Page 179 of 228 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5683
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about whether a player "is a center" or "is a real center" or anything related to that. The question is what kinds of players fix next to Wemby, and the label assigned to him doesn't affect that. Right now, the team struggles with having good screens set from them and has very little rim pressure. That's why adding those skills would be beneficial. Whether Wemby has the "C" designation on the lineups when that occurs doesn't matter to me at all, especially during a transitional period where things don't have to be optimized for a contender.

This is missing the point though. Those aren't a static collection of players in which Wemby definitely fits. They're points on a continuum and might well be all to one side of it while Wemby is further to the other side. Giannis 100 percent could play center physically -- which is why he often plays the position in certain lineups throughout the years -- but has played with Lopez or Portis almost exclusively this season. So is Milwaukee running a two-big lineup? If that answer is no, then it makes you start to question where the line is. Wemby's still developing, but it wouldn't be hard to imagine Victor having a more accomplished floor game than Giannis does when all is said and done.
    No, the Bucks aren't running a 2 bigs lineup. Giannis came to the league as a SF. He played all his career as a perimeter player (PFs are perimeter players nowadays). He has perimeter player handles. In the 90's he would still be a 3. Only in this era he can become a full time PF and even a C at times. But this is only more evidence of why Wemby should play Center and only center.

Wemby, unlike Giannis, was always a center. He played center his entire formative years. He has good handles, FOR A CENTER. He will never be the ball handler that Giannis is, that's why he will never have a better floor game, and that's he will never be a PF.
    Last edited by DAF86; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:49 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matas got that dawg in him tbh.

That’s a fake PR dawg

he’s desperate and sounds pathetic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds cool at first, but knowing this will never happen, he could get away with saying something like this

like the "hold me back" guy who doesnt really have any intention of fighting
    This.

One more reason not to want Buzelis now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

One more reason not to want Buzelis now
    I think you're just overly sensitive about Frenchies... like they wouldn't surrender the first opportunity they got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welp, so much for drafting Risacher with our pick and Buzelis with the Raptors one, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, so much for drafting Risacher with our pick and Buzelis with the Raptors one, tbh.
    LET THEM FIGHT IN PRACTICE. Next day they'll be BFF. Like the scene in Swingers where they almost get in a fight in the parking lot and the next day come over to play NHL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, I do think there’s a chance that Risacher is drafted by the Spurs. I think the Spurs put a lot of value in how players conduct themselves, and if there is a prospect who comes from a professional league where professionalism is expected then it’s likely that Risacher is familiar with showing up to work on time. We sometimes forget these guys are kids and kids take years to take work seriously (or know what they want in life). There is less risk there if the player comes from a professional league, and the Spurs can do homework there to see if he acts like an adult already. We’ve seen how Wemby acts on and off the court and maybe the Spurs want more of that.

All that to still say that Zaccharie still doesn’t look the part of someone who should be drafted in the top 10 in any regular year… but that I hope I’m wrong because I want my team to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    risacher still #1 on my board, think it will be hard to move off that. i dont see Sarr/Wemby coexisting, but modern day hyper-agile twin towers is kind of appealing in theory

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I
    I think you're just overly sensitive about Frenchies... like they wouldn't surrender the first opportunity they got
    I think you’re confusing correlation and causation

Its just a ridiculous attempt at using a better projected player to regain some hype. It’s quite low

Don’t care about nationalities and don’t know much about Risacher who isn’t even my draft choice.

As for the surrendering part, education matters mate. Hilarious tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the aggression from Buzelis here, but it doesn't change my board. As of now this is where I'm at waiting on measurables and workout leaks...(not a Spurs bb... just overall)

2024 NBA Draft Board
    Tier 1:
    1. Zaccharie Risacher
    2. Alex Sarr
    3. Nikola Topic
    4. Matas Buzelis
    Tier 2:
    5. Reed Shephard
    6. Robert Dillingham
    7. Cody Williams
    8. Tidjane Salaun
    Tier 3:
    9. Dalton Knecht
    10. Isaiah Collier
    11. Johnny Furphy
    12. Stephen Castle
    13. JaKobe Walter
    14. Kyle Filipowski
    15. Donovan Clingan
    16. Ron Holland
    Tier 4:
    17. Ryan Dunn
    18. Tyler Smith
    19. Ke'lel Ware
    20. Yves Missi
    21. Zach Edey
    22. Bobi Klintman
    23. Kyshawn George
    24. Tyrese Proctor
    Tier 5:
    25. Pacome Dadiet
    26. Trevon Brazile
    27. Kevin McCullar
    28. Juan Nunez
    29. Tyler Kolek
    30. Tristan Da Silva

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed 100%... I also think, in a poor draft like this one, it makes even more sense to put an emphasis on drafting a player with that edge.
    I agree. But then there's Ron Holland who feels like all edge but little skills yet and I get flummoxed. Isiah Collier is another. Star at ude. Intense on offense at least. But lots to work on.

