  4. #404
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Post Count
    428
    DoD called him a little, worse rebounding Maggette.
    Dean's had some pretty bad misses (Anthony edwards, nurkic, possibly the thompson twins, Giddey) and has some pretty wild takes, but when he does a deep dive like this on a prospect whether hyping them up or trashing them, he's right more often than consensus. The dude called Barnes, Sengun, Suggs, and Wagner early as being better than consensus and had major questions about Cade, Kuminga, and Green, all of which have turned out to be correct. Last year his most focused takes were that he was higher than consensus on Brandon Miller and trashed Scoot big time. It's still early, but at the very least we can say that drafting Miller over Scoot maybe wasn't as crazy as everyone made it seem. If he's doing a deep dive on Collier and calling him a huge bust, it doesn't necessarily mean he's right, but I'd definitely look at Collier with an even more critical eye. I also like the part where Ivey's catching some strays in the article, partially explains why the spurs haven't been too keen to trade for him.

  5. #405
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    Dean's had some pretty bad misses (Anthony edwards, nurkic, possibly the thompson twins, Giddey) and has some pretty wild takes, but when he does a deep dive like this on a prospect whether hyping them up or trashing them, he's right more often than consensus. The dude called Barnes, Sengun, Suggs, and Wagner early as being better than consensus and had major questions about Cade, Kuminga, and Green, all of which have turned out to be correct. Last year his most focused takes were that he was higher than consensus on Brandon Miller and trashed Scoot big time. It's still early, but at the very least we can say that drafting Miller over Scoot maybe wasn't as crazy as everyone made it seem. If he's doing a deep dive on Collier and calling him a huge bust, it doesn't necessarily mean he's right, but I'd definitely look at Collier with an even more critical eye. I also like the part where Ivey's catching some strays in the article, partially explains why the spurs haven't been too keen to trade for him.
    It may be too early to call that one a miss. He had good progress in year two, but slid back this year across the board, even before pussy-gate.

  6. #406
    Veteran scott's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Post Count
    12,107
    In the history of the current lottery odds, from 2019 to now, the lowest team to jump into the top 4 was New Orleans at #7.

    How many times did you run the TaT simulator to get that result? And did you run it more to see if it would occur again? Just pulling that result once doesn't make it likely to happen in the lottery. Run it a hundred times, track it, and get back to us with the results. Then, realize that on drawing day, they don't run it a hundred times.
    You realize, running it a hundred times isn't necessary right? You do know how odds work? You also realize that despite the 1-in-292-million odds, someone still eventually wins Powerball, right?

  7. #407
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    You realize, running it a hundred times isn't necessary right? You do know how odds work? You also realize that despite the 1-in-292-million odds, someone still eventually wins Powerball, right?
    Right, but his position seems to be that it was likely. It isn't. I admit the possibility, but it's a real longshot. It's even longer if you take the odds of them keeping the pick for all 3 years. There's just a mindset here that Toronto is probably going to keep the pick. The odds are 83% that they don't, and that doesn't scream 'probably' to me.

  8. #408
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Post Count
    8,394
    People need to understand that if the Raptors start to really start to tank at end of season so will all the other teams that are 1 to 10.

  9. #409
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Post Count
    1,694
    Not a big fan of Collier after these highlights tbh... Not Spurs material imo

    https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/17...189182094?s=20


    PS: How do u insert a tweet guys?
    he looks slow and not interested in defending

  10. #410
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    People need to understand that if the Raptors start to really start to tank at end of season so will all the other teams that are 1 to 10.
    Yup. They'll be so far behind, they likely won't crack the bottom 7-8.

  11. #411
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Post Count
    428
    People need to understand that if the Raptors start to really start to tank at end of season so will all the other teams that are 1 to 10.
    tanking at the end of the season is a dangerous game for sure. Blazers were a game under .500 last year with 25 games left to go and started sitting players. They ended up with the 5th worst odds, which would have given them a 65% chance of a top 6 pick. So it's definitely possible, but it's risky as there was a 35% chance that even if you tank successfully that you end up losing the pick. Also, I think that the Raptors' roster is good enough that they would probably not tank as successfully as the Blazers

  12. #412
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Post Count
    10,785
    In the history of the current lottery odds, from 2019 to now, the lowest team to jump into the top 4 was New Orleans at #7.

    How many times did you run the TaT simulator to get that result? And did you run it more to see if it would occur again? Just pulling that result once doesn't make it likely to happen in the lottery. Run it a hundred times, track it, and get back to us with the results. Then, realize that on drawing day, they don't run it a hundred times.
    I ran it one time and got that result and my position is not that it is the likely result but it is a possible result.

  13. #413
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Post Count
    10,785
    People need to understand that if the Raptors start to really start to tank at end of season so will all the other teams that are 1 to 10.
    The tanking won't be as bad as last year. There is no Wemby prize this year.

    Toronto has incentive to get into the bottom five and keep their pick. They will kick the can having to pay the spurs their pick for another year at least.

  14. #414
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Post Count
    10,785
    tanking at the end of the season is a dangerous game for sure. Blazers were a game under .500 last year with 25 games left to go and started sitting players. They ended up with the 5th worst odds, which would have given them a 65% chance of a top 6 pick. So it's definitely possible, but it's risky as there was a 35% chance that even if you tank successfully that you end up losing the pick. Also, I think that the Raptors' roster is good enough that they would probably not tank as successfully as the Blazers
    They sure can tank. They can sit their players like Portland did and even trade away for future draft picks like the spurs did last year.

