Page 172 of 244 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 6098
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least there's hope Buzelis can shoot since he was a good shooter in HS and maybe you can blame being on a trash G-League Ignite team for his percentage this season. So wouldn't mind using the Toronto pick on him if he's still there. Holland though no. And god I'd hate to take Topic with the Spurs own pick with how high risk he is with no jumpshot.
    there is also the concern that his injury is more serious, he was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks, it has been 12 now. IF he doesn't come back soon, I don't think that Topic will be taken in the top10.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is also the concern that his injury is more serious, he was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks, it has been 12 now. IF he doesn't come back soon, I don't think that Topic will be taken in the top10.
    I'm not wild about Topic. All the highlights I saw, he was just barreling in doing layups and not much else. How many successful NBA players do we see that just do lots of layups and play below the rim? Sochan has been a good example of what can happen to you when you play below the rim on offense, you get your packed frequently. Then you couple in that Topic is not a shooter, and he is not a fit at all for what we need and would be a disastrous pick. Now if he is the best lob thrower of all time, maybe I would stand corrected but I am not seeing it here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least there's hope Buzelis can shoot since he was a good shooter in HS and maybe you can blame being on a trash G-League Ignite team for his percentage this season. So wouldn't mind using the Toronto pick on him if he's still there. Holland though no. And god I'd hate to take Topic with the Spurs own pick with how high risk he is with no jumpshot.
    holland is the kind of guy you want to draft if you want to shoot for the stars and hope you get a legit #1 scorer who can also defend. but with the shooting and playmaking still lacking, just a very poor fit when looking at wemby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was projected 15th 1st round recently. His hype is raising
    I brought him up some time back as I was mainly following the B1G in college basketball. Noting that he was possibly available as late as round 2, I thought he would be an excellent bruiser to back up and pair with Wemby at times. I was met with "he's too slow", though I appreciated such in depth analysis.

One thing we should be considering is trading up or down as well, between our 1 or 2 first round picks and pick 33. Of course if I was another NBA team, I would be looking to give us ZERO HELP.

One last thing on Edey, I don't like this current style of chucking up lots of 3 pointers, even with a defender in your face. "That's today's NBA" just seems like some lazy BS to me. How about we just pound the living out of teams with Edey and Wemby inside, and make them adapt to us, not the other way around. That's how I think about it at least. Probably just a pipe dream though, for us to get Edey, but we do need another quality big to help Wemby that's for sure. Barlow can be useful, but he's a much more versatile defender than burly inside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I brought him up some time back as I was mainly following the B1G in college basketball. Noting that he was possibly available as late as round 2, I thought he would be an excellent bruiser to back up and pair with Wemby at times. I was met with "he's too slow", though I appreciated such in depth analysis.

One thing we should be considering is trading up or down as well, between our 1 or 2 first round picks and pick 33. Of course if I was another NBA team, I would be looking to give us ZERO HELP.

One last thing on Edey, I don't like this current style of chucking up lots of 3 pointers, even with a defender in your face. "That's today's NBA" just seems like some lazy BS to me. How about we just pound the living out of teams with Edey and Wemby inside, and make them adapt to us, not the other way around. That's how I think about it at least. Probably just a pipe dream though, for us to get Edey, but we do need another quality big to help Wemby that's for sure. Barlow can be useful, but he's a much more versatile defender than burly inside.

Ive just watched highlights of him tbh, don’t have a solid take on him, but the more it goes the less I’m sure of what are the priorities…

we definitely need some help inside for Wemby
    we 100% need shooters
    we 1000# need playmakers/passers
    champagnie can’t be starting at the 3

Its going to be fascinating summer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive just watched highlights of him tbh, don’t have a solid take on him, but the more it goes the less I’m sure of what are the priorities…

we definitely need some help inside for Wemby
    we 100% need shooters
    we 1000# need playmakers/passers
    champagnie can’t be starting at the 3

Its going to be fascinating summer
    Indeed! The knock on Edey aside from being slow will be he doesn't shoot from outside. I have not seen enough of him to know whether he has even a mid range jumper, pretty sure he sucks from 3 currently, but maybe he does not see a point to shooting 3s when he dominates the paint so easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey is just gonna have to settle for being the tallest Enterprise Rent-A-Car management trainee in history

