Page 314 of 428 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 10693
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Castle goes 2 to WAS and Risacher 3 to HOU
    I don't see that being a big problem, even if it pushes my favorite 4/8 results off the table. Clearly I don't want Risacher that much, but that's repeating myself.

I take the Dill-man 4, but I've been considering that anyway. Either:

- If the team is high on Sheppard, they're taking him at 4. Few of us like Topic, but he's in play. So the FO may not be bothered at all.

- Barring those, I'm probably believing Sheppard and Clingan are attractive to teams in the next slots down to 10. I know there's not much time, but see what the appe e is from Detroit, Memphis, etc., to move up.

- Game out what would happen at 8 if the above happens. I'm sure the team is working out Buzelis and Cody Williams and these other guys, too. In the end, you can trade out of that spot if you get your Dillingham/Sheppard/whatever at 4 and don't like the wings left at 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happened I would probably take Holland/Topic - Williams/Salauan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic + Salaun/Williams it is then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while it would sting for risacher to be taken one pick before, this means you take wing of choice at 4 knowing at least one of the kentucky guys will be there at 8 (a lot of chatter of the hornets liking sheppard if he gets that far). i personally still have Holland above Castle anyway, but not sure what the spurs board looks like between Holland/Buzelis/Williams/Salaun/Knecht

i just really really hope they have Topic behind both Kentucky guys
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-21-2024 at 12:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might just be a function of the fact we have the #4 and #8 pick, but his is easily one of the more interesting run ups to the draft in a long time. From my POV, there are 7 guys who would have had a case for #1 overall depending on who got that pick (Sarr, Risacher, Castle, Dillingham, Sheppard, Clingan, Topic). And There are 8 guys I could realistically see the Spurs seeing as a fit at #4 (add Buzelis and Holland to the previous list, remove Clingan). The amount of unpredictability is fun. Hoping for a trade to get tossed in there to e it up a little further.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this year's class. Lots of room for diverse opinions, which makes it a lot more interesting. I think next year might be just as fun, but with the entire top 10 being elevated a notch (and I do not believe Flagg is the obvious #1 pick the way Wemby was, at this point).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic + Salaun/Williams it is then
    I would hate that draft tbh. Hopefully that isn’t the case. Much rather have one of Castle/Risacher/Holland at 4 and then either Sheppard/Dillingham/Topic/Knecht at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly worst case scenario, at least in the short term. Probably would take Buzelis & Dillingham then, high upside but also lower floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs want Castle, they'll have to take him at 4 (assuming WAS and HOU don't take him). He's not making it to 8 tbh.
    I think I agree, but who at 5, 6, or 7 is taking him? Not Detroit, not Portland,.... Charlotte? I'm not sure...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hate that draft tbh. Hopefully that isn’t the case. Much rather have one of Castle/Risacher/Holland at 4 and then either Sheppard/Dillingham/Topic/Knecht at 8.
    This was in response to a scenario where Castle and ZR were already off the board by 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I agree, but who at 5, 6, or 7 is taking him? Not Detroit, not Portland,.... Charlotte? I'm not sure...
    Many mocks have him to Charlotte, which is why his comments about wanting to play PG as very interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rocketsí beat-writer. I believe it tbh. The more time passes, the more I think Castle might be the pick at 4 if heís available.

Iíd be fine with that. Spurs desperately need guys who can defend, and his POA Defense, while already very good, has a chance to be elite. Just gotta figure out that jump shot, which Iím confident will come with time and repe ion.

The Jimmy Butler comparisons are intriguing, certainly much more-so than the RJ Barrett and Dante Exum ones. The physical profiles are similar and Butler couldnít shoot the 3-ball well either at Marquette. Jimmy plays at a faster pace than Castle does, but there are definitely some similarities in their build and their games. All in all, there are definitely worse players we could take at 4. Iíd be more than okay with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets’ beat-writer. I believe it tbh. The more time passes, the more I think Castle might be the pick at 4 if he’s available.

I’d be fine with that. Spurs desperately need guys who can defend, and his POA Defense, while already very good, has a chance to be elite. Just gotta figure out that jump shot, which I’m confident will come with time and repe ion.

The Jimmy Butler comparisons are intriguing, certainly much more-so than the RJ Barrett and Dante Exum ones. The physical profiles are similar and Butler couldn’t shoot the 3-ball well either at Marquette. Jimmy plays at a faster pace than Castle does, but there are definitely some similarities in their games. All in all, there are definitely worse players we could take at 4. I’d be more than okay with it.
    Not only does Castle project as potentially a phenomenal perimeter defender, his turnaround should be pretty fast. He's not a guy who may take a long time to pick up and understand NBA basketball (ahem, Branham, Wesley). UConn's offense had complex offensive wrinkles, when guys cut, how to recognize variations, etc.

