Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If spending time thinking about next years draft need to get a hobby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God there forum police is here to let us know when we get off track so that we can go back to engaging in more "Kevin Tran is on the Spurs watch list" threads:
    No one makes worse use of their time than those ing about how others spend theirs', and I'd be wary of calling others dumb while failing to see the irony in doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alt take: people can post threads on topics they enjoy discussing, and those who don’t share that enjoyment are free to not click on such threads
    Funny to see how the forum is dead yet there's always someone available to give others advice on what to talk about and what not to. As if posting in a basketball forum was EVER about productivity and they were any different

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly enough I'm looking forward to Dejounte's draft analysis but only when more appropriate apparently lol

If I recall correctly he scouted out Jalen Williams properly pre combine climb when he was still a late first early second-ish in mocks and nobody was name dropping at all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took me 5 seconds...how long "analysis" take

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my first pet cat for next year's draft is C Alexandre Sarr - France
    That's mine as well. And I like Donovan Clingon too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took me 5 seconds...how long "analysis" take
    You’re still missing the irony of you posting in a thread that you call dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if your hobby is following the nba draft

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly enough I'm looking forward to Dejounte's draft analysis but only when more appropriate apparently lol

If I recall correctly he scouted out Jalen Williams properly pre combine climb when he was still a late first early second-ish in mocks and nobody was name dropping at all
    I think it's about territory and iden y protection. I agree that draft analysis now is way too early but what else is there to talk about until training camp? Better than more political/personal feuding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's about territory and iden y protection. I agree that draft analysis now is way too early but what else is there to talk about until training camp? Better than more political/personal feuding.
    Well... you can go through every thread that DOESN'T interest you, and about how it's DUMB/UNPRODUCTIVE. That sounds like a super smart and productive use of your time, I don't know how I didn't think of it before

PS: it's SARCASM, I'm reinforcing your point if it didn't come across clearly enough.
    Last edited by Ariel; 09-17-2023 at 04:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if your hobby is following the nba draft
    Why now though. It isn't until December that RC & Pop start scrolling through Spurstalk to figure out who they're going to take.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... you can go through every thread that DOESN'T interest you, and about how it's DUMB/UNPRODUCTIVE. That sounds like a super smart and productive use of your time, I don't know how I didn't think of it before
    No, it does interest me. Your takes on this are all over the place so I can't see what point you're trying to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it does interest me. Your takes on this are all over the place so I can't see what point you're trying to make.
    It's sarcasm, my guy, I agree with you. Every post I've made points towards the same: being here is just for entertainment purposes as no one is ever going to make any use out of it, so posting now or doing so in December is all the same, it doesn't have any effect in the real world and thinking otherwise is pretentious BS (as if the Spurs needed us to make their scouting ). So you should talk whatever you want whenever you want, and whomever doesn't like it, is free to skip right ahead.
    Last edited by Ariel; 09-17-2023 at 04:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why as a basketball fan, hearing about about an interesting prospect who's 17 or 18 years old and has just done something impressive at a camp or invitational, would you <not> want to chat about it with your other basketball friends? It's such a disingenuous take. It doesn't mean you're changing the parameters of the basketball world. It's basketball fans talking about basketball. I can't imagine a less controversial subject, or a subject less in need of some self proclaimed sheriff emperor to monitor it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya’ll make me me laugh!

You have to think between our own pick and the Raps we potentially have TWO top 10 picks in the 2024 draft. I’ll be following college ball way more closely this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya’ll make me me laugh!

You have to think between our own pick and the Raps we potentially have TWO top 10 picks in the 2024 draft. I’ll be following college ball way more closely this year.
    Yeah, TOR is shopping OG and Siakam, hoping to cash out to some level on one of them, and not lose both of them like FVV this past summer. I think they know they need to restructure around Scottie Barnes, and aren't worried about the pick we are owed. Just convey it and get it over with next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, TOR is shopping OG and Siakam, hoping to cash out to some level on one of them, and not lose both of them like FVV this past summer. I think they know they need to restructure around Scottie Barnes, and aren't worried about the pick we are owed. Just convey it and get it over with next year.
    The light protection is key here, for them to make sure the pick doesn't convey Toronto would have to end up bottom 2 for 3 years in a row, they're not willing to go that far.
    Even finishing 4th worst 3 straight years gives you about even odds of conveying (~46.7%) and not (~53.3%), and beyond that (5th & below) that increases dramatically.
    They'll surely try to lessen the value of the pick rather than keep it from conveying, it's the most sensible path.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also a bunch of interesting prospects on G-League Ignite (Ron Holland, Matas Buzelis, Izan Almansa, Thierry Darlan, etc) and outside the NBA (Alexandre Sarr and Risacher). Hopefully some Ignite games are accessible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Even the local fan base wants them to pick a direction. Unless Barnes really shows out they are probably a play-in team. If he does they are a star away from pretenders but still not contention IMO. That draft pick is pretty damn valuable. If that converts late lottery oh man it is on. REPARATIONS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Filing this away in the Isiah Collier folder. Very interesting. https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospec...isaiah-collier

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Collier would be just the player to take this team to the next level. But how high do you need to pick to have the chance to get him? If the Spurs overachieve even a little they likely won't have a shot at him. I wonder if they could package the presumed Raptors pick or another asset with their first to move into the top 3 if needed. There will be other options, but a Wemby-Collier pairing could really be something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier would be a fantastic pick up. I also was impressed with DJ Wagner in the game against Germany. I was watching to see Justin Edwards whose hype seems to fit with the Spurs needs, but Wagner stole the show.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my first pet cat for next year's draft is C Alexandre Sarr - France
    No, Spurs need to come out of the draft with a top PG.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Even the local fan base wants them to pick a direction. Unless Barnes really shows out they are probably a play-in team. If he does they are a star away from pretenders but still not contention IMO. That draft pick is pretty damn valuable. If that converts late lottery oh man it is on. REPARATIONS.
    If Toronto looks to not be making the playoffs which is most probable I see them going into a full tank to make sure they keep their draft pick.

No incentive for them to fall into the range where the spurs will get the pick. Don't count on that Toronto pick next year.
    It's best if the Spurs lock a top five draft pick with their own pick, just use next year as another rebuilding year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Toronto looks to not be making the playoffs which is most probable I see them going into a full tank to make sure they keep their draft pick.

No incentive for them to fall into the range where the spurs will get the pick. Don't count on that Toronto pick next year.
    It's best if the Spurs lock a top five draft pick with their own pick, just use next year as another rebuilding year.
    They can’t actually completely protect the pick unless they are in the top 2 worst teams, and you can’t decide to do that if it looks like you’re not going to make the playoffs. You have to do that out of the gate. If they’re making a run, and it looks like they won’t quite make the playoffs, it’s really hard to climb up higher in the pre-lottery positioning, because everyone above you is tanking, and they’ve been doing it all year. If they’re at like 9 or 10, it would be very difficult to climb to even 6, and even if they did, someone could jump over them, knocking them back to 7, and that pick into our laps.

Any team can be knocked back up to 4 spots by the lottery draw like Detroit was last year.

Thread Information