Page 222 of 232 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5790
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based upon Finger’s article, selecting a PG is likelier than other positions. That suggests Topic is the likeliest pick.

I like Castle, despite his unreliable shot, and his being more of a combo guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aside speculations about the Risacher camp, I take the link to Bilal to add some more speculations........(would fit better in the trade proposal thread, but anyway...)

we know, that there is this almost life long close friendship between Bilal and Victor. if Bilal was in this years draft, would he be high on the Spurs list? sure he would, not just because it would make Victor happy to reunite with him, but because of the player profile (and personality) of Bilal. where would Bilal go this year? at7? at5? at3? so, what can the Spurs offer that the Wizards make listen? sure, it would take their pick, maybe more. but the Wizards would agree at the right price, especially with Avdija finally live up to expectations and tied up long term. (Deni's best games came with Bilal out and Kispert alongside him in the starting line up)
    I'm not totally convince of the need or importance of pleasing Wemby with a close friend more than the "right" player

If it happens to coincide why not but I don't see him asking for it nor the Spurs actively looking for it

A vet like Batum would make a lot of sense and cover a lot of our needs but PATFO isn't gong to make the Spurs a French disapora roster imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another youngster to develop?

If I was DET I'd hunt for experience and use those picks to trade
    With so many young players on the team already, a smart team would probably trade their top 3 pick for some decent veterans and maybe a future pick, but we're talking about Detroit and they don't have a repution for making smart moves.

Believe.
    Post Count
    aside speculations about the Risacher camp, I take the link to Bilal to add some more speculations........(would fit better in the trade proposal thread, but anyway...)

we know, that there is this almost life long close friendship between Bilal and Victor. if Bilal was in this years draft, would he be high on the Spurs list? sure he would, not just because it would make Victor happy to reunite with him, but because of the player profile (and personality) of Bilal. where would Bilal go this year? at7? at5? at3? so, what can the Spurs offer that the Wizards make listen? sure, it would take their pick, maybe more. but the Wizards would agree at the right price, especially with Avdija finally live up to expectations and tied up long term. (Deni's best games came with Bilal out and Kispert alongside him in the starting line up)
    Sorry it’s sort of like 2001: A Space Odyssey, you can have any of those damn planets or moons that you want but don’t with Europa (bilal). He’s probably the only asset there NOT for sale lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you Ariel in the case of potential star players but Risacher isn't really.

His camp dgaf about money as much as others (father former pro) and REALLY don't want DET or CHA (not sure about WAS bc of Bilal's presence)

Add the fact that he's been far from showcasing himself recently after huge hype... I'm not naturally a conspiracy theorist but it does smell fishy to me
    Ironically, I think it would make more sense for Risacher to land in Detroit (already have ball dominant guards to create and bigs to bang inside but lack shooting wings) than Washington (lots of needs but their 2 most important assets going forward are Deni Avdija and Bilal Coulibaly, which roughly occupy the same positions he'd fill). But if he's so adamant about not going to Detroit and Charlotte I doubt he's taking leap of faith, I'd take that as a strong indication he already feels confident he'd be taken somewhere in the high lottery, and the obvious candidate would be the Spurs.

This could work out his way (teams passing on him to avoid an unnecessary risk) but teams can also see that as an opportunity to pry a few assets from the Spurs, so they could take him anyway and force him to negotiate, like Boston did taking Thybulle at 20 when they got wind of Philadelphia targeting him at 21, only to trade him there immediately after, or more recently, Indiana taking Coulibaly at 7 only to move him right away to Washington at 8 for a meagre 2nd round pick. If it becomes too obvious Risacher is holding out for the Spurs, some team might be tempted to pull something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the player we should target is Isaiah Collier, someone we could mold into Jrue Holiday type lead guard and two way player
    Last edited by kobyz; 1 Week Ago at 11:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose it's premature to speculate too much without knowing the order of the lottery yet. Teams cannot project themselves, and therefore cannot promise anything to the players. In this context, it seems totally counterproductive to announce or make it known too early that we are ignoring certain teams. And if his agent has contacts with franchises, the latter would be well advised to specify to the Risacher camp that they had every interest in keeping quiet before knowing the order of the picks. I have never heard a side assert such wishes so early; I could be wrong, but in general, insiders start to review their mock based on the impasses that players in teams may have made juste before the draft, not three months in advance.

These preferences could also be false rumors.

(Risacher would in any case be perfect for the Spurs, but I still stand by my idea of ​​associating Victor with Sarr. On the wing, there would possibly be Salaün with the Toronto pick. For the moment I prefer Salaün to Risacher. He has a raw and physical side like Kawhi Leonard. His ceiling is perhaps more uncertain, but he is a monster.)

