Page 220 of 231 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5764
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker, Avery, Mills, Silas etc.
    I should say they don't like drafting small guards in the first round, not since Tony Parker. Which did wonders for them in picking Primo for example. Probably work just as well with Topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't like small guards. If they take a guard it's likely to be either Topic or Castle.
    I think so too, I'm high on Dillingham but I strongly believe the Spurs won't take him and would much rather bet on Castle
    Where have you read he has a strong work ethic? If he's a gym rat like Kawhi I'd be much more willing to take a wild swing at him.
    I remember hearing positive remarks about his character and work ethic, and that is consistent with how he plays (high motor, hustle) and conducts himself, but can't really remember where or back it up with a link. Sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Topic will even crack the top 10. Sure hope spurs pass.

Combine and workouts should be interesting this year. Intrigued to seeTopic go after angry, athletic players, to see if his big difficulties in Euroleague he definitely decided to stay away from are structural. Not confident in players who hide, refuse challenges and to compete anyway. You can't hide in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Topic will even crack the top 10. Sure hope spurs pass.

Combine and workouts should be interesting this year. Intrigued to seeTopic go after angry, athletic players, to see if his big difficulties in Euroleague he definitely decided to stay away from are structural. Not confident in players who hide, refuse challenges and to compete anyway. You can't hide in the NBA.
    I don't think he drops below #5. I expect him to be off the board when we pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he drops below #5. I expect him to be off the board when we pick.
    I go back and forth on this, and think it might be a closer call. Of the crappy teams, the ones that need a PG the most are WAS and us. I can see TOR making a play but they’re also about to invest a lot in IQ?

So for me a linchpin for our draft is WAS. I’m kinda pulling for them to get the #1 pick so they feel pressured to take Sarr, and thereby keep the best PG prospect (whoever that is) on the board a little longer. It’s also one less landing place for one of the Top 3 SF prospects (whoever those end up being).

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go back and forth on this, and think it might be a closer call. Of the crappy teams, the ones that need a PG the most are WAS and us. I can see TOR making a play but they’re also about to invest a lot in IQ?

So for me a linchpin for our draft is WAS. I’m kinda pulling for them to get the #1 pick so they feel pressured to take Sarr, and thereby keep the best PG prospect (whoever that is) on the board a little longer. It’s also one less landing place for one of the Top 3 SF prospects (whoever those end up being).
    Sarrr is the best player. Would rather the Spurs get the top pick and get Sarr than anyone else.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wash is also likely to take Clingan over Topic. Topic should be there at 5 or 6 where the Spurs will be drafting and he's going to likely be their pick. Don't see them targeting a small lack of defensive guard Dillingham.

I can see something like this

Top five picks
    Sarr- Portland
    Risacher- Charlotte
    Clingan- Wash
    Holland or Williams - Detroit
    Topic - Spurs
    Last edited by rascal; 1 Week Ago at 08:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wash is also likely to take Clingan over Topic. Topic should should be there at 5 or 6 where the Spurs will be drafting and he's going to likely be their pick. Don't see them targeting a small lack of defensive guard Dillingham.
    I agree with this post but it's a pretty dumb reason not to draft Dilly. Surrounding Wemby with more people who can't shoot should get somebody fired in this FO. It won't as we will continue to be lectured how fans don't know basketball. And maybe I don't. Pop knows way more than I do. But Sochan can't shoot, Champ can't shoot (NBA level shooter I mean, he's the definition of a GL player where the NBA is too fast for him), Collins can't shoot, Tre can't shoot, Wesley can't shoot, and now we draft Topic as another nonshooting player. Just a brilliant gameplan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If WAS grabs Topic, Tyus Jones might be more easily picked up by the Spurs. He'd be a decent, inexpensive upgrade over his brother as a starter. Either way we get a PG.

If that occurs, Castle, Clingan, Buzellis or Williams makes sense. We'll be able to throw out our peanut gallery opinions with more fervor after 5/12.

I'd be somewhat expecting the Spurs to draft another 6'4" - 6'6" guard to convert to a PG, ala White, Murray, Primo, etc. Castle fits that profile. Pop seems to go this route vs drafting or signing true PGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have like a 2% chance to get the 5 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure it's a given Washington would take Sarr. They need a center, sure, but a point is more of a need with Tyus probably on the move. I can see them going for Topic before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs drop outside the top 5, i can see them trading down and going after Salaun, if Risacher is already off the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs drop outside the top 5, i can see them trading down and going after Salaun, if Risacher is already off the board.
    Ideally the Raps pick converts at #7 and the Spurs can trade down to #10-13 to take Salaun. Would be nice to have a top 6 pick that can contribute right away AND a project guy like Salaun that they can afford to bring along for the next 2-3 years tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally the Raps pick converts at #7 and the Spurs can trade down to #10-13 to take Salaun. Would be nice to have a top 6 pick that can contribute right away AND a project guy like Salaun that they can afford to bring along for the next 2-3 years tbh.
    Really not sure there's one of these prospects who will contribute right away or can really bring instantly more than what spurs already have. This draft seems more about long term prospects than pure talent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I've gone all the way back to preferring Sheppard out of all these point guard options.
    If someone's shot was guaranteed to translate well, it's his and he's a high effort player on both ends of the floor.

Worst case scenario we get ourselves an elite shooter off the bench.
    Best case scenario we get the next all-time great shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really not sure there's one of these prospects who will contribute right away or can really bring instantly more than what spurs already have. His draft seems more about long term prospects.
    Disagree. I could see some of the top 10 picks making an immediate contribution. Off the top of my head, both Kentucky guards, Knecht, and Castle are probably getting rotation minutes day 1 with the Spurs.

This team won 20 games this season, to think that a top 10 pick (even in a weak draft) can' t make an immediate pick is silly tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade down from 7 to 13 to get what? Another 2nd? Whats the point of trading down? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a super successful trade down that yielded a team with nice assets to make it worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they really like Salaun just take him with the Toronto pick vs risking say OKC sniping him unless they're absolutely sure. Which would be tough moving 3-5 picks back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade down from 7 to 13 to get what? Another 2nd? Whats the point of trading down? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a super successful trade down that yielded a team with nice assets to make it worth it.
    Dallas traded down to get off Bertans' contract and still get their man in Lively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker, Avery, Mills, Silas etc.
    TP had a unique skill that allowed him to create separation whenever he needed, he's a exception case

Mills was a back up who came for his 3pt shooting more than his PG skills,

the other 2 are from a diff era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they really like Salaun just take him with the Toronto pick vs risking say OKC sniping him unless they're absolutely sure. Which would be tough moving 3-5 picks back.
    That's fine. Fair point that 7 >> 10-13 is too risky but maybe like 7 >> 8 or 9.

Looking at the Pacers/Wiz trade last year where they Pacers traded 7 for 8 and picked up two second rounders for free. It's just good asset management but if they just end up taking Salaun with 7 cuz they like him then im fine with that too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reasons I see to trade down are to 1) get an extra future 1st (unlikely, but you never can tell, if a gm falls in love with someone), 2) to get a player from the team we trade with to go along with the lower pick, or 3) unload an unwanted contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more I study these prospects the more I desperately want the Spurs to trade their pick and hope Toronto's doesn't convey this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reasons I see to trade down are to 1) get an extra future 1st (unlikely, but you never can tell, if a gm falls in love with someone), 2) to get a player from the team we trade with to go along with the lower pick, or 3) unload an unwanted contract.
    Would definitely be nice to get out of the Collins deal like Dallas did with Bertans last year.

Thread Information