This isn't surprising, more about what it suggests about Risacher. Either less interested or, imo, more likely they think he's gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a different target at 4, too, and sweeten the pot for Charlotte at 6. I'm not convinced they're in love with Castle there, or really with any specific player, so moving down to 8 and giving them some SRPs might work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a different target at 4, too, and sweeten the pot for Charlotte at 6. I'm not convinced they're in love with Castle there, or really with any specific player, so moving down to 8 and giving them some SRPs might work.
    It's all very situational. Sometimes you see teams swapping high lottery picks for just a single SRP (like last year with Indiana and Washington, at 7 & 8 respectively), but it's usually when teams are just trying to get a little extra value out of their pick while getting the guy they were targeting anyway. I don't think most teams would be willing to let go of their preferred option for just a 2nd round pick. But if Detroit or Charlotte could get their guy at 8, then the Spurs could make sure no one leapfrogs them and grabs their target in front of them (Castle or whomever).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Risacher ends up going top-3, but if both he and Castle were hypothetically there at 4, who are you taking in that scenario?
    After much consternation, I'm going with the guy with a malleable skillset who fills a positional need over the guy with a high bust rate.

Just gotta figure out that jump shot, which Iím confident will come with time and repe ion.
    Ah yes, that minor detail . . . which happens to be the most important skill in the game (especially for role players who aren't rim running centers) and a need here for the better part of a decade.

It's not like it's rare or anything for players with as low a baseline shooting wise as him to develop into good enough ones for the defense to respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for Castle, he was never a primary target of mine because I wanted someone who could really shoot and put rim pressure, but after the measurments from the combine came back at 6ī5.5" barefoot and 6ī9" wingspan, he's legit wing size and could credibly defend 1-3, that coupled with his versatility mitigate the questions on whether he can be primary ball handler or not, and give him a really high floor, with his ceiling being off the charts if his shot comes around. This is why I'm also ok with the idea of taking him at 4 and Dillingham at 8, those 2 could complement each other pretty well given their strengths and weaknesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've got no problem with castle at #4 in such a draft as this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect these fools will select Castle either way, but some potentially good news on the Sheppard front, is the Rockets (along with the Warriors and Magic) are rumored to have interest in Beasley.

Of course, the pick could also easily be traded, but it would seem if it was it'd be to a team either looking for more of a potential primary option like Topic or Dillingham or a defensive anchor like Clingan.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle scoring 41 over Ronís team in high school means a lot to me tbh. Castle at 4 and hope for Reed at 8
    Castle and Sheppard would be an awesome draft but Sheppard at 8 seems like a pipe dream when he's considered one of the safe picks this draft. Still wouldn't be too surprised to see him go to Houston at 3 despite the lackluster combine measurements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Risacher ends up going top-3, but if both he and Castle were hypothetically there at 4, who are you taking in that scenario?
    Probably Risacher is off the board at 4 so it won't be of any practical consequence, but if it does end up being the case and the Spurs want to take both, the best move could be taking Risacher at 4 (would be taken off the board immediately otherwise) while Castle could survive to 8, but you could perhaps entice one of the teams picking 5-7 to move back to 8 for some salary dump / minor assets (Charlotte's fake first, multiple SRPs, etc).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rocketsí beat-writer. I believe it tbh. The more time passes, the more I think Castle might be the pick at 4 if heís available.

Iíd be fine with that. Spurs desperately need guys who can defend, and his POA Defense, while already very good, has a chance to be elite. Just gotta figure out that jump shot, which Iím confident will come with time and repe ion.

The Jimmy Butler comparisons are intriguing, certainly much more-so than the RJ Barrett and Dante Exum ones. The physical profiles are similar and Butler couldnít shoot the 3-ball well either at Marquette. Jimmy plays at a faster pace than Castle does, but there are definitely some similarities in their build and their games. All in all, there are definitely worse players we could take at 4. Iíd be more than okay with it.
    Castle seems the most Spurs like pick, but god I hope he gets a lot better than Sochan if they go that route. Two years in and Sochan's three point shot is still dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all very situational. Sometimes you see teams swapping high lottery picks for just a single SRP (like last year with Indiana and Washington, at 7 & 8 respectively), but it's usually when teams are just trying to get a little extra value out of their pick while getting the guy they were targeting anyway. I don't think most teams would be willing to let go of their preferred option for just a 2nd round pick. But if Detroit or Charlotte could get their guy at 8, then the Spurs could make sure no one leapfrogs them and grabs their target in front of them (Castle or whomever).
    Yeah, I have no idea what it would take. I do get the sense at least from the Hornets fanbase that no one is completely in love with a player. What matters, too, is whether they think Portland would take their guy. But if they're split between Clingan or Holland and out on Castle, then they might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephon Castle vs. Anthony Black in terms of college stats.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-anthony-black

Pretty comparable, tbh. Black went sixth last year and I think Castle could have pushed him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my issue with castle is i just dont know what you're getting out of him offensively. jumper aside, he's not sudden athlete. doesnt get up very high. doesnt have burst off the dribble. doesnt have great handles. doesnt really have a midrange game (has good touch in the paint, floaters, etc). makes the easy/obvious pass but i dont see anything high level in that department either. he got by making good cuts off-ball and otherwise kinda just playing bullyball into a floater of some sort

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you sweetening the pot for to basically get your guy at 4? (As opposed to just taking Castle there)

Thread Information