I don't know what to make of the Buzelis. Is it sincere? Was it his agent"s idea to throw that out there for critics who think he lacks drive?

If Buzelis really has that at ude, plus his feel for the game and fundamental skills, then he's a player that needs a very hard look. My gut feeling is he isn't a Brian Wright archetype , despite TD21's protestations that Wright is not acting as the general manager.

Anyway. Your quote just got me going in a tangent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But then there's Ron Holland who feels like all edge but little skills yet and I get flummoxed. Isiah Collier is another. Star at ude. Intense on offense at least. But lots to work on.

I don't know what to make of the Buzelis. Is it sincere? Was it his agent"s idea to throw that out there for critics who think he lacks drive?

If Buzelis really has that at ude, plus his feel for the game and fundamental skills, then he's a player that needs a very hard look. My gut feeling is he isn't a Brian Wright archetype , despite TD21's protestations that Wright is not acting as the general manager.

Anyway. Your quote just got me going in a tangent.
    Glad i could assist on your 'tangent'....

I don't know if Buzelis is sincere or if its PR. The Cooper Flagg 1 on 1 makes me think it could be sincere. It'll be interesting when someone challenges him like this (Williams, Holland, etc). Will he step up then? I hope it happens ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reasons Buzelis has the reputation of a shooter is because he's white and has a European (Lithuanian) name.

despite TD21's protestations that Wright is not acting as the general manager.
    At the lack of reading comprehension.

Here, try again: For The Bigots And The Uninitiated (spurstalk.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 games left to go in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reasons Buzelis has the reputation of a shooter is because he's white and has a European (Lithuanian) name.

At the lack of reading comprehension.

Here, try again: For The Bigots And The Uninitiated (spurstalk.com)
    Honestly, I don't understand your insistence on qualifying Wright's role with the team. It's not reading comprehension in some simple sense. It's reading between the lines and recognizing that you use "umpteenth", suggesting that others don't understand some knowledge that you think you need to teach us. You're very insistent on something peculiar about Wright that even in your definition of his role doesn't amount to much. So he consults with others? That's shocking? He's not the owner of the team. Also, "bigots"? You're the one trying to undersell the agency of a black general manager.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I don't understand your insistence on qualifying Wright's role with the team. It's not reading comprehension in some simple sense. It's reading between the lines and recognizing that you use "umpteenth", suggesting that others don't understand some knowledge that you think you need to teach us. You're very insistent on something peculiar about Wright that even in your definition of his role doesn't amount to much. So he consults with others? That's shocking? He's not the owner of the team. Also, "bigots"? You're the one trying to undersell the agency of a black general manager.
    My insistence is to correct ignorance. Again: POBO > GM. That's not opinion, it's fact and I'm not underselling (or absolving), I'm contextualizing.

Certain people have been told this on multiple occasions and they've ignored it, so what other conclusion is there to draw than bigot? Others have flat out made racist remarks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzelis is 30/115 (26.1%) from 3 this season. When you look at his boxscores, he has been bad at shooting 3 the whole season. These low numbers aren't the result of a slow start or a shooting slump at some point of the season. That's worrisome and he will have to convince teams he is a good shooter during workouts if he wants to be a top5 pick.
    Bustzelis tbh. He's a bust. If we draft this clown, or rather "when" we draft this clown, he will Primo us. Stay away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I don't have any control whoever FO picks, I'm not fussing about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My insistence is to correct ignorance. Again: POBO > GM. That's not opinion, it's fact and I'm not underselling (or absolving), I'm contextualizing.

Certain people have been told this on multiple occasions and they've ignored it, so what other conclusion is there to draw than bigot? Others have flat out made racist remarks.
    I see. Well, back to the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there is a pretty good chance the 3/6 finishes for us and Toronto will be the final ones, who wants to do another round of "Tankathon sim draft"? Again only one click on "Sim draft" and tell us, who you pick (reasonable picks)!

I got...

#2 and #7...and take Topic and Knecht with those picks.
    Charlotte hat the #1 and would not take Topic. I think, he can be special. A lot of his moves remind me of Manu, even though he needs to become a better shooter. Knecht is a guy who can help with just that spacing.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Typical of a GLeague Ignite guy. An AAU mentality playing for an AAU team in the g league. These guys take years to learn how to play basketball when they enter the NBA. I’d take an international or college player over any of these g league guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Please inform the ignorant. What does POBO>GM mean?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there is a pretty good chance the 3/6 finishes for us and Toronto will be the final ones, who wants to do another round of "Tankathon sim draft"? Again only one click on "Sim draft" and tell us, who you pick (reasonable picks)!

I got...

Charlotte hat the #1 and would not take Topic. I think, he can be special. A lot of his moves remind me of Manu, even though he needs to become a better shooter. Knecht is a guy who can help with just that spacing.
    I got #2 and #7... Tankathon gave me Topic and Buzelis. I'd be good with that..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I got...

toronto get the third and us the six in my first sim but not on the mock draft page

so i did a second sim and we got the first and seventh pick : topic and holland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information