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey is just gonna have to settle for being the tallest Enterprise Rent-A-Car management trainee in history
    Edey should go dominate in Europe since everyone says it’s the more physical league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey should go dominate in Europe since everyone says it’s the more physical league.
    Yup. He would do well there.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to really hope the Raptors pick doesn't convey this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to really hope the Raptors pick doesn't convey this year
    Why? That’s not smart. This could be the best position we might ever get for it. The last time they were in the lottery, they followed that up by being the six seed the next year, and their pick was number 20. I know this because they traded it to us for Thad Young, and we picked Malaki at 20. You want another #20 pick? I don’t.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? That’s not smart. This could be the best position we might ever get for it. The last time they were in the lottery, they followed that up by being the six seed the next year, and their pick was number 20. I know this because they traded it to us for Thad Young, and we picked Malaki at 20. You want another #20 pick? I don’t.
    They have pieces. Quickley Rj Scottie. I doubt they'll be 6th worth pick for the next 3 seasons. Also it seems highly unlikely that the balls wouldn't fall our way one of those years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick may not convey at all, so best to get it sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick may not convey at all, so best to get it sooner than later.
    There’s that, too. Every time it doesn’t convey, the overall odds of getting the pick drops. Someone did the math earlier in this thread.

My bottom line is that there’s no draft, in my mind, where it’s better to have a non lottery pick than #7 or #8 in a bad draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I quite like for Spurs Risacher, Cody Williams, Buzelis, Stephon Castle, Isaiah Collier, Devin Carter and Tidjane Salaün. Even if I'm not sold on his fit with Spurs, Dillingham is really talented, much more than Sheppard.

For Nikola Topic, I'm in wait and see mode.
    I have a feeling Cody Williams is exactly the type of player the Spurs will fall in love with and pick. There were all those rumblings about their interest in his brother two years ago, so I’m sure they got all their due diligence lined up on the family, the Air Force thing, temperament, etc.

Carter seems interesting now that I’ve seen him a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don’t want another pick #20. And I’m afraid pick #8 this year is a pick #20 in another year. Kind of hoping whether it conveys this year or not, we trade it for a player who can contribute. Let someone else roll the dice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey should go play whatever league milutinov was in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a solid scouting report on Sarr. I think he’s one of the more sure thing prospects in this draft full of uncertainty.

Sarr, yes Sarr!!

Believe.
    Post Count
    I was disappointed in what I saw of Cody Williams. I don't care about missed shots. Some nights the ball won't fall. I do care about lack of hustle. On offense, he found a spot and just camped out, possession after possession. There was no motion or movement. It would have been nice to see some off ball movement, some screen setting or whatever. A few of his teammates were setting screens and moving around.

For a potential top 5 pick, he leaves a lot to be desired.

Perfect Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Edey] is projected to go in the second round right now. This is probably one of the best 2nd rounds ever IMO and no one is really talking about it.
    Was thinking the same thing. 20-30 looks loaded and could spill over but the 2nd round proper has lots of interesting names too. Surely some of these names will pull up into the late first. Don't think KJ Simpson will stay a secret after that tourney game winning shot although he is older at 21 already going on 22 so maybe that will drop him?

Pretty good year for the league to start giving the second round it's own televised day, should be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante had another good game in the Oregon loss. In 48 minutes, he had 28 pts, 20 rbs, 3 ast, 2 blk, 2 stl.

I am doubling down that I want him in the 2nd round. Our D sucks. Having him as Wemby's backup allows our defense to remain compe ive while #1 us on the bench resting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not wild about Topic. All the highlights I saw, he was just barreling in doing layups and not much else. How many successful NBA players do we see that just do lots of layups and play below the rim? Sochan has been a good example of what can happen to you when you play below the rim on offense, you get your packed frequently. Then you couple in that Topic is not a shooter, and he is not a fit at all for what we need and would be a disastrous pick. Now if he is the best lob thrower of all time, maybe I would stand corrected but I am not seeing it here.
    He is kinda like Tyrese Maxey outlier finishing with physicality and creativity, same flat shot but in rythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep believing if Risacher is there to grab, he's a spur.

Not the most flashy pick, could take some time before he becomes a real, solid contributor but fundamentally sound and high BBIQ are two things I beleive spurs will rely on in this uncertain draft, with prime Batum as a ceiling for Zacharie IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep believing if Risacher is there to grab, he's a spur.

Not the most flashy pick, could take some time before he becomes a real, solid contributor but fundamentally sound and high BBIQ are two things I beleive spurs will rely on in this uncertain draft, with prime Batum as a ceiling for Zacharie IMO.
    I think you’re right, whether we like it or not. Find it hard to see they don’t take the best SF if they’re picking Top 4.

I think that if they fall to 5 or lower (or the TOR pick conveys), then they take the best PG left. With the Topic injury, Risacher + Topic definitely in play if both picks convey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dante had another good game in the Oregon loss. In 48 minutes, he had 28 pts, 20 rbs, 3 ast, 2 blk, 2 stl.

I am doubling down that I want him in the 2nd round. Our D sucks. Having him as Wemby's backup allows our defense to remain compe ive while #1 us on the bench resting.
    He had 4 TOs. Wouldn't disrupt game flow when he comes in for Wemby

Thread Information