Page 383 of 441 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 11018
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I wrote yesterday:
    If we traded 4 FRPs for Markkanen, people would lose their .
    Spurs 7 FRPs before Wemby were Sochan, Wesley, Branham, Primo, Vassell, Samanic, Johnson.
    Ainge doesn't pick up the phone if we offer 5 that are still in the league for Markkanen.

Teams that find balance evaluating picks are the most successful.
    Can't blow your load just for the sake of it, but hoarding picks and piling up losing season destroys franchises.
    Yup, that's why you have to pile up the picks for a player like Lauri nowadays. FRPs don't have as much value as they did for themselves , (but more as trade assets) and you're not trading Lauri for a couple of random picks who may both bust, plus some becnh guy and third stringer, or whatever. Just have to look at what MIN had to give for Gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Hawks want Clingan, the Wizards want Sarr, and the Rockets want Sheppard, why don’t each of those teams just pick those guys so the Spurs can get Risacher? That way, everyone gets their first choice and everyone is happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, that's why you have to pile up the picks for a player like Lauri nowadays. FRPs don't have as much value as they did for themselves , (but more as trade assets) and you're not trading Lauri for a couple of random picks who may both bust, plus some becnh guy and third stringer, or whatever. Just have to look at what MIN had to give for Gobert.
    Yeah, they gave up all that for Gobert to advance an extra round or two in the playoffs, which no one will remember. Meanwhile, their payroll will go into crisis in the next year or two when Ant gets paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market for lots of picks for players has probably disappeared. Everyone is tapped out among contenders who are more likely to need to drop salary anyway. And then the asset hoarders don't seem to want to enter the market yet.

What we'll likely see are players swapped for each other. I don't think Ainge is getting a big pick package for the Finn.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are out on Dilly per Wass. Cody again being mentioned as well as Carter. Big wings tend to rise up draft boards. Zacch, Matas and Cody could be top 5. I think Carter buzz is to generate a trade down scenario for the swings in Salaun or Carrington.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are out on Dilly per Wass. Cody again being mentioned as well as Carter. Big wings tend to rise up draft boards. Zacch, Matas and Cody could be top 5. I think Carter buzz is to generate a trade down scenario for the swings in Salaun or Carrington.
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be really great if you could provide a link. Thanks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bleacher report new mock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bleacher report new mock
    The Spurs are in the practice of telling Bleacher Report which players they're not interested in. Especially when that player is only now starting to do workouts because he's been hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be really great if you could provide a link. Thanks.
    Believe its this one: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-2-weeks-to-go

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are in the practice of telling Bleacher Report which players they're not interested in. Especially when that player is only now starting to do workouts because he's been hurt.
    FO pretty much telling every agent to stop trying to get the midgets on our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, they gave up all that for Gobert to advance an extra round or two in the playoffs, which no one will remember. Meanwhile, their payroll will go into crisis in the next year or two when Ant gets paid.
    Sure, I'm not even questioning the pertinence of the move (I wouldn't have done that trade). but that sitll what it took for MIN to get Gobert and Ainge will find a team read to pack the truck for Lauri, (which might be more pertinent than for Gobert).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprising when you think about it that size would be rising up in that timid draft. Can't teach lengh. Sarr, Zach, Clingan, Buz, Cody, Castle could be top 5-8 with Salaun not that far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those getting on Bub Carrington, he really is in the 'what if he puts it all together' mold of Blake Wesley and Malaki Branham. In fact...

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...--blake-wesley

In pretty much every way he'd be behind Malaki coming out of college and more or less equivalent with Blake.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    zach randolph says spurs r going to draft dj burns & turn him into dejuan blair to pair with wembanyama.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those getting on Bub Carrington, he really is in the 'what if he puts it all together' mold of Blake Wesley and Malaki Branham. In fact...