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the Spurs taking Salaun if the Toronto pick conveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    difference between sheppard and a lot of those combo guards is he's not blowing by guys off the dribble like maxey, and he's not overwhelming with size like SGA. he's going to have to be a smaller reaves and really adapt to the pick and roll game. at least he can fall back on the shooting.
    Yup, I agree with this. It is not at all about "passing vision" with Reed Sheppard, he's got plenty as can be seen in transition especially. The thing is, he can't beat guys off the dribble because he's neither fast enough nor a good enough ball handler, and those are not so easy to overlook, and he has trouble getting his own shot off unless he's set up, and these 2 don't give me confidence he'll end up a successful PG at the NBA level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Risacher would in any case be perfect for the Spurs, but I still stand by my idea of ​​associating Victor with Sarr. On the wing, there would possibly be Salaün with the Toronto pick. For the moment I prefer Salaün to Risacher. He has a raw and physical side like Kawhi Leonard. His ceiling is perhaps more uncertain, but he is a monster.)
    I'm not sure with Salaun, all I see from him are catch and shoot 3s, straight line drives and dunks, doesn't look like a future star in the making, but maybe it's just my view based on a very limited sample so I'll defer to those who follow him closely.

As for Sarr, I've liked him all along but as the season progressed (and Wemby, specifically) I've began shifting to other prospects who would theoretically make a better fit with him (lead guards and wings who can shoot, like Dillingham and Risacher), but in a draft were there is so much uncertainty and projection, I absolutely can't rule out a 7'1" guy with a 7'4" wingspan who is fluid and moves his feet very well, and that has shown flashes of being able to put the ball on the floor and scoring with skill rather than athleticism or brute force. His FT% isn't bad and his shooting isn't worse than Collier or Buzelis and better than Castle, so if we're going to give others the benefit of the doubt, why not him? His floor is lower than Clingan's (probably the one projected top 10 pick I wouldn't touch), but his ceiling is much higher IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im out on Salaun tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many young players on the team already, a smart team would probably trade their top 3 pick for some decent veterans and maybe a future pick, but we're talking about Detroit and they don't have a repution for making smart moves.
    that franchise has been straight ass since they traded Billups lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you wanna know what spurs don't wanna do in any draft, just read what media say they wanna do...

Since when do any report about spurs draft intentions (or any intentions) had any kind of substance? Working or not, they've always been smoke screen happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And for the record, I still believe spurs target Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still see a little glimmer in Nephew (the good traits) in Holland. Wouldn't mind us taking that swing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that franchise has been straight ass since they traded Billups lol
    If you believe these guys, it sounds like DET has all the french players at the top of there big board.

https://youtu.be/AE6BYTKwbOo?feature=shared

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Nash-ish?
    Play fast
    Spacing
    A dog.
    Last edited by alfahdlan; 1 Week Ago at 04:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This mock has Dillingham to Spurs at 5 and Topic to Raptors at 6. Shannon IL to Spurs at 35.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/2024-nb...ffs-postseason
    i like dillingham. thought experiment is who else the spurs grab if they got the #7 or #8 pick from toronto as well. in a draft where risacher/holland/buzelis are all off the board before even the spurs natural pick, not sure what the natural follow up is to a dillingham pick. castle? cody williams maybe, i dno.

going off what DAF said in the other thread, i ideally would like a combo of:

1 of the kentucky gaurds
    1 of the following wings - risacher, holland, buzelis

wildcard is how the FO feels about Sarr/Wemby fit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More I watch Buzelis the more he looks like Samanic Jr.

Before I just noticed his bad shooting and at ude.

Then the more I watched I saw more Samanic in his game. Short arms. Drive and spin into a shot. The spin was the go to move. Just shorter and lighter with a tinier waist

Some of his contesting is nice and would be useful but on the whole I just am not a fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like dillingham. thought experiment is who else the spurs grab if they got the #7 or #8 pick from toronto as well. in a draft where risacher/holland/buzelis are all off the board before even the spurs natural pick, not sure what the natural follow up is to a dillingham pick. castle? cody williams maybe, i dno.

going off what DAF said in the other thread, i ideally would like a combo of:

1 of the kentucky gaurds
    1 of the following wings - risacher, holland, buzelis

wildcard is how the FO feels about Sarr/Wemby fit
    In terms of talent is Sarr is there at 7 and 8 you DO NOT pass on him because of fit, I'd hope it isn't the case that we get 2 picks and all wings are gone, but if they are, I'd go Dillingham + Castle, or trade down to pick up Salaun / Knecht, or just trade out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Nash-ish?
    Play fast
    Spacing
    A dog.
    not sure that he can average 10 assists/game in the NBA but probably a better defender than Nash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updated tiers:

Tier 1 (Chance to fit in right away and likely to show star potential)
    -Castle
    -Buzelis
    -Dilly
    -Collier

Tier 2 (Day 1 Contributors but each have clear flaws in their game that may prevent them from being stars)
    -Sheppard
    -Risacher
    -Topic
    -Dalton

Tier 3 (Raw players who may be a good role player by year 3 )
    -Sarr
    -Cody Williams
    -Salaun

Tier 4 (Busts)
    -Jakobe Walter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updated tiers:

Tier 1 (Chance to fit in right away and likely to show star potential)
    -Castle
    -Buzelis
    -Dilly
    -Collier

Tier 2 (Day 1 Contributors but each have clear flaws in their game that may prevent them from being stars)
    -Sheppard
    -Risacher
    -Topic
    -Dalton

Tier 3 (Raw players who may be a good role player by year 3 )
    -Sarr
    -Cody Williams
    -Salaun

Tier 4 (Busts)
    -Jakobe Walter
    Holland?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy is an X Factor and is in tier 2 right now but can make a leap to tier 1 if I find something I like with more viewing.

Thread Information