Page 1 of 228 123451151101 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if it's still very early, this upcoming draft will be a key part of Spurs' rebuilding plan. I think it's time to talk a little on prospects/players we like, what Spurs should do and various draft related things...

Spurs 2024 draft picks:
    - Spurs first round pick.
    - Raptors first round pick (top 6 protected)
    - Hornets first round pick (top 14 protected)
    - Spurs second round pick (if it's in the 31-49 range)
    - Lakers second round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A projection on what picks we should expect based on various win/loss projections like the ones made by espn:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...onference-team
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...onference-team

- Spurs are projected to be part of a 6 teams group alongside Blazers, Rockets, Wizards, Pistons and Hornets that will be the worst in the league. The pick will obviously depend on the lottery which should put it in the 1st to 8th range.

- Spurs have a good chance to get Raptors pick. They are projected to be between the worst team outside the previous 6 teams and making the play-in. I would say Spurs have a 80% chance of getting a second first round pick between 7th and 18th.

- It's unlikely Spurs got the Hornets pick. Maybe there is a 10% chance of getting a pick between 15th and 18th from it.

We can expect the following for Spurs in the 2024 draft:
    - Spurs' first round pick between 1st and 8th.
    - Raptors' first round pick between 7th and 18th.
    - Spurs' second round pick between 31st and 36th.
    - Lakers second round pick around 50th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anticipation for a draft that is a year from now is probably the saddest thing a fan could do tbh

What the draft projections look like now vs how it will look even a month or two from the draft is night and day

to look at these kids this early is a pointless endeavor. And anyone who ignores the present time is a sad existence.

an unpopular opinion. So bring on the hate idgaf

Post Count
    So I guess the dream of reaching for Bronny to try to convivence LeBron to come to SA is over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anticipation for a draft that is a year from now is probably the saddest thing a fan could do tbh

What the draft projections look like now vs how it will look even a month or two from the draft is night and day

to look at these kids this early is a pointless endeavor. And anyone who ignores the present time is a sad existence.

an unpopular opinion. So bring on the hate idgaf
    damn so you werent even looking at wemby until after we won the lottery?

i usually dont follow it as much in basketball, but personally im a huge fan of the draft process when it comes to the NFL. some people love that part of fanhood, some dont

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the thread. My mind immediately goes to PG since it’s the need, but I know it’s often folly to draft for need high in the draft. Could this be the draft though since it’s considered to be weak? If so is Collier really the guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People always say way too early and it's true you can only look at it abstractly

But I like to track the progression of how players sink and rise

Never to early to scout and familiarize yourself with names and schools and NCAA is a few months away and you're already up to speed on players to keep on your radar

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs' natural pick is #30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn so you werent even looking at wemby until after we won the lottery?

i usually dont follow it as much in basketball, but personally im a huge fan of the draft process when it comes to the NFL. some people love that part of fanhood, some dont

Nope, I didn’t.

I just don’t understand simping over low possibility outcomes that are over half a year out. Time is valuable and in my personal view, better spent exploring the possibilities that are closer to the now because we can close those doors and open new ones… as opposed to waiting for a door that might not even have a key and you end up just wasting your time standing in front of a door you can’t open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vintage Bruno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, I didn’t.

I just don’t understand simping over low possibility outcomes that are over half a year out. Time is valuable and in my personal view, better spent exploring the possibilities that are closer to the now because we can close those doors and open new ones… as opposed to waiting for a door that might not even have a key and you end up just wasting your time standing in front of a door you can’t open.
    You literally do that every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong draft but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs finish above both Charlotte and Toronto. I think they'll be much better than these pundits say.

As for following players, there's little sense in looking at rankings this early. Things will wind up completely different. By January or February we start to know which players actually should be highly regarded. Every year they are wildly off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As always, they totally ignore foreign players in their early mock drafts... Risacher is top 5, if not higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You literally do that every year.
    Wrong. Emphasis “over half a year out”. I usually start my process when the playoffs are out of the picture, which means 60 games in or sometime in March, a time when draft positioning is clearer and lottery prospects start to separate themselves from the pack. That’s a door that I know I’ll be standing in front of that’s likely to open.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-14-2023 at 10:01 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the thread. My mind immediately goes to PG since it’s the need, but I know it’s often folly to draft for need high in the draft. Could this be the draft though since it’s considered to be weak? If so is Collier really the guy?
    No, Proctor is. He's got Spur written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched a bit of Ignite vs Perth. Liked Holland, Sarr and Almansa. The latter doesn't seem like the best fit since there's an overlap with Wemby, Sochan and Barlow, but he's an interesting guy, super smart and resourceful. He might not be flashy but he's a really sound basketball player. For a while I've been really intrigued by the combination of size and skill by Buzelis in older clips, but by the game he seems shorter than advertised and was underwhelming though it's too soon to jump to any conclusions, of course. As for the NCAA, the guy I'm most looking forward to watching is Edwards. Not really sure about the guards, though.
    Last edited by Ariel; 09-14-2023 at 11:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As always, they totally ignore foreign players in their early mock drafts... Risacher is top 5, if not higher.
    Sarr is French and Almansa is a Spaniard. I don't think it's chauvinism that kept Risacher from being top 10...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher didn't play well at the U19 WC, that's why he has slipped in recent mock drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Amen Thompson is an interesting prospect, I have a hard time seeing any team draft an Overtime Elite player in the lotto, much less the top 5 pick. I believe no player was drafted from that league in the first or second round last year. Just seems like a stretch that all of a sudden teams start to trust that league.
    November 2022 discussion about the 2023 draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. Emphasis “over half a year out”. I usually start my process when the playoffs are out of the picture, which means 60 games in or sometime in March, a time when draft positioning is clearer and lottery prospects start to separate themselves from the pack. That’s a door that I know I’ll be standing in front of that’s likely to open.
    How many posts have you made in this thread? Seems sadder for something that is pointless. I’m a vegan/do CrossFit vibes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many posts have you made in this thread? Seems sadder for something that is pointless. I’m a vegan/do CrossFit vibes.
    The same number as you if you’re quoted by multiple people and are asked for a response tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I agree with Bruno on the CHA pick, but there is a sliver of hope there if LaMelo can stay healthy, getting Bridges back and Brandon Miller.

Teams that seem like a lock to make playoffs in East:

PHI
    BOS
    NY
    MIL
    CLE

Teams on the bubble of making PO: TOR, CHI, MIA & ATL - so that means CHA would have to beat out 2 of those 4 teams. Best bet seems like CHA making the play-in as 9th or 10th and winning that to get into playoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs' natural pick is #30.
    me too!

Thread Information