Page 193 of 245 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 6113
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but it is 2024 not 2004. Lebron and co. made their work and it's a players' league now, you want your franchise player happy or he asks for a trade.
    They would t do it without explanation, but if they tell him his best chance at winning is Salaun or Knecht or whoever, he’ll be fine with it. He wants to win more than anything.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've changed my mind on Matas that size and potential is juicy.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get the TOR, obviously it opens up drafting opportunities. We could swing with our pick on Buzelis, Topic, Risacher, or Cody. For the TOR pick: Castle, Knecht, even Collier.

If we get one pick, I'm inclined to get someone who isn't a terrible shooter. So, Risacher (with fingers crossed) Cody, Knecht, possibly Buzelis if workouts legitimately change the perception on his shooting. I've been pushing Knecht to say he should be in the conversation. And also because we have lots of picks coming in and in this weak class, I'm not expecting someone to fix the team immediately, and also, I want the Spurs to improve next year. We aren't in year 1 of a rebuild, more like 2 or 3.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little fun fact: Knecht is older than Anthony Edwards.
    Knecht is also only 9 months younger than Devin Vassell.

(Today I learned that big sites like ESPN and Basketball Reference don't list birthdates for college players, it took a bit more digging to find Knecht's birthdate)

Knecht would be a great pick for an over-the-cap team looking to contend now because he would be cost controlled through his age 27 season and should be able to provide immediate production.

I can see a scenario where the Spurs get the 7th pick, Knecht is still on the board, and a contender like the Bucks, Nuggets, or Wolves offers a decent return for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Blair with healthy knees in the form of DJ Burns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(Today I learned that big sites like ESPN and Basketball Reference don't list birthdates for college players, it took a bit more digging to find Knecht's birthdate)

Knecht would be a great pick for an over-the-cap team looking to contend now because he would be cost controlled through his age 27 season and should be able to provide immediate production.

I can see a scenario where the Spurs get the 7th pick, Knecht is still on the board, and a contender like the Bucks, Nuggets, or Wolves offers a decent return for him.
    All of the age info, down to the day is on TankAThon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would t do it without explanation, but if they tell him his best chance at winning is Salaun or Knecht or whoever, he’ll be fine with it. He wants to win more than anything.
    Yeah, let's just say if you hesitate or question some player's character knowing another is close or would get along with Wemby can eventually factor in. Character is always something spurs value, as we all know, and Wemby is a beast on the floor but a nice kid off court, so just like Pop used to be careful who they were bringing in that spurs locker room along the big 3, I suppose they'll pay special attention not to bring some diva or a-hole in Wemby's team...

That's why I'm still kinda torn with Trae.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don’t care about that at all. The Spurs flat traded Antonio Daniels and Malik Rose, two of Tim’s best buds on the team, so I don’t think they do, either.
    First, I said if it was close between Risacher and another player to take that into consideration, not if they clearly felt another player was better. Second, they didn't trade Rose before they gave him a real juicy contract that was considered an overpay from day 1. At the time it was considered by many a favor to Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don’t care about that at all. The Spurs flat traded Antonio Daniels and Malik Rose, two of Tim’s best buds on the team, so I don’t think they do, either.
    I think Malik Rose tried to earn his new, lucrative contract and he thought he needed to have a bigger offensive role. That's not uncommon for a role player who overachieves. They had to trade him. His career plummeted with the Knicks and Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% spot on. That said, in this draft I think it means less than most other years simply because of all the issues other players have in their games..
    this is also fair. in a draft full of projected role players, could make a good argument that getting the sure thing role player is better than the guy with potential to be a better role player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d say age, skin colour, perceptions and stereotypes
    A little fun fact: Knecht is older than Anthony Edwards.