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...--blake-wesley

In pretty much every way he'd be behind Malaki coming out of college and more or less equivalent with Blake.
    Branham and Wesley were never 3 level scorers, Carrington is. Bub is also the much better playmaker. They really aren't all that similar at all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham and Wesley were never 3 level scorers, Carrington is. Bub is also the much better playmaker. They really aren't all that similar at all.
    Yeah, I see very few similarities. Maybe with Branham because he could make midrange jumpers and wasnít a rim pressure guy, but he wasnít much of a passer and ball handler. Wesley was just a bet on his athleticism and speed. He didnít have much feel coming out of Notre Dame (and still doesnít).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying Carrington is a three level scorer is very optimistic. He's not much of a scorer at all. This is my point. He's statistically inept, not very good. We're just saying that "What if he was actually good?" Branham was more of a three level scorer than he was -- was a much more efficient three-point shooter, a vastly better midrange. Carrington really isn't good right now. He shot .412 from the field and .322 from range.

Point is, Carrington is hope and dreams right now but he's not being described as such. He's exactly the same as the other two.

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zach randolph says spurs r going to draft dj burns & turn him into dejuan blair to pair with wembanyama.......

Does he have ACLs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying Carrington is a three level scorer is very optimistic. He's not much of a scorer at all. This is my point. He's statistically inept, not very good. We're just saying that "What if he was actually good?" Branham was more of a three level scorer than he was -- was a much more efficient three-point shooter, a vastly better midrange. Carrington really isn't good right now. He shot .412 from the field and .322 from range.

Point is, Carrington is hope and dreams right now but he's not being described as such. He's exactly the same as the other two.
    Have you seen scouting reports and/or games from them? Branham shot that % on very low volume, selective 3pt shooting. Carrington hits all kind of different 3pt looks. 32% on higher volume and wider type of shots is way more valuable than 41% on low volume and only catch and shoot. Carrington's 3pt shot projects to be much more impactful than Brahnam's at the NBA level. There's also the playmaking stuff. For real, they aren't similar players at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you seen scouting reports and/or games from them? Branham shot that % on very low volume, selective 3pt shooting. Carrington hits all kind of different 3pt looks. 32% on higher volume and wider type of shots is way more valuable than 41% on low volume and only catch and shoot. Carrington's 3pt shot projects to be much more impactful than Brahnam's at the NBA level. There's also the playmaking stuff. For real, they aren't similar players at all.
    I don't know why this is hard for you to understand. Bub Carrington is not a good player. He kind of sucks. People are acting like he's this superb get in the draft. I'm saying - no - he's exactly like these other players who had a long way to go. Carrington doesn't project to be any better or worse than those players because he sucks now. There's no projection at all, much less pretending that sucking is the same as going to be good. And the idea that Carrington fired off all kinds of threes and hit barely any of them doesn't give me much confidence. It certainly doesn't say "three level scorer." I can find some eight year old in a gym who is a "three level scorer" by that metric.

Carrington is a massive project and acting otherwise is stupid.

This is not hard to understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iíd argue that every player in the lottery this year is a project sans Carter, Knecht and Clingan.
    And even in those cases, your hoping that Carter can be more of an initiator than what heís shown thus far and Clingan can develop a jumper to justify the high selections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know the following things about the Spursí draft strategy:

1. Theyíre in the market for a wing and a point guard
    2. They value positional size
    3. They like multi-skilled, multi-positional players

Therefore, we can deduce that the following combinations are possible:

1. Castle at 4 and Williams/Salaun/Knecht at 8
    2. Buzelis at 4 and Topic/Carter at 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know the following things about the Spurs’ draft strategy:

1. They’re in the market for a wing and a point guard
    2. They value positional size
    3. They like multi-skilled, multi-positional players

Therefore, we can deduce that the following combinations are possible:

1. Castle at 4 and Williams/Salaun/Knecht at 8
    2. Buzelis at 4 and Topic/Carter at 8
    It's unfortunately that one of those skills isn't shooting, apparently (Aside from Devin and Joel Wiseguy)

Thread Information