  15. #415
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Post Count
    10,785
    Yup. They'll be so far behind, they likely won't crack the bottom 7-8.
    You also thought Charlotte was going to make the playoffs. I remember disagreeing with you on that.

  16. #416
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Post Count
    729
    I was happy Malaki was being subbed out then I saw doug come in

  17. #417
    Veteran scott's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Post Count
    12,107
    Portland was 10th in the west (and only 2.5 back of the #4 seed) at the trade deadline, which translated to the 12th worst record, and turned that into the 5th worst record. So the trade deadline is definitely not too late for Toronto to activate a tank.

  18. #418
    Spurs Sage Russ's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Post Count
    9,124
    A guy named Cody Williams (6'8" 19 yo freshman U. Colo.) has suddenly ascended to to No. 1 in the NBAdraft.net mock draft. Out of the blue.

    He looks like a Jabari Smith/Brandon Williams type based on a quick look.

    Not exactly the kind of player the Spurs most need imo. Any thoughts?

  19. #419
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    nbadraft.net tends towards sensationalism. He's shooting 60% from 3, but on a tiny sample 1.4 per game, and his FTs are at 67%, so you probably can't trust that 3% to hold up, or survive the jump to the nba.

  20. #420
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Post Count
    9,656
    Portland was 10th in the west (and only 2.5 back of the #4 seed) at the trade deadline, which translated to the 12th worst record, and turned that into the 5th worst record. So the trade deadline is definitely not too late for Toronto to activate a tank.
    There will likely be less compe ion for tanking this year too because there is no generational prospect available. All we can do for now is hope the Raptors win enough games to think they are actually in playoff contention past the trade deadline.

  21. #421
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    There will likely be less compe ion for tanking this year too because there is no generational prospect available. All we can do for now is hope the Raptors win enough games to think they are actually in playoff contention past the trade deadline.
    The thing is, they need to trade one or both of Siakam and OG, or risk losing them for nothing like they did Van Vleet. Both of them are unrestricted this summer. They have to do some sort of re-tooling, at least.

    They do seem to trend towards going for the playoffs, though. They have the last two years. One time, it paid off. One time, it didn't.

  22. #422
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    Dean's had some pretty bad misses (Anthony edwards, nurkic, possibly the thompson twins, Giddey) and has some pretty wild takes, but when he does a deep dive like this on a prospect whether hyping them up or trashing them, he's right more often than consensus. The dude called Barnes, Sengun, Suggs, and Wagner early as being better than consensus and had major questions about Cade, Kuminga, and Green, all of which have turned out to be correct. Last year his most focused takes were that he was higher than consensus on Brandon Miller and trashed Scoot big time. It's still early, but at the very least we can say that drafting Miller over Scoot maybe wasn't as crazy as everyone made it seem. If he's doing a deep dive on Collier and calling him a huge bust, it doesn't necessarily mean he's right, but I'd definitely look at Collier with an even more critical eye. I also like the part where Ivey's catching some strays in the article, partially explains why the spurs haven't been too keen to trade for him.
    The one thing I like about DoD is that he refuses to validate the HS/AAU hype if the guy doesn't perform one level up in college. If the player has a glaring flaw, or several, why on earth would you think those would be cured by going up a SECOND level to the NBA? Collier is a fantastic finisher, but he's a scattergun passer, and his shooting is sus. That's a bad one/two for a guard.

  23. #423
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Post Count
    8,394
    Bleacher Report just came out with a new mock where they have us picking Nikola Topic with the 2nd pick and then picking Ryan Dunn with the 10th pick. I am starting to lean more to picking Nikola as he just is such a great PG and is a player that could really bring out Wemby's potential on the offensive side. I go back and forth with Ryan Vs. Cody Williams but I kind of think with the new era of basketball if you can't be an offensive threat your not going to get much floor time.

  24. #424
    Spurs Sage Russ's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Post Count
    9,124
    Bleacher Report just came out with a new mock where they have us picking Nikola Topic with the 2nd pick and then picking Ryan Dunn with the 10th pick. I am starting to lean more to picking Nikola as he just is such a great PG and is a player that could really bring out Wemby's potential on the offensive side. I go back and forth with Ryan Vs. Cody Williams but I kind of think with the new era of basketball if you can't be an offensive threat your not going to get much floor time.
    I'd go Alexandre Sarr or Nikola Topic. (Subject to further study of course. )

  25. #425
    Veteran exstatic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    40,717
    Topić or Risacher would seem to be spursy players that they would be interested in.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 82 users browsing this thread. (20 members and 62 guests)

  1. Cardinal,
  2. Mr. Body,
  3. venitian navigator,
  4. edgar,
  5. RedAzSa,
  6. ss1986v2,
  7. sfernald,
  8. Mitch Cumsteen,
  9. vander,
  10. vy65,
  11. Seventyniner,
  12. TrainOfThought5,
  13. SpursGuy91,
  14. kyo7,
  15. KobesAchilles,
  16. heyheymymy,
  17. mikec,
  18. bpday31,
  19. K...,
  20. ambchang

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •