Page 82 of 245 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6108
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you seen him play? He has very good athleticism. He has speed, strength, and plays above the rim.
    NCAA athleticism <> NBA athleticism. The only player in the last 5 drafts or so that I knew wouldn’t struggle with the transition was Obi Toppin. His athleticism just jumped out at you. Unfortunately his basketball skill set didn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the very least Knecht looks like a more explosive athlete than Keldon

but like keldon, he's not great with lateral agility. he's more explosive than keldon vertically and in a straight line. he does seem like he competes more defensively, but guys will still be able to shake him.

the thing is, team defense matters as much if not more than individual iso defense these days, so that comes down to bbiq and effort
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-12-2024 at 04:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have. I think he's generally a very bad defender and below average on his best day. Saw both Taylor and Radford burst by him on multiple occasions this past weekend. I know he will throw down a big dunk here and there but I think he's going to struggle with NBA athleticism and speed. Max Strus or Tim Hardaway come to mind as comps. I think he could be solid but I would not use a top 10 pick on the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do people want to draft a 23-year old role player? We gotta go for the high ceiling guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NCAA athleticism <> NBA athleticism. The only player in the last 5 drafts or so that I knew wouldn’t struggle with the transition was Obi Toppin. His athleticism just jumped out at you. Unfortunately his basketball skill set didn’t.
    I'm pretty sure you haven't seen him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dalton Knecht plays basically like Jimmy Butler. Not saying they're the same, of course, but it's the same athleticism, the same ability to bully players with strength. I get it - he's white. You don't think white guys can be athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched him a few times but the most recent was Saturday and he did no bullying whatsoever of Washington at A&M who is a supreme athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched him a few times but the most recent was Saturday and he did no bullying whatsoever of Washington at A&M who is a supreme athlete.
    A&M gave Tennesse fits with incredible defense that was very physical. Great game by them. What did Dalton do? Drop 6-11 from three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do people want to draft a 23-year old role player? We gotta go for the high ceiling guys
    depends where we're picking. if toronto hands us an additional top 10 pick he probably wouldnt be my top choice. but he looks like a guy ready to hit the ground running as an nba caliber player. the spurs roster is pretty dead when it comes to actual, realized, nba talent. not every pick has to be a home run swing. if its a late lottery pick you could do worse. he's a capable/aggressive shooter with a quick release and the ability to punish closeouts in ways that someone like champagnie cant

he also is a really good movement player with timely cuts and whatnot. not something many guys on our roster do well at all.

yeah he'd be an old rookie but do we really want every draft pick to be somebody that requires 1-2 years of gleague or minimal playing time before being able to seriously contribute?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the are the high ceiling guys in this draft? It's all medium ceiling guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I agree that he guy can shoot the lights out. It's everything else that I am not overly impressed with. I like the guy but not for the Spurs to use 3 or 7 on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the are the high ceiling guys in this draft? It's all medium ceiling guys.
    The internationals...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because a 70% chance at a high level role player beats a 1% chance at a star. Case in point, you can't generalize without quantifying how likely each outcome is. That's how you end up with colossal draft blunders.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, not every player has the same development trajectory.
    We should know that better than any other franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because a 70% chance at a high level role player beats a 1% chance at a star. Case in point, you can't generalize without quantifying how likely each outcome is. That's how you end up with colossal draft blunders.
    Yes and especially with a second pick in this particular draft and especially if the pick falls in the 8-14 range, I would much rather prefer a high floor contributor (Knecht, Filipowski) than another Primo-like project.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qatar is a US ally. The CIA is MUCH more inclined to cover up the human right's abuses of its allies than to expose them. Don't accuse people to not knowing the US's history if you don't understand it yourself.
    sure 😂 CIA has a track record of respecting human rights!!

They just “cover up their allies”

Hey I’m not judging, France is currently supporting a Coup in Sénégal without anybody saying anything …

point is we (occidental powers) are far worse. Hence the irony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure  CIA has a track record of respecting human rights!!

Hey I’m not judging, France is currently supporting a Coup in Sénégal without anybody saying anything …

If it makes you feel any better, I don't want the Governments of the United States or France investing in the Spurs either. What human right's violations any other countries may or may not have transgressed is irrelevant to whether I want Qatar as an investor in my hometown team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't want the Governments of the United States or France investing in the Spurs either. What human right's violations any other countries may or may not have transgressed is irrelevant to whether I want Qatar as an investor in my hometown team.
    It’s never been about making me feel better nor lobbying for Qatar…

The point has always been the irony, hypocrisy and overall lack of awareness of most on the topic. Lack of education for some but the scary part is most are educated but still unaware.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Late lottery pick on Knecht sounds ok to me. Way better than Champagne if I had to guess. Our pick will be high upside. But we need to raise the talent floor, too. He can shoot but more of a scorer. Defense is probably better than Topic, for example. But I'm still watching and learning these players.

It's interesting that Risacher is a top 2 prospect in part because of his floor. That's an indictment on this draft, when typically no one cares about floor in the top of the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure  CIA has a track record of respecting human rights!!

So it's clear you aren't really able to read posts and understand them.

1) The CIA absolutely does ty things

2) One of the tiest things it does is prompt up regimes around the world that abuse their subjects in the name "national security"

3) Qatar is one of those regimes

So thinking you can defend Qatar by saying "the CIA sucks", it completely misses the point. It's not just that both of those things are true -- it's that the CIA being ty is one of main reasons why Qatar is able to be such a prosperous nations despite how backwards it is in terms of human right's violations. We (meaning "Western" randos") aren't critical of Qatar because the CIA is telling us to. We're less critical than we should be because the CIA and US government has been telling us for years that Qatar is our friend.

If you wanna talk about how we view Iran being a CIA thing, go ahead. But that doesn't work with Qatar, Saudi Arabia or Israel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't read me properly if you think I'm "defendng" Qatar...

Just pointing your hypocrisy and the overall irony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't read me properly if you think I'm "defendng" Qatar...

Just pointing your hypocrisy and the overall irony
    You came in hard defending Qatar you dumb authoritarian weirdo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK guys, can we please back off the Qatar stufft? Let's go back to the draft, plenty of material to over one another there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    depends where we're picking. if toronto hands us an additional top 10 pick he probably wouldnt be my top choice. but he looks like a guy ready to hit the ground running as an nba caliber player. the spurs roster is pretty dead when it comes to actual, realized, nba talent. not every pick has to be a home run swing. if its a late lottery pick you could do worse. he's a capable/aggressive shooter with a quick release and the ability to punish closeouts in ways that someone like champagnie cant

he also is a really good movement player with timely cuts and whatnot. not something many guys on our roster do well at all.

yeah he'd be an old rookie but do we really want every draft pick to be somebody that requires 1-2 years of gleague or minimal playing time before being able to seriously contribute?
    yeah but that's not where our pick will land. If the Toronto pick even converts it'll likely be 7 or 8, definitely top 10. I'd agree taking him outside of that range, but I think the top 8 in this draft has a higher ceiling than what Knecht currently is. He's good though, complete game and not a lot of weaknesses.

Thread Information