Regarding Risacher, you had to wonder if he hasn't hit some kind of "rookie wall". Last year, Wembanyama's team was only playing french league while this season Risacher is playing both french and european league. One of the possible explanation on why he has sucked for a couple of months, is that all these games/practices/travel got to him.
    I think the age thing is the biggest one.
    I watched yesterday game and he's a lot more athletic than I thought he would be and definitely has an edge to him.
    He appears to be a late bloomer physically- evidently grew 3+ inches post High School.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've changed my mind on Matas that size and potential is juicy.
    Agree. I am warming up to Buzelis

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. I am warming up to Buzelis
    For me it's just cooling down on everyone else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's Knecht's ceiling? Slower version of Devin Vassell? Knecht also doesn't have the quickness to create separation. We already have that guy, and I don't need to spend a top 10 pick to get a slight worse version.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trading down with the TOR pick could be a good idea, such as Spurs getting one of the non-lottery bigs such as Filipowski, Klingan, or Edey. And we get a player or future pick or something in the deal.

When I suggested Flip recently I got the familiar Spurs Talk refrain that he looked “soft.” He definitely had a bad game in the Duke exit loss, but when I watch his highlights I see way more athletic ability than our beloved Zollins, whose next contested dunk he scores would be the first I’ve seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan’s had a great tournament. His size and length are legit, and his Defense deserves praise, but taking an old-school, un-athletic Center who can’t shoot, doesn’t have much of a post game, and struggles to defend PnR 1st Overall or even top-5 would be insane in the modern era, even in a weak draft. Prob a good way to get your GM fired tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Sarr going #1 just out of the Wemby effect. You know, as a big, mobile, french, blocking kid...

As weird as it seems, and considering how uncertain drafting is, some GMs/owners tend to (unconsciously) try to find some patterns or trends among these kids, with precious drafts influencing the following ones, like you're so scared, you try to hold on something, anything, rational or not, to make your choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's Knecht's ceiling? Slower version of Devin Vassell? Knecht also doesn't have the quickness to create separation. We already have that guy, and I don't need to spend a top 10 pick to get a slight worse version.
    mcdermott who is maybe not as ty on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i thought edey's performance answered a lot more questions than knecht's

clingan has also been a monster defensively. if they go head to head, i actually think that's a matchup that probably benefits Edey, since being undersized will be an issue Clingan has never had to deal with until now. still think clingan projects much more easily as a really good NBA defender in drop, but we've just never seen him really have to play man defense in the post, let alone against a monster sized guy like Edey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Edey and Clingan both go top 5. Push some of those wings and guards down to us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ceiling is probably going to be determined by his handle and toughness so it's hard to say. I think his handle will improve, but toughness is harder to develop. That said, I'm not looking for a Devin replacement (that could happen, but I'm not expecting that in this draft), I'm looking for a role player that keeps Branham on the bench at this point. If he develops into a starter, I'd be thrilled, but we've got to develop depth as well. I see depth right now..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey will be a decent backup C in the NBA. 40 years ago he would have went first overall and 20 years he would have been a top five pick. Now he probably goes somewhere in the teens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ceiling is probably going to be determined by his handle and toughness so it's hard to say. I think his handle will improve, but toughness is harder to develop. That said, I'm not looking for a Devin replacement (that could happen, but I'm not expecting that in this draft), I'm looking for a role player that keeps Branham on the bench at this point. If he develops into a starter, I'd be thrilled, but we've got to develop depth as well. I see depth right now..
    Agreed here. I just don't think that role is suited by a slightly worse version of Devin. I'd prefer a completely different archetype/change-of-pace. Someone like Cam Thomas, IMO, would be an idea 6th man. Malik Monk would also fit in quite nicely to that role (and both could pick up some additional minutes next to Devin in a backup lead ball handler role). I don't hate Knecht, I'm just not sure how he fits on this team. Whoever mentioned that his best fit might be as a cost controlled contributor on a contender is probably right, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, a lot of posters are aching for Risacher or Sarr, I get that, but I seriously doubt either one of them would be a day one starter even on this team. We may not even get the 1st or second pick or even the third or fourth pick and if that's the case I'd go for Knecht. He has the shooting skills we lost when McNuggets was traded, and would make a pretty good replacement player on our second string (better than Branham). Risacher and Sarr have potential true, but they may not make much of a difference for 1 or 2 or more years.

At least Kenecht, is an obvious upgrade to our current shooting. In this weak draft we should be looking for quality backups that will help us win sooner. Risacher or Sarr won't help us win much playing in Austin or spending a lot of time on the bench. I just don't think Wemby will be happy with another 20 win season with that typical draft for potential spurs move.

